Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

by GuyGadebois » 19/11/19, 21:24

Christophe wrote:Pictures with meter?

I admit, I did the Marseille! In my memory, the thing was huge. It is roughly 13cm wide and just slightly longer.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 21:47

There you go, cqfd!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 19/11/19, 21:54

Christophe wrote:There you go, cqfd!

Oh don't freak out, huh, it happens to everyone to crash! : Mrgreen:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 21:58

I do not strut on your approximation, I strut on my analysis which was certainly the right ... nuance!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 19/11/19, 22:00

Christophe wrote:I do not strut on your approximation, I strut on my analysis which was certainly the right ... nuance!

Yes good oh it's ok huh, pav ... (and shit) ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/11/19, 22:06

I was recently put linky in a house in the 60s. Everything was in its juices, and I changed almost everything except the counter ...

I did not ask specifically to change the meter, which was a good old electromechanical device.

And yeah, they put it on the old original plywood panel (1960) ... : roll:

I find it a bit light, because Linky normally has a full plastic support, to install of course.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/11/19, 23:12

Christophe wrote:Yes that too but it is valid for any counter that ... strangely can of disc meter were causing fire ...
The linky heats more than an old meter ... so it must be installed in the rules ...
Not sure the stats prove you right. One in 4 domestic fires is of electrical origin, rarely because of the meter ... https://www.planetoscope.com/habitat/50 ... rance.html

And why the linky would heat up more :?:
I have an old disc meter that I put on my heat pump to check its consumption. Well, I noticed something not cool: despite the use of a 16 mm² cable, terminals tightened fully, pulling on the wires to check: I was able to remove them easily. : Shock:

In fact as it is multi-strand, I had to twist it so that it really holds. I hope that the terminals of the linky are more reliable, because at home too, I installed the linky in less than 15 minutes on the old wooden board. on the other hand the installer clamped the circuit breaker at 45 A.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/11/19, 13:00

izentrop wrote:Not sure the stats prove you right. One in 4 domestic fires is of electrical origin, rarely because of the meter ... https://www.planetoscope.com/habitat/50 ... rance.html.

How to distort my words ... what did I say? That fires at the level of old meters (with discs) are rare ... but that switching to Linky can increase this risk (if improperly installed: electricity-electronics-informatics / linky-mal-install-on-board-or-medium-Wood-REACT-before-that he-not-be-too-late-t16204.html )

izentrop wrote:And why the linky would heat up more :?:

M'enfin, because there are power electronics components in it and generally more electronics that require heat dissipation!

There are also obviously some capacitors which can wear out more or less quickly according to their quality ... a capacitor rarely lasts more than 30-40 years (and I am very nice ...) especially if it is connected h24!

Disc meters over 50 years old still exist!

This drop in reliability is one of the scams of smart meters (supposedly econological) that we denounced years ago on this forum...

izentrop wrote:In fact as it is multi-strand, I had to twist it so that it really holds. I hope that the terminals of the linky are more reliable, because at home too, I installed the linky in less than 15 minutes on the old wooden board. on the other hand the installer clamped the circuit breaker at 45 A.

Post the photo of your counter here so that we think about whether it meets safety standards: electricity-electronics-informatics / linky-mal-install-on-board-or-medium-Wood-REACT-before-that he-not-be-too-late-t16204.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 12:35

You will find here 2 photos of a linky installation on a correct wooden support: because with the plastic case which meets the standard.

electricity-electronics-informatics / linky-mal-install-on-board-or-medium-Wood-REACT-before-that he-not-be-too-late-t16204.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/12/19, 17:48

It should be certain that not all Linky fires are the cause of poorly made, poorly-tightened connections or connections that heat ...

We can always say that the cause is the change of meter. It's not false.

But hey, then it would be necessary to accuse Peugeot of all the accidents having involved a car the mark ... If there had been this Peugeot at this place, there would not have been the accident. It's just as clear.

About a bad connection, I struggled like crazy to find the cause of a general disjunction when the suction of the pellets on my boiler was engaged. I was on the verge of changing the engine. Until then, almost by chance, I realized that the installer had not tightened one of the terminals of the connection of this motor on the relay of the boiler board. On switching on, a small arc formed, with overcurrent ... A screwdriver blow, and for several years, the problem has been resolved! The same on a plywood, and maybe it caught fire. We could have created a buzz: "Okofen set the houses on fire"! The fuel lobby would surely have insinuated that "pellets are dangerous"!
2 x