Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Linky: hoaxes and fakes circulating on the Internet!

by GuyGadebois » 19/11/19, 19:33

Christophe wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
Christophe wrote:

This is not the support that can fire the Linky, but the opposite, it seems to me.

Anything this reasoning ... if it is not installed according to the rules of the art and the instructions of the manufacturer is the installation (use) that is responsible and not the manufacturer! <<< Of course, I never said the opposite.

If a Linky heats enough to fire the fire, imagine the plastic hood. Otherwise for the rest I agree with you: subcontracting shabby (same for Orange since France Telecom no longer moves) and fanciful installation.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 19:57

If you say the opposite 2 lines above ... : Cheesy:

So if branquignoles work like pigs for ENEDIS and it turns out that the installation is not regulatory * ...then it's ENEDIS the manager, not the linky!

* and I think that fire insurance can do their investigation in this case in case of major property damage!

It is possible that there is a heatsink at the back of the linky where it catches fire and in this case the installation instructions must specify that the calories must be dissipated correctly, so no installation possible on an insulating material like wood!!

If we do not put PC motherboards on wooden supports ... maybe there is a reason! : Mrgreen:

I have no linky, I never studied closely ... all this is speculative (except for Enedis bricks!)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 19/11/19, 20:03

Christophe wrote:If you say the opposite 2 lines above ... : Cheesy:

You misunderstood me. I was NOT talking about responsibility at all but physical property apart from any other consideration: "it is not the medium that can set the Linky on fire, but the opposite, it seems to me". Without going any further. For the rest I agree and I also agree with your point of view. It is clearer?
Oops, I got it, I forgot : Mrgreen: indicating the joke. Sorry
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 20:08

Not so speculative finally ... I just found this:

a) The installation of electricity meters is regulated by the ERDF technical specification: ERDF-CPT-M & S-CDC-11006

b) This .pdf indicates
InfractionlinkynormeNFC14100.pdf
(2.6 million) Downloaded times 1446

First fault: do not replace the wooden panels or tableautins by self-extinguishing plates.

Second fault: disregard the locations now prohibited for this type of meters and replace cheaply the robust electromechanical meter often installed in these places now prohibited for new meters

Of course the replacement of the wood support should be imperative and at the expense of the company that wants to impose its new device but also the change of location which ipso facto would sometimes require major work for the site to answer, in terms of security, to standard.Needile to specify that such work is not done in the time frame of 30 minutes granted to subcontractors who are either accomplices or dupes of Enédis. But in the case of companies that are in principle specialized in electricity, they should know the standards of their field of action.

(...)

A retired engineer from RTE (EDF), doctor and engineer in applied physics even explains that in case of phase inversion and neutral, as has been seen with incompetent installers, this can lead to disasters. We can add that the unipolar cut-off system inside the Linky can also generate electric arcs and participate in the firing of the wooden boards.

(...)

The 2 videos where the linky burned are installed on WOOD !! As by chance !!

Another mystery solved (among others) on this forum... now the neuneus who can not even check info will always think that this is a problem only Linky ... while it is their installation that is canve and they left a return branquignole at home!

This deserves to make complaint for endangering the life of others!

Well I'm going to make a new topic that seems important to me!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 19/11/19, 20:20

It's no coincidence, when you heat enough wood, it catches fire, not a self extinguishing support .... Fortunately, the regulations do not oblige to install an automatic fire-fighting device and / or a surveillance camera ! Were there fire departures before Linky with the traditional counters?
When it comes to letting in a bounce home, how do you distinguish a good installer from a clown? In addition, we do not have the right to oppose the installation of this meter.
Maybe a meter that heats up to the point of being able to fire is badly designed, right?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 20:31

GuyGadebois wrote:Maybe a meter that heats up to the point of being able to fire is badly designed, right?

Maybe an engine without oil or coolant that heats to the point of being able to fire is badly designed, right?

Linky engineers might have had to oversize the heatsinks but I think they were limited by congestion standards ... so instead of designing a meter very well cooled but bigger so not installable at the same places that the old meter, they set a standard of installation ... that helps eliminate the risk of fire ...

If this installation standard is not respected because of the shareholders of ENEDIS, it is not the fault of Linky ...

Subject made: electricity-electronics-informatics / linky-mal-install-on-board-or-medium-Wood-REACT-before-that he-not-be-too-late-t16204.html
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/11/19, 20:34

A loose electrical connection still heats enough to fire the fire on wood, it does not date from linky ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 20:41

Yes that too but it is valid for any counter that ... strangely can of disc meter were causing fire ...

The linky heats more than an old meter ... so it must be installed in the rules ...
So of course if we are dealing with poorly trained brokers to just make more profits under the decision of the leaders of ENEDIS ... it is certainly not the fault of the counter ... but of these!

So trial and prison!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 19/11/19, 20:54

Christophe wrote:Linky's engineers might have had to oversize heatsinks, but I think they were limited by congestion standards.

I currently have an "electronic" meter 3 times larger than a Linky.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/11/19, 21:07

Pictures with meter?
0 x