Linky installation on a wooden board: poor workmanship with risk of fire and endangering the life of others!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Re: Linky badly installed on board or wooden support? React before it's too late?

by Christophe » 02/12/19, 12:53

Oh no, it's not good Raymond! (not to be confused with "Oh yes, it's good Raymonde" ... ok I'm going out)

So in your place I would inform Enedis of the installation problem by giving them the standard reference (standard home) .... It will be a good feedback to see how they react.
1 x
Christophe

Re: Linky badly installed on board or wooden support? React before it's too late?

by Christophe » 02/12/19, 12:59

izentrop wrote:I can not see how to put this enhancement of linky without lengthening the son. They were economical in time. The wires had just the right length for the connection, maybe also by anti-fraud measure?

To lengthen 4 son is better than the destruction of the counter or a house no?

If the enhancement boxes are made logically, the son are integrated ... or at least a terminal block to make a clean extension.

izentrop wrote:If we analyze the official documents cited with this pdf from an anti-linky collective (I suppose), by looking for "wood" in this sheet https://www.enedis.fr/sites/default/fil ... 9_2016.pdf for new installations, 19 plug, on wooden partition, is recommended an intermediate 25 mm plasterboard, without precision concerning the fire resistance, it is already more logical.

Yes it must be a fireproof material (which means that there is a risk of heating and flame ...)

izentrop wrote:What would be even more logical is to completely replace these wooden panels with a placo + the regulatory board, the son would not need to be lengthened, but probably not provided in the charter of installers, because that requires more than half an hour of work. : Wink:

That's the worry ... only one can ask the question: why some technicians make correct installations (so have the resources for: material and time) and others do not?

I imagine that Enedis, when she is under treatment, pays the same amount per meter to the installers ... and when we see how much are charged the hours of work of an electrician (80 to 200 €) ... I do not do not know where the dumping is!

It would cause me a serious problem of conscience if I installed every day things that could put the fire and the life of others in danger ... : Shock:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/12/19, 13:27

Christophe wrote:u at least one terminal block to make a clean extension.

izentrop wrote:If we analyze the official documents cited with this pdf from an anti-linky collective (I suppose), by looking for "wood" in this sheet https://www.enedis.fr/sites/default/fil ... 9_2016.pdf for new installations, 19 plug, on wooden partition, is recommended an intermediate 25 mm plasterboard, without precision concerning the fire resistance, it is already more logical.

Yes it must be a fireproof material (which means that there is a risk of heating and flame ...)

Plaster, or placo, it is incombustible (M0).
It is used as a filling material for cable hoppers between different premises to ensure fire sectorization.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/19, 13:29

Yes of course, I wanted to say and I thought it was undeniable:

(Which means that there is a risk of heating at the level of Linky and flame of a possible inflammable support ...)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/12/19, 13:57

Christophe wrote:Oh no, it's not good Raymond! (not to be confused with "Oh yes, it's good Raymonde" ... ok I'm going out)

So in your place I would inform Enedis of the installation problem by giving them the standard reference (standard home) .... It will be a good feedback to see how they react.

ouee, chui not too motivated, I will still monitor if it heats or not.
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 02/12/19, 14:15

thibr wrote:at home I have the white box underneath : Wink:

I'm lucky, he put the Linky in the outer cubicle, instead of the old counter that was 2 years old.
==> No "major" risk for the house.
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/12/19, 14:29

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:I can not see how to put this enhancement of linky without lengthening the son. They were economical in time. The wires had just the right length for the connection, maybe also by anti-fraud measure?
To lengthen 4 son is better than the destruction of the counter or a house no?
If the enhancement boxes are made logically, the son are integrated ... or at least a terminal block to make a clean extension.
Yeah! A bad contact on the connection near the wood panel and the problem remains whole. : Mrgreen:
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 02/12/19, 14:32

Remundo wrote:ouee, chui not too motivated, I will still monitor if it heats or not.

Except failure, a meter is not likely to heat ...

A meter that would heat up would consume a lot of energy, charged to whom? If so, it would give serious elements to anti-linky : Mrgreen:
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 02/12/19, 14:39

izentrop wrote:A bad contact on the connection near the wood panel and the problem remains whole. : Mrgreen:

Connections there are dozens in a house, all must be good! as you say. the problem remains whole ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/12/19, 14:54

dede2002 wrote:
izentrop wrote:A bad contact on the connection near the wood panel and the problem remains whole. : Mrgreen:
Connections there are dozens in a house, all must be good! as you say. the problem remains whole ...
Yes but needs a passage of current consequent for a bad contact heats.

I looked at the previous page videos, have seen in the first that the smoke comes out of the bottom and in the second it is the bottom of the meter that is consumed, and the place of the passage of the son and the sheath of these sons.
It is a bad contact to the terminal that has generated that.

In time, the cable of arrival under the meter was not sheathed, moreover a hole by wire was made in the board, all the ingredients to favor the fire.
So in a risky partition: a big hole, a good sheath, a thick plaza under the counter and the risks are minimized.

I had not seen Thibr's comment. Is there a reference on this enhancement?

See also Promotelec's answer https://www.promotelec.com/forums/prote ... -supports/
0 x