Led Christmas Lights

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/12/08, 15:05

Renaud 67
Certain LED lighting uses a capacitor to avoid the stroboscopic effect given the speed of this lighting.
Does the light slowly dim or stay on all the time?
:D
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 12/12/08, 15:48

the sensation it was a flash: when I pressed the strong light switch (ripping up a condo?)
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 12/12/08, 15:58

renaud67 wrote:the sensation it was a flash: when I pressed the strong light switch (ripping up a condo?)

Renaud67: your switch is behind the transformer? (ie in the order: wall socket-transformer-switch-LED)

If so, it is your transformer which emptied its capacitor in the LED when you pressed the button.

Besides, if you can, put the switch before the transformer: it will prevent it from consuming when you turn off the light.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/12/08, 16:00

Renaud67
Surely a capacitor discharge.

An interesting thing is that on a string of 200 lights, I have a voltage return of plus or minus 50 millivolts in full daylight, we know that a diode can give the solar panel effect.
For the purposes of the test, I am going to check in the dark tonight if I have the same result, because here it is 10 am.
It can be a magnetic effect in the wire.

I confirm later.
:D
0 x