Lighting of streets and public roads

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 05/02/11, 23:09

I read an article a few years ago which said that a year of lighting for 1km of road in France costs society as much as a fatal accident on this road.
1 km of road lighting for 1 year comes to around € 4000 for 4000 H evening € 1 / H.
If this lighting can avoid a drama, it does not bother me to see the lampposts lit all night, now nothing prevents to switch to more economical lighting.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/02/11, 13:20

Beware of the dialectic of sellers, the fact that it costs the same does not establish a cause and effect relationship.

When you are on an airplane at night, you can see the areas lit by streetlights on the one hand, but often also that the streetlight is lighting up. A reflector is necessarily beneficial.

On the other hand, presenting a 100% indirect lighting as more economical than a 40% direct 60% indirect seems a little doubtful.

One can also ask the question of what is necessary or superfluous in lighting power. No doubt there is a standard.
0 x
celine13000
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by celine13000 » 11/03/11, 09:49

It is true that lighting a garden is useless but I who live in a big city when I am on a large footbridge and which is dark and well I find that quite simply dangerous and scandalous. There are places that require lighting for the safety of people whether on foot or by car. So it may be boring to do it on a case by case basis but it should be. Like the little street behind my house remains lit while there is not a cat the night after it is the same if a woman returns home late I am not sure that she is delighted with the situation. So it's tricky.
0 x
To find out more about electric heater
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 11/03/11, 10:10

It just puts me outside of seeing streets lit all night (especially in suburban areas)
On the pretext of security, it makes me laugh, as if a thug is worried about being seen. Even seen in many cases no one intervenes.

On the peripheral routes, there is statistically less accident if it is not lit. There are roundabouts where there is probably useful.

But in places where it is useful, red lighting should be preferred. V Science and life of this month, black promotes the elimination of certain chemical compounds. In Lyon on a square there is this type of lighting and it is not so unpleasant. (Finally at the light festivals there was that)

Another reflection, why, in the event of electrical consumption exceeding the norm, we would not cut public lighting in certain areas?
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 11/03/11, 12:08

Do as I do, come and live in central Brittany, and you will not be too embarrassed.

Light pollution in France

http://www.avex-asso.org/dossiers/wordpress/?page_id=38

Light pollution images of the world

http://www.google.com/images?q=pollution+lumineuse&hl=fr&rlz=1D2GGLD_frFR381&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=nAB6TbyjLsOxhQeSmJXiBg&ved=0CEAQ
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/03/11, 12:44

The waste of lighting is not the worst (LEDs will divide it by 10) compared to that of our heating in our thermal colander houses and which could be completely avoided by using the summer solar heat stored underground to heat us in winter, without any loss of comfort, if we wanted to by accepting to realize that it is possible, without a lot of investment in research, much less than for an EPR reactor, very dangerous him, real crap left as a legacy to our grandchildren. !!!
It works :
http://www.dlsc.ca/DLSC_Brochure_f.pdf
http://www.dlsc.ca/borehole.htm
0 x