LED lighting

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Did67

by Did67 » 21/08/09, 21:57

citro wrote:: arrow: The caps GX53 are recent but seem to be promising for rapid development.

Already several brands offer them in fluo with powers of 7, 9 and 11W.
Many other factories are starting to offer LED lights using this same base.

Effectively. I went shopping at Leroy Merlin today. The "bulbs" department is upset (obviously). And there are three or four models of GX53 (in fluorescent) ...

I also saw the appearance of high power fluorescent (equivalent to 150 or 200 W).

While waiting to see clearly, it is the puzzle !!! With enormous differences in terms of brightness for similar powers: I replaced a 20 W fluo from Lexman by a 28 W from Xanlite and it is day and night !!!! I go from "penumbra" to almost "blindness" !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/08/09, 12:56

Did, I hope you know that we sell Megaman in our shop at the same price as LM and better in some cases? And we deliver at home: economic and LED bulbs
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 11 / 14, 12: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/08/09, 14:51

1) I reassure you, I'm not going to LM for that! It was in passing that I saw the big upheaval in the light bulb department - an indication of market trends. And suddenly I solved the problem of a poorly lit kitchen by a compact Lexman for months!

2) Age: I would say 2 years ... Rise in power very slow and then low intensity but after a long time ...

3) The Xanlite is a 28 W (given for an equivalence of 150 W - suddenly, it's too much for the room! But as the 20 W was really weak, I thought it was necessary); 8 h; 000 ° K; 4000 lumen; class A (the majority of compact fluorescents are - except a few mediocre which are B; the criterion is no longer discriminating at all for fluorescent). FYI, less than 1750 € (10 and a few, I don't remember, maybe 9 €)
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 23/04/12, 21:04

Christophe wrote:1) I transfer your advertising link ...

2) Is it marked wherever there is a phillips on your link? Ah by clicking on the .pdf we see that it's Megaman ... but 1st generation ...

Deal !
: Cheesy:

well, we're in 2012! and I think the compact fluorescent lamps are dead and the LEDs have won .... and I too have won my bet!

A ++
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 06/06/13, 21:40

Posted on: Tue 29 Jan 2008, 19:19 Alert about this message! Respond with a quote
try there:

NO ADS

otherwise for the leds ....

... I take the bet of LED lamp acceptable under a horizon of 3 years

A + therefore
--- END OF QUOTE

so here we are again 1 year later .....

So where are these LEDs ???? (I post here because I received a reminder email to come back to chat about this forum)

A ++
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 26/10/14, 21:54

eh eh!

we are in 2014, 6 years after Christophe's bet ... and it seems to me that the LEDS are burying the flucompacts !!!!

would I have won my bet?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/10/14, 22:26

Indeed, it would not surprise me that the LED supplants the compact fluorescent.

It's not even more expensive as long as the longevity of the fluochose does not live up to its promises (barely 2 1/2 years for some), so I gradually replace all the lighting with LED projectors 20 Watts 2'300 lumens and of course between 6 K and 300 K, which gives a real beautiful white and neutral light, and above all which remains very white over time (and especially not below so as not to have yellow / orange light horrible incandescent or fluorescent lights).

Like that (but I remove the presence detector and I am largely a winner in the face of a compact fluorescent that does not hold more than an incandescent):
https://www.econologie.com/shop/projecte ... p-539.html

And it's just happiness ...! These projects are truly fabulous: total visual comfort!

And minimum consumption, as to obtain the same thing with a compact fluorescent with the same number of watts, it is in any case impossible, and it would be necessary to turn on 8 for a pale imitation, even at 100 watts it would not do it (and anyway, I wouldn't even want to try, even with "daylight" nicknames) ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/10/14, 23:21

I confirm: the LEDs are starting to be a serious competitor to CFLs!

but beware, there are LEDs and LEDs: models of too low power too expensive are still on sale! it's a real headache!

I have above me a 9W led lamp which lights better than a 15W compact fluorescent lamp and which above all gives its full power instantly on ignition

the vicious effect of compact fluorescent lamps that take several minutes to light up correctly is that they are always left on: led lamps are effective at the first second so we do not hesitate to turn them off
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/10/14, 12:46

Fluorescent bulbs correspond to a marketing constraint to replace incandescent bulbs: go on the same luminaires; but, technically, they seem to me like a regression: where the classic fluorescent tubes distribute the light, the compacts only provide a light point, the heat is also concentrated and the integrated ancillary equipment shortens the service life.
In short, they seem to me to stem from an unhappy adaptation of a technique which remains effective.

LEDs have a lot of interest, it is a shame that it is so difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Recently, I was offered a LED tube very similar to the classic fluorescent (not a string of LEDs) which provides instant and well distributed lighting; it should light a rotating machine in the workshop (I think it should not have a strobe effect, like the fluorescent?).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/10/14, 13:13

the mixture of led and electronic power supply in a single bulb is bad: you would have to buy the LEDs separately and put the power supply elsewhere

remains to find efficient leds at reasonable prices

15 days ago I placed my first order by aliexpress: received today
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6274152218.html

6 euro the 10 leds of 10W, free delivery ... the first tried works very well ... I did not even push the current to the nominal 900mA so it lights up

it must be mounted on a radiator to make full power

to make a good led lighting it is not necessary to concentrate them in an imitation of lamp mounted in a luminaire which reduces cooling, it is necessary to start again the leds in a thing which will be the luminaire

I will also measure the efficiency as a function of the current: it is not certain that the efficiency is the best at the nominal current, it is quite possible that the maximum efficiency is at a lower current, which in addition improves reliability.

in any case, the color of the light does not change with the current: only the power changes!
0 x