LED lighting on tensioned cables

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: LED lighting on tensioned cables

by chatelot16 » 10/02/16, 22:25

Grelinette wrote:Sorry to insert my question (on the leds) in this subject but I did not find how to create a new subject in the new forum ! ...
I want to add position lights on each side of a large flatbed trailer, as well as in the corners to be more visible at night and facilitate maneuvers. I thought of putting Leds which consume less and last a priori longer than the usual incandescent bulbs very fragile with permanent false contacts.
A priori I will have to solder each LED on the contacts because they will surely not be provided to adapt to the supports for conventional trailer bulbs.
But is it possible to put leds, and where to find 12 volt leds suitable for this type of use?

your problem is weird? how did you do in the old forum to create a new topic? I don't see the difference in the new

so clarify a little that we see where the problem is

too bad to no longer be able to use the old forum to see the difference

I see on another forum http://eolien.forumactif.org/t1679-the- ... luer#19002 that in each subject there is at the top a reply button, and a new button, allowing to open a new subject without going back to the forum

I do not remember if there was this possibility in the old forum , but it is sure that now to open a new subject, you have to go back to forum to see the list of subjects and have the button "new subject"

go back to forum , may not be obvious to everyone: you have to see the thing that looks like an address with levels, and click on the level above ... a button "see the forum (where is this topic) "would be of little use ... a bit like the parent folder of windows 98 or XP which disappeared on windows 7 and later

there is certainly something to invent to be clearer for those who are angry with informatikeu (like the pataphysikeu of ubu)

this is irrelevant in led lighting but it might deserve to create a subject on the ergonomics of forum

on another forum there are also people who can't create a topic since a big change http://www.usinages.com/threads/posez-v ... ost-961571

it is not to criticize the new version, which we appreciate, but to improve it!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 10/02/16, 22:31

chatelot16 wrote:
Grelinette wrote:Sorry to insert my question (on the leds) in this subject but I did not find how to create a new subject in the new forum ! ...

your problem is weird? how did you do in the old forum to create a new topic? I do not see the difference in the new one so specify a little that we see where the problem is

Bin ... in fact, I don't have a "New topic" button (or I'm tired and I don't see it).

Edit: That's it, I understand! : Cheesy: : I have to open the "Home of forum", then"Forum", then choose a theme, then a sub-theme to be able to create a new subject! ... (before, I always had the" Reply "and" New subject "buttons at the end of all posts).
Last edited by Grelinette the 10 / 02 / 16, 22: 42, 1 edited once.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/16, 22:39

Good note greli: we must now put ourselves in the under forum correspondent to post a new subject, ie here in the case of this subject: electricity-electronics-IT /

I will try to arrange this to return to the old configuration ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/02/16, 22:43

when you are on the subject "LED lighting on stretched cables" there is no button to create a subject

to get the button you have to go up

see: Home of forum / House, housing, electricity and garden. Works and DIY./ Hi-Tech and electronics: new products and innovations. Telephony, IT, internet, materials and pollution

and click on "Hi-Tech and electronics ..." to display the list of subjects ... and have the button create a subject

when christophe will see this message he will understand that there is something that can put off certain

I think it would be useful to add a button "create another topic" to be able to create another topic without going back to the forum which contains the subject
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 10/02/16, 22:49

We get out of the original subject a bit but it's normal with this new forum... Indeed, you must select the theme + sub theme to create a new subject. It can be complicated for certain subjects if we do not know exactly to which theme to attach it ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/16, 22:53

It is resolved :) We say thank you who?

The problem with this "new subject" button on each subject is the risk of placing a new subject in the wrong sub forum... but hey we are here to moderate ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 10/02/16, 22:59

Christophe wrote:It is resolved :) We say thank you who?

The problem with this "new subject" button on each subject is the risk of placing a new subject in the wrong sub forum... but hey we are here to moderate ...

Ha ... thank you Christophe. One last remark and after I stop this off-topic: if you create a new topic, you can display a window to recall the theme in which you are, and possibly propose to change.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/16, 23:07

I'm not too much for ... Continued below with the new "Off Topic" function:

[offsubject] a) one more manipulation ... this still limits posting ...
b) the theme (under forum in fact) is shown at the top in bulk under the new topic title form
b) then the mods must work a little :D

If ever there are too many "out forum"I will think about it and I would improve the thing (but in the old one it was still quite rare I find ...) [/ offsujet]
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/02/16, 23:15

thank you ! it's fast!

[offsubject] of course the risk of the button creating a new subject in each subject is that anyone creates anywhere without taking the time to look for where it should be put ... but the advantage is that when we are in a frankly related subject we can easily create in the same forum

well it's difficult for me to write in the same forum because there is a serious problem of disambiguation with the French English translation

in English the whole forum it's just a buletin board or board, and forum means part of the forum

in french a forum it is the whole, and in translation of phpbb it is also part of the forum ... we no longer know how to explain since the same word designates the whole or the part ... to name things wrongly is to add to the misery of the world

so when i say see the forum where is the subject, you have to understand the forum in the phpbb sense, not the whole forum

what name should we give to get out of this problem? say under forum it's a little underdeveloped or under continent, and it's a long time to write

we should see the translation of phpbb in other languages

of course it is irrelevant in the leds but I think it will be moved or it is necessary to show how this forum advance! ( forum in the sense forum whole, not under forum )

one way to get around this problem on econology is to say "the forums ", to say the forum whole ... a subtlety that I only recently understood [/ offsujet]
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/16, 23:48

So we continue the HS (I edited your message to add the HS tag):

[offsubject] Yes you understood correctly: to get out of this problem, it's been years since I called the forumS (the board) and the forum (money forums) ... [/ offsubject]
0 x