LED lamps and polystyrene slabs

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
roboc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roboc » 14/10/11, 12:04

It's not reassuring all that : Shock:

Regarding the walls, a priori no humidity pb linked to the outside. I have lived in this house for 6 years and there has never been a "leak" linked to a water supply from the outside. The house is completely surrounded by a terrace and the earth under the terrace is very dry and super compact (the excavator had difficulty digging : Cry: )

By cons I have already observed condensation, especially the last few days, when the micro-excavator was down with 2 workers permanently to clear 40 tonnes of soil : Shock:

The CMV will be humidity sensitive. The problem with this subject is that we have as many opinions as there are people, including the archis (!). I saw 4 for the basement and none gave me the same solutions, or they did not agree.

Dedeleco, I think you're referring to the dew point.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/10/11, 13:50

More than an allusion, it is the guiding principle that conditions everything in scientific physics in reality as I explained and which is a cowherm given the large variations in T of the different parts, wall, floor, outside and inside air !!!

Opinions of pros or pseudo pro have no meaning or credibility !!
Read and understand what I wrote here and on other posts with wikipedia references and understand well !!

Summer is opposed to winter because T de terre <T outside air in summer with strong condensation of the warmer outside air on cold walls and floors and the opposite in winter if it is cold !!!

So take thermometers, otherwise notice all wrong !!!

The soil is always damp at least a little and stirring it gives off a lot more moisture !!

For your problem it is necessary to think carefully, the solution changes completely between T of earth <T outside air and the opposite, since the VMC bringing in outside air which condenses in the first case on the cold wall and evaporates in the second !!!

So ask the pros to reason clearly as physicists, otherwise mistakes !!
If they do not distinguish the two cases that I indicate, they are totally wrong !!!
The pros have often never had a lesson on what I say !!!

In addition with the insulation, the walls have different temperatures from those without insulation to calculate carefully with thermal conductivity and to take into account !!

It is a real cowardice difficult because even one to two degrees of difference is enough to wet or dry according to its direction !!
In addition it reverses between night and day and the weather between summer, winter, autumn, spring, etc.
The bare earth is always a little damp, even if it is well drained and dry as you think, and this phenomenon of repeated condensing evaporations in the earth causes moisture to rise, which can appear on dry, apparently dry soil when it is covered. of tiles !!! Even if the water table is tens of meters deep !! This phenomenon allows plants to live in dry weather even on well-drained ground !!
0 x
roboc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roboc » 18/10/11, 16:16

Otherwise, on another forum I am offered to put LED downlights.

What do you think ? Does it heat up less?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/10/11, 16:25

No miracle, for LEDs, with comparable lighting, comparable power and therefore similar in heat to be eliminated.
0 x
roboc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roboc » 18/10/11, 16:37

Otherwise, I found this type of lighting, but not sure that it was pleasant. The question being: how much does it take to light my room?

http://www.lumitronix.fr/LED-lampes-clairage/LED-panel-ultraslim/Panneau-LED-ultra-mince-blanc-chaud-90-LED-30-x-30cm-18W.html
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/10/11, 17:35

roboc wrote:Otherwise, I found this type of lighting, but not sure that it was pleasant. The question being: how much does it take to light my room?
It depends on the dimensions of the room ...

Basically, you can consider that a panel lights as much as 6 or 7 Xanlite xXx 48 LEDs, but obviously, it is easier to distribute the lighting by spacing the Xanlites ...

It's very pretty (apart from the price : Shock:), but you have to place the power supply (bulky!) somewhere ... and maybe even cool it?
0 x
roboc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roboc » 18/10/11, 18:05

The main room to be lit is made up of two parts: one is 7m by 20m and the other is 3m by 30m.

All this with a 2m20 ceiling. So, I don't know if placing one of these panels in the middle of the room could light it up enough.

This one is cheaper http://www.ledmania.fr/138-dalle-led-sp60x60.html

For food, I think it will cause me less bp. You have to see the size of the connection wires, otherwise, I can free up enough space so that the block does not heat up (well I hope ... or I despair)
Last edited by roboc the 18 / 10 / 11, 18: 18, 3 edited once.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 18/10/11, 18:09

Given the length, I think that a single panel would be insufficient, especially since the height is quite limited.
0 x
roboc
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roboc » 18/10/11, 19:07

Nobody knows ? Except in the offices.

When I look at the photos on the lumitronix site, I find that they add a lot to the m² ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/10/11, 23:52

Read the definition of the units on:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux_%28unit%C3%A9%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux
It all depends on the quality of light desired to do what activity !!!
In direct sunlight we have more than 100000 lux outside !!
In a well-lit room 300 lux
Moderately 100 lux
and to see and read with a little trouble 20 to 50 Lux like I am doing right now !!

The panel considered:
http://www.lumitronix.fr/LED-lampes-cla ... m-18W.html
from 18W to 72Lumen / Watt gives 18x72 = 1296lumen which gives 100lux over 13m2 and 167 lux on average in the second 7,77m2 room, but only 54 lumen in the first of 23,76m2 and therefore a little insufficient unless we don't use only half or a third of the room on a table where you need to see well but not elsewhere ???

In my opinion it works on a panel per room or even 2 if necessary in the large, to see clearly (at least with my old eyes on computer at 40W).

This panel does not heat much because of the large surface area of ​​30 by 30cm for 18W or 200W / m2 which will heat the ceiling from 10 to 20 ° C approximately, depending on natural convection, but it is wrong to say that it does not heat !! !

It does not heat like an incandescent lamp (200 ° C) but a little bit, which means that if you cut the ventilation by convection too much, it will heat enough to reduce the life of these LEDs !!!

The second panel:
http://www.ledmania.fr/138-dalle-led-sp60x60.html
of 60x60cm gives 3500 lumen or 4500 depending on the portion of text, for 60W and therefore spends a little more energy per lumen, but it is much cheaper lumen and can be shorter in real life ?????? ??
On the site the presentation seems less serious than for the first?

You have to see it in operation to be certain that you like light that is sometimes too metallic, white or warm white.
Beware of the cheaper, much poorer quality, which often dies quickly like in a lottery !!!

When I look at the photos on the lumitronix site, I find that they add a lot to the m² ...

They light up a lot to sell more !!
0 x