Question about the operation of an inverter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Question about the operation of an inverter

by Christophe » 14/01/09, 16:50

A little "stupid" question: does an inverter constantly "ripple" the voltage or does it only when the mains voltage is absent?

In other words: when it is not operating on battery, is the grid voltage used directly or is a voltage "processed" by the inverter used?

If nobody knows: is there a simple method to check this?

My question is not innocent, it is to see if we can use an inverter to treat the tension of my future paddle wheel :)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: Question on the operation of an inverter

by Other » 14/01/09, 17:18

Christophe wrote:A little "stupid" question: does an inverter constantly "ripple" the voltage or does it only when the mains voltage is absent?

In other words: when it is not operating on battery, is the grid voltage used directly or is a voltage "processed" by the inverter used?

If nobody knows: is there a simple method to check this?

My question is not innocent, it is to see if we can use an inverter to treat the tension of my future paddle wheel :)

If you are talking about backup systems for computers, the inverter constantly supplies the computer with the sector supplying 12 volts to the inverter and the battery, in this way when the network is cut or boosted, no difference on the computer food ..

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/09, 17:28

Yes I'm talking about this ... I have 2 different models at home.

So according to you "everything" goes through the 12V therefore through the undulation of the inverter?

When the power goes out we can hear a relay trigger... so I assumed there were 2 separate circuits?

According to you therefore a simple solution to check would be to remove the battery: if everything goes through the 12V / battery, a priori without battery the inverter no longer works.

I good?

Here is one of the inverters in question:

Features

* automatic deactivation in the absence of a charge
* supplied with power cable, computer cable and software (Windows 95/98 / NT / 2000 / ME / XP / Linux)
* cold start function
* protection against high / low voltages, overloads and short circuits

Specifications

* input voltage: 155Vac ~ 275Vac (rated 230Vac)
* input frequency: 42Hz ~ 67Hz
* backup capacity: 1.5 ~ 15 minutes, depending on the connected load
* connections: 2 CEE sockets, 1 RJ-11 modular plug for telephone line protection, 1 DB-9 connector for software communication with your PC
* beeping alarm: in case of low battery and overload
* spare battery: UPS600N / SPB
* capacity: 600VA
* Dimensions: 240 108 x x 147mm
* weight: 5kg
* tension adjustment: ± 3%
* indicator: two-color LED

0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 14/01/09, 17:46

Hello

there are 2 types of inverter: off line or on line

the off line supply normally on the sector, in the event of cut or under tension, a relay switches on the undulated voltage

the on line, are active permanently but of a certainly high price

the so-called mainstream models, therefore small power are all off line

jeff
0 x