3G mobile Internet, someone uses? Experience?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 16:16

Uh attention edge = 512 kb / s = 1st generation of adsl at home = 64 kb / s! So it's already very, very good!

From what I understood Edge = suburbs of cities.

Here I am talking about the countryside, the REAL! You know villages of 50 to 100 inhabitants where it still smells of manure (the real not the men ... otherwise it smells stronger in the city at this level! :D :D) ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

What is bizarre is that indicates 7.2 Mbit / s .... in all the cases where I tested!
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 29/09/09, 16:34

yes, but the connection speed between what and what?

if it's between your samsung and the nearest relay antenna, ok, but who tells you that the relay antenna is forwarding at this speed?

It reminds me when we used the ADSL modem directly in ethernet from the PC, the connection was made on a normal network card, the pc therefore indicated ... connected to 100Mb / s !! yes, between the PC and the modem, but then, well ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 16:41

Yes you are right but this is a direct "modem" connection ... so logically that should give the real "effective" speed right?

Hey in the "bush" it should be in Edge precisely ... and therefore not indicate 7.2 Mbit ... well we go!

I would do more in-depth testing ASAP ...
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 29/09/09, 16:53

Here I am talking about the countryside, the REAL! You know villages of 50 to 100 inhabitants where it still smells of manure

Viiii like where I live what : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 16:54

: Oops: : Oops: : Oops:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 29/09/09, 16:59

Ha no, but do not worry, I'm proud of where I live with crazy and wacky people but we are so quiet that I do not envy the people of the city : Mrgreen: even if I love going to town from time to time.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 17:02

Hey don't justify yourself, we're in the same situation !! There are 25-30 houses in our "bled"!

I would have great difficulty returning to live in Strasbourg, the suburbs!

Well, we don't have any breeding directly in the village, it's not bad for the smell and we rarely have the smell of liquid manure ... well it happens
: Cheesy:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 29/09/09, 17:39

Your ultra portable (netbook) is considered to be the best test buy in Belgium, just behind its big brother the N120 with an autonomy between 9 & 10 hours we can say, there is no picture, the netbooks are much more efficient than the "laptops) and with 160Gb hard disks I find it very attractive :P

With the Skype system and an SFR or Neuf subscription, we should be able to call anywhere inexpensively ....

Do you still receive the French network at home? in the woods?

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 17:46

Ah, I didn't know the N120, go and see!

Lietseu wrote:With the Skype system and an SFR or Neuf subscription, we should be able to call anywhere inexpensively ....

Ah no VOIP (+ P2P + newsgroup) are strictly prohibited by the SFR contract (and with the FR competitors it's the same)!

I don't know if it's blocked in software or hardware on their network.

In any case, I don't want to take the risk of a contract cancellation!

Lietseu wrote:Do you still receive the French network at home? in the woods?

Not at all, it's for when you're in France!

Hey better not activate it when you are abroad because it is charged 1 € for 100 kb downloaded !!! Yes, you read that right !!

1 click on forum = 1.5 € approximately !!

I think we should take the Belgacom equivalent in a while ... We will see if it's really useful ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/09, 11:38

Christophe wrote:If you are looking for an ultra portable, do not hesitate, it is the best of the market.

Note: the ASUS N10 NVIDIA version is equipped with a "real" 3D card which largely replaces the Samsung NC10 on 3D and therefore games ...

See table at the end: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4728

Me finally this kind of pc is not "bought" to play!
0 x