If you could enlighten me ...

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
DamienZ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

If you could enlighten me ...

by DamienZ » 31/12/13, 15:29

Here, story that you enlighten me a little on a subject.

I looked for Philips lamps because I want to buy them.

I came across a site that offers a lot of different lamps but what I am looking for are lamps with a rather warm and not cold light. And that when I throw them away is as easily recyclable as possible.

Here is the site: xxxx

Suddenly arrived on the site, I had doubts and I tried to understand but I think the best is still to ask and seeing that the forum seems active ...

Here you are, thanks in advance for your responses !
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 31/12/13, 16:22

As for warm light, take bulbs whose Color Temperature (Kelvin degrees) is less than 3000.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
DamienZ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by DamienZ » 31/12/13, 16:41

Okay, but could someone tell me about the different lamps that Philips presents on the site?

For example the difference between fluorescent tubes or other lamps ...? I know it may be extreme as a question but until then, a bulb remained a bulb for me ... now I want to apply myself to be as ecological as possible starting with my daily consumption :)
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 31/12/13, 17:38

Personally I am a little tired of compact fluorescent that does not last as long as it should. Since then I have replaced it with hallogenic bulbs which consume more but its cheaper to buy, its less polluting: electromagnetic waves, mercury ... the heat, supposedly lost, is recovered during the whole period when I heat the house.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/12/13, 18:12

It's certain, DamienZ, that if you want to save energy, it's not so much in the field of lighting that you have to think and act the most ...

But to stay on the subject, what should be favored, in my opinion, is the longevity of the bulbs and it does not necessarily depend on the operating mode but rather on the quality (or lack thereof!) components and careful assembly.

It is also necessary a lighting adapted to the use: diffuse or directional, instantaneous lighting or not ...

Have a look on the shop of the kind initiator of this forum, you will find a lot of explanations: https://www.econologie.com/shop/
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."