iCelsius: recorder thermometer for iphone / ipad

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

iCelsius: recorder thermometer for iphone / ipad

by kumkat » 01/08/11, 14:54

for geeks of forum : http://www.icelsius.com/

I ordered one, I will follow my boiler to the pants this winter ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/08/11, 17:11

? does it have to stay connected to save?

For 65 euros, you have mini autonomous humidity / temperature recorders that can be read by USB

https://www.econologie.com/shop/enregist ... p-192.html
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 01/08/11, 17:17

yes the sensor must remain connected, because this is only a sensor to connect, the app is free (still happy) and runs on the phone
I like the idea because it avoids having to use batteries or use
a new device with charger etc
other functions for the app are coming within 2 months according to the seller
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/08/11, 18:32

Mowed like an elephant: 32 $ just the tube probe it looks like a Geeks trap ! IPhone marketing is beautiful ...

For less than 10 €, you have a probe, the display, the humidity and the ambient temperature: https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermome ... p-135.html

But I'm sure cool programs will come out ... but hey ...
Last edited by Christophe the 02 / 08 / 11, 20: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/08/11, 22:38

it will be convenient to have to call next to the boiler : Cheesy:
Or how to reinvent the landline phone (re : Cheesy: )

+1 for standalone recorder (I even developed one that records to SD card)
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 02/08/11, 08:21

Christophe wrote:Mowed like an elephant: 32 $ just the tube probe it looks like a Geeks trap ! IPhone marketing is beautiful ...

For less than 10 €, you have a probe, the display, the humidity and the ambient temperature: https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermome ... p-135.html

But I'm sure cool programs will come out ... but hey ...

I read € 69 on your link not less than € 10 ...
And yes it is for the geks I had mentioned so it is not a find!
Stop taking yourself so seriously, that's why ecology does not take off in France, those who know take themselves seriously, giving way to those who make money!
In ecology there are not only the tables of the green law but also the pleasure! Without pleasure we will never achieve anything with the masses!
As for my simple sensor, I am not sure that the overall gray energy balance is much worse than your autonomous sensors (house or not, even if I have great respect for this first case).
In my case the phone does not count (I know you) I have already had it for a long time, I only graft a sensor on it and only when I need it for bad tongues. If we take all the parts of a stand-alone sensor with lots of different manufacturers from the other side of the world, I'm not sure the results are much greener. Finally, in my humble opinion the use that will be made of the object counts as much as the object itself. In my case, optimizing the heating cycles of my boiler to consume less, both for the financial and energy costs I think that the account is ultimately there, so what is the problem? the symbolism of the object? stop taking yourself for the holders of the fucking knowledge! smile at life! anything that tends to raise the negawatts is good to take whether it is "hyper green" or not, as long as we are going in the right direction ...
And then my sensor is one meter long ... those who would like to know their stomach temperature are welcome! we lean forward and we cough! :-)
Have a good day ... green!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 02/08/11, 09:46

This kind of accessory is made to take punctual measurements (your rectal temperature if you want ...)
Not to save for the long term.

How are you going to record the temperature of your boiler when you are not at home? you leave your iphone on the boiler and you buy another phone?
Really practical!
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 02/08/11, 09:53

if you are looking for the little beast you will always find one, me the punctual it suits me and then the temp of my boiler when I am not at home I do not care a little ... I do not claim that this toy pour geek is the one and only usable solution, but one among many! I broadcast for those who are interested, not for those who prefer something else ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/11, 20:27

kumkat wrote:I read € 69 on your link not less than € 10 ...

Sorry, copy and paste, it was obviously this product that I was aiming for: https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermome ... p-135.html (product fairly easy to find by following the link eroded since in the same category of products: Measuring and Diagnostic Devices Energy, Electricity and Environment )

I edited my post ...

kumkat wrote:Stop taking yourself so seriously, that's why ecology does not take off in France, those who know take themselves seriously, giving way to those who make money!
In ecology there are not only the tables of the green law but also the pleasure! Without pleasure we will never achieve anything with the masses!

Agree on the principle / substance, not at all agree on the application to this example.

Where's the fun? Where's the ecology?

I do not see where is the pleasure of buying a probe 30 € (you had to work to earn this amount, therefore pollute) when it is not worth more than 5 € ... except, to bounce on the idea of Forhorse, if we like figurative rectal pleasure (dry without petroleum jelly if you know what I mean) !! : Mrgreen:

There is not too serious in there, just common sense ...
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 02/08/11, 21:35

But remove the batteries! Or is it nuclear?
I am happy to buy this stuff!
Do you have an argument against that?
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"