How to test a machine Leroy Somer DC LSC 132 J

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 10/08/10, 14:40

chatelot 16 wrote
how long will you wait before trying to reverse 2 son?

should it be reversed that l if I understand correctly?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/08/10, 16:50

chatelot 16 wrote
Quote:
how long will you wait before trying to reverse 2 son?

should it be reversed that l if I understand correctly?

It is necessary to reverse the direction of the magnetic field created by the shunt and therefore reverse the direction of the current in the shunt creating this field, and therefore reverse the plus and minus connections on the shunt which receives the current with the armature voltage.
The remanent field without rotation, creates a tension at the start of priming on the armature, which sends a current in the shunt which creates a magnetic field which adds or opposes the remanent field and therefore either increases or decreases the tension on the armature created by the remanent field.
So just swap the connections of armature on shunt (or have crossed or not on your photo !!.
I hope it's clearer and that you understand how it works?
Chatelot16 predicts that one of the configurations will work on its own!
I am worried about an improbable but annoying lack of luck, demagnetized engine.
Otherwise the direction of rotation does not matter, a priori.

Finally before changing the multimeter, change the battery with a new one !!

cross the wires in the photo:
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... kIMAGv.JPG
0 x
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 10/08/10, 19:00

here I send you my last test rather concluding with actually crossing the wire
the induced voltage is 180 V with an approximate rotation of 1100 rpm
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... DFmSCx.JPG
we will now have to measure the amperage
I am worried about an improbable but annoying lack of luck, demagnetized engine.

phew !! it scares me
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/08/10, 19:39

After many explanations, finally it works!
The amperage will be there if the drill that turns is powerful enough: 14A requires 3KW.
There may be sparks on the brooms.
The improbable has become false !!!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/08/10, 19:58

I must correct what I said at the start! cross or not the connection of the excitation does not depend on the remanent induction but only on the direction of rotation

depending on the direction of the remanent induction it will reverse the + and the -, but it will not require changing the connection

if the connection is contrary to the direction of rotation, whatever the direction of the magnetization the current produced is opposed to it and it makes a derisory tension

for a DC machine with a collector and carbon a very weak magnetization is always sufficient, there is no minimum voltage

it is for alternators with diodes that it can have ignition difficulties if the voltage is lower than the threshold of the diodes
0 x
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 10/08/10, 20:06

close to many explanations, finally it works!

and thanks to your patience and knowledge
in any case for me it was an exciting initiation
thanks to you i won't risk leaving this forum full of topics and ideas
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/08/10, 20:06

I'm afraid for your battery charger! he won't like the hundred volts

the blow of the battery charger is to make an independent excitation: battery charger only on the excitation winding, and no connection to the rotor

with an independent excitation it works in both directions of rotation, by making tension + or -
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 10/08/10, 20:22

chatelot16 wrote:I'm afraid for your battery charger! he won't like the hundred volts

the blow of the battery charger is to make an independent excitation: battery charger only on the excitation winding, and no connection to the rotor

with an independent excitation it works in both directions of rotation, by making tension + or -

The charger cannot be affected because the diode bridge protects it from voltage return!

The excitation starts and continues by itself, you should put an incandescent light on terminals 1 and 2 and see if it holds the voltage!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 10/08/10, 20:40

chatelot 16 writes

we can consider that the test is good in the sense that the generator works ... but if I take the charger and put a battery in place is there also a risk? should you install a load distributor?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 10/08/10, 20:49

primodvd wrote:chatelot 16 writes

we can consider that the test is good in the sense that the generator works ... but if I take the charger and put a battery in place is there also a risk? should you install a load distributor?

Yes there is a risk because there are no diodes to prevent the return of current to the battery, on the other hand you can put a diode in series to protect it!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain