How to test a machine Leroy Somer DC LSC 132 J

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/08/10, 11:52

dedeleco wrote:
I did a quick coupling test with some wires I did not have time to get the right connectors
however in low voltage 1100tr / mm with a drill I get 1,50 vol

Logic, since the voltage is proportional to the current in the excitation (in series, the same current as in the armature) and thus by measuring the empty voltage of the empty dynamo which discharges on nothing, without this current of excitement, we get almost nothing (residual field or residual) !!

I advise to apply the advice:
an interresting solution is to connect the excitement on a battery: it behaves like a permanent magnet motor

with a rheostat in series to get the typical excitation current (0,14A) by measuring before the resistance of the shunt excitation and series, not to stay in the shoe polish and to understand the courses and basic links that I indicated !!! !!

that's what I say the winding exitation serie is worth nothing for a dynamo alone: ​​there would be exitation if there is current output!

the shunt excitation winding must be used: it is powered by the voltage generated by the rotor whatever the current consumed by the load

of course without regulator the output voltage will drop when the current will increase, we can use in addition the series winding so that the increase of the output current makes an additional exitation: it is old principle that allowed to dispense with electronic regulator

1 rheostat in series with shunt winding to regulate voltage
1 rheostat in parallel with the series winding to regulate the efficiency of the current compensation

but for a test does not break the head puts the shunt winding in parallel on the rotor is it will go off thoroughly and make trouble the drill that rotates

tries the 2 sense of branching, only one of 2 agrees with remanent induction

in the exceptional case where it is completely demagnetized plugs any source of direct current su excitement shunt: battery or charger of battery
0 x
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 06/08/10, 18:16

it going
but for a test does not break the head puts the shunt winding in parallel on the rotor is it will go off thoroughly and make trouble the drill that rotates

turning at 500tr / mn the generator has output 6,5 DC volt
is not it? :?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/08/10, 20:31

it going
Quote:

turning at 500tr / mn the generator has output 6,5 DC volt
it is not no

It is better to understand the functioning by having characterized the components, otherwise problem!
The current in the shunt is proportional to the voltage in the armature itself proportional to this current plus the remanent field multiplied by the speed of rotation !!
So the voltage is determined by the remnant field, so try by swapping the induced shunt wires to see if it is in the best sense.
Otherwise, power the shunt by a fixed independent source after measuring the resistance of the windings to not stay in the shoe!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/08/10, 20:56

6.5v for a gegene 220v it's not glorious

try to cross your thread

220v is the voltage that it does with a regulating rheostat, exited live it does more

of course 500tm is 3 times less than 1500 but much more than 6.5v
0 x
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 06/08/10, 20:58

I will try tomorrow shunt induced permutation (2-9 1-12)
on the other hand measure the resistances of the coils I do not see how to do
when you talk about "staying in the shoe polish" you think of the danger of electrocution !!!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/08/10, 22:19

on the other hand measure the resistances of the coils I do not see how to do
when you talk about "staying in the shoe polish" you think of the danger of electrocution !!!

We measure the resistance with a multimeter (not expensive in the supermarket) on the Ohms range rather base 2Kohms for example by connecting the plugs of the multimeter on the ends of the coil!
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multim%C3%A8tre
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohmm%C3%A8tre
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9sis ... t%C3%A9%29
user manual to read and to assimilate with the links already given on the dynamo motors!
http://www.ideesmaison.com/Bricolage/El ... metre.html
http://fr.wikibooks.org/wiki/Utilisatio ... m%C3%A8tre
A mini multimeter to 7 €:
conrad.fr/multimetre_numerique_vc_11_p_53207_53646_855485_686575_FAS
So we can know if the winding is dead cut (infinite, more megaohm, after overvoltage, like lightning) or short-circuited with resistance too low (melted insulation or burnt, some ohms or less) and therefore not to remain perpetually in the shoe polish (or without reference which lights the lantern) with a dead engine without never knowing it !!!
Similarly it is good to measure the inductance vacuum (multimeter more expensive) to identify after learning the basic course on a motor (inductance = voltage induced by a change in current of A unit per second!).
By having these measurements and understood the basic course one does not remain in the shoe polish and one solves the problem.
Prices have fallen a lot 50 € even with inductance measure!
conrad.fr/webapps/multimetre_fl112.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/08/10, 10:40

practically the resistance of the rotor and the series winding are very low: the single ohmetre gives almost zero and the measure is useless

to make a real measurement it is necessary to send a stronger current, with a charger of battery for example and to measure at the same time current and tension, and to do the computation

the shunt coil has a larger resistance easy to measure with any ohmetre
0 x
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 07/08/10, 15:41

Well, here we are, I can not wait. I'm in the shoe industry ...
my basics in electro are too limited I make the effort to consult the links that you let me help me but it is not enough ... I am ashamed

:?
I did a test with a battery charger ... it slowly turned the machine and I release output 5 V .... then by putting my 500 rpm it is added 4 V more
so a worse result with excitement :frown: that without
0 x
PrimoDVD
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by PrimoDVD » 07/08/10, 15:52

to really help me could you use the plate photo you have on this discussion
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... Ikgyl6.JPG
and m indicate with the figures the connections that you seem feasible
thank you
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/08/10, 15:59

speak french: when you plug in the battery charger ca turns the machine? or it makes it turn slower by braking it when you try to make it run faster

when I tell you to power the shunt coil by a battery charger, it's by disconnecting it from the rotor: it will allow you to see in which direction you have to send the excitation current to add to the remanent magnetization instead of opposing

if the 12v of a battery charger has to run a 220v machine it is proof that it is in good condition! without abnormal loss!
0 x