Hot water without tank it works?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
nicklavoie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hot water without tank it works?

by nicklavoie » 29/01/08, 20:08

Good morning all !

I wanted to know if anyone has a tankless water heater (electric)?

Does it really work for a complete house: shower, fill a bath (50 gallons), washer, dishwasher?

example of product I was looking at:
Niagara Titan SCR-4 gives 5 GPM.

Thanks in advance for the info !!! :)

Nick
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 29/01/08, 20:36

Definitely, after the Belgians, here are the Quebecers who join us. Nice no!
Well I guess you mean an instant water heater in which an electrical resistance heats the water as soon as you turn on the tap. So I do not know your Niagara (unfortunately we are not in Quebec) but I had the opportunity to be rented in an accommodation where there was that at the sink. It was a box of 20 cm x 10 cm x 7cm thick and it was just enough for the sink (the water pipe which passed in the box in the middle of the resistance was about 6 to 8 mm in diameter) .
So I can tell you that it worked but beyond providing hot water for an entire house, surely not. But it may depend on the device and here in Europe we don't have the same products as you do.

Maybe André or MethodTack can answer you, they are also from Quebec.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 30/01/08, 01:59

Hello

the system has existed for many years but not as widespread in homes as Cascade 60gallon tanks

the model is compact the water passes in elements of 12 kw
in single phase on the 220volt this requires a power supply of 50 amperes dedicated only for this device, if we allocate a 50amps for cooking another 60 amperes for heating there is more for lighting, the dryer to go and flip the 200ampers normalized in our houses, after the entries are 400amperes (there are no intermediates)

So having a source of 50 amps to power this device which will supply around 6 liters of water at 60c per minute, I don't know the lifespan of these devices, a 4500w 60gallons water tank in average 15 years costs around $ 320

Andre
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 31/01/08, 21:24

I personally discovered this mode of heating water in Ireland in 2000. You could shower with no problem.

In France this system is obsolete because of EDF's pricing policy, indeed a very high subscription is required to have more than 45A.

And so the cumulus flowers bloom !!!!

A + all
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/02/08, 00:11

Of course it exists!

It is the small gas water heater screwed to the wall that turns on the gas as soon as you turn on the hot water tap ... With the small pilot which is used for priming.

This avoids having a large tank.

@+
0 x