HP2840 horizontal traces after changing toner discount

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

HP2840 horizontal traces after changing toner discount

by Christophe » 26/09/15, 15:19

I just changed the black toner of my HP2840 laser printer.

For the first time I tested a "discount" TONER (1 € VS 20 € at HP) ...
purchased on Amazon from "Color Direct" reference H3960KRU equivalent to Q3960A from HP. (seen from the outside the toner looks 100% ok)

I have since this change, and despite 4 "cleanings" regular horizontal lines on all prints.

Here is a picture of the problem:

I contacted Color Direct this morning to let them know of the concern. They answered me very quickly (good point) but in a "sinofranglais" of (I translate eh lol):
a) check if I had installed correctly (uh ... lol)
b) turn the printer off and on again (= already done many times since I installed the toner last week)
c) deposit the toner and give it a gentle "shake" (= ok done but that doesn't change anything ...)
d) reinstall the toner (= ok done but that doesn't change anything ...)

Has anyone had similar concerns with "OEM" toner on a laser printer? A solution before spoiling them in customer comments? : Cheesy:

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/15, 15:25

Little info: the difference in mass between an empty HP toner and this new toner is around 60 grams (which gives an idea of ​​the mass of printing "powder"). This is 10% of the total weight of new toner (= 600 g)

Anyone have an idea of ​​the original HP toner charge?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 27/09/15, 09:58

I only have samsung, I can't help you on the weight.

No particular skill in laser printing, but for the line problems, I have a hypothesis (probably totally false but I see that)
the toner applicator roller is bent and / or goes badly, and once per turn it jams slightly, which by friction "wipes" the electrostatic charge from the drum and gives it toner. hence the black line with regular space.
it's probably totally crazy, but I see that.
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 29/09/15, 15:11

to try, whenever ...:
take the toner powder at 20 € and put it in the toner at 80 €

taking all the usual precautions, do not inhale, funnel mask gloves and all the tintouin
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/15, 15:18

Ah yes not con Superform ... provided that:

a) this is possible without breaking everything down, have you already done so?
b) the "HP chip" of the old toner (which therefore considers the toner empty) accepts this kind of manipulation ...

Anyway, I don't know if it's worth taking the risk ...

Otherwise some copies start to be less marked than others, otherwise the lines tend to fade ... so I have a little hope therefore that they will disappear completely after a few hundred pages ...

To be continued...

ps: Forhorse, I re-checked after your remark but the toner roller seems to be ok ... (after I did not measure in metrology mode ...)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/09/15, 15:25

It happened to us at taff and we had to replace a part (I think at the time they called it an oven)
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/15, 15:58

Uh don't tell me that this discount toner has screwed up another part of the printer (which has been running since 2006 without problems!) ???
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 30/09/15, 08:40

I don't know ..... but from memory to my taff we had helped out by transferring toner cans from the previous machine when it happened to us ....
On domestic inkjet ... Discount cartridges ... I gave. dead printer ... The cartridge emptied all alone foutout everywhere ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 30/09/15, 09:04

Christophe wrote:Ah yes not con Superform ... provided that:

a) this is possible without breaking everything down, have you already done so?
b) the "HP chip" of the old toner (which therefore considers the toner empty) accepts this kind of manipulation ...

Anyway, I don't know if it's worth taking the risk ...

yes I did, but not on HP. I do it on my brother, with recycled toner. The brother has a simple handling to continue printing the same empty toner, and the recovery toner is also brother toner which remains when the clients' printers are idle.

Little info by the way, at brother there is a type of toner per printer, but if we stay in the same range, the only differences between the toner are polarized on the bottom. We remove the polarizers, and it works.

to refill the toner:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12iri ... idges_tech
to reset the toner:
http://www.freshinkjets.net/hp/color-to ... -2840.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/09/15, 12:46

Thanks for the info, I'll try this :)

I'm still waiting 1 week to see if (miraculously) it improves ...

Then in the story, if the after-sales service is nice, I might have a free toner :)
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"