Hidden consumption washing machine

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Consumption hidden washing machine

by Leo Maximus » 11/12/22, 13:33

izentrop wrote:You need what you need to make precise measurements at low power with a dual-channel oscilloscope: https://www.chauvin-arnoux.com/sites/de ... ce_ed1.pdf

Very well thank you. The Metrix OX7104 has an insulated box, it is a spectrum analyzer but 3500 euros! (In truth, it is not so expensive considering the possibilities).

The signal must be purely sinusoidal otherwise the measurements are erroneous, but my oscilloscope shows a signal that is rather triangular and very rich in "parasites" which are added to its own harmonics. As a result, power factor measurements are necessarily very approximate.

In short, even if the savings made over 25 years is only €2000 instead of the calculated €4000, I did well to unplug or cut!
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/22, 13:38

An old disk counter is less expensive! : Mrgreen:

Since in the end what interests people is billable metering...

I'm wrong?
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/12/22, 17:44

THE CHINESE make a double track with all the accessories for less than 90 rorrros https://m.tomtop.com/fr/p-e16640.html?c ... kLEALw_wcB
Otherwise I recovered a disc counter that I graduated. HE serves as a reference for Me.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/12/22, 17:55

Christophe wrote:An old disk counter is less expensive! : Mrgreen:

Since in the end what interests people is billable metering...

I'm wrong?

Not understood... Most often, a "hidden" consumption comes in addition to another "non-hidden" consumption, right? A fridge, a light bulb, a TV or a working PC,...
Knowing its intrinsic value is certainly interesting, but if the counter ""turns", it will record the "hidden" and the "unhidden", which will be billable.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/22, 18:41

Not understood ? Simple?

The idea is to make a meter on socket with an old meter (it also works with electronic meters but it is certainly more difficult and more expensive to find...although...)

So instead of buying gear at X000€ to measure ridiculous consumption...just get an old disk meter and wire it via power strip to the devices in question...and estimate consumption on standby like that !

I got one a few years ago for 30€ from memory...
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/12/22, 18:54

Christophe wrote:Not understood ? Simple?

The idea is to make a meter on socket with an old meter (it also works with electronic meters but it is certainly more difficult and more expensive to find...although...)

So instead of buying gear at X000€ to measure ridiculous consumption...just get an old disk meter and wire it via power strip to the devices in question...and estimate consumption on standby like that !

No problem, I didn't understand... I thought your "non-billable" was linked to too low a consumption to drive the disk of an "old" meter.
No idea of ​​the accuracy of an "old" counter on a consumption of a few W... And to be honest, it doesn't prevent me from sleeping.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/22, 18:56

30W in each household in France = 1 nuclear reactor... this should interest you, the "network pro"... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

And blah blah... In this case, recover non-communicating electronics... the models before the Linky (Siemens for example)... because I don't think you can connect a linky like that as a "pirate"...

Disc counters are, by design, rather very precise...(some more than others...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/22, 19:08

Christophe wrote:Not understood ? Simple?

There are electronics at 25 € ... https://www.leboncoin.fr/recherche?text=compteur%20edf

Well gosh, you can even find disc meters for less than 35€ on Amazon:

Well almost :

Refurbished, not certified - Nominal voltage: 230 V~, 10 A max, not calibrated, with intermediate plug
For mobile consumer Max. 16 A - Not approved for invoicing

: Mrgreen:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 11/12/22, 19:29

Very good idea. An old disk meter will measure in VA, it will give an accurate apparent power measurement of standby consumption. But it's already very good.

The Linky has changed the game since it takes into account the power factor.

Now you have to find a Linky at 30€... in order to compare :D

Personally, I did not notice any increase in consumption with the Linky. It would even be rather low...

A note: The sector is 230 volts today. The old meters are in 220.
The blue meter is 3,6 Wh per revolution for 220 volts 50 Hz. I had already noticed that it was spinning a little then when the household appliances were on standby. And it was still spinning a bit even though all the plugs had been unplugged, so there were electrical leaks even though the installation was new.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/12/22, 21:49

Leo Maximus wrote:An old disk meter will measure in VA
Not in kWh.
Mine measures 4 Wh/lap. Currently connected to my heat pump, it completes one revolution in 10 seconds, which corresponds to a power of 1440 W.
It is the linky which gives the apparent power. The power can be measured by monitoring the flashing of the front LED which corresponds to one Wh per flash.
Leo Maximus wrote:The Linky has changed the game since it takes into account the power factor.
You're sure ?
A note: The sector is 230 volts today. The old meters are in 220.
It doesn't matter, for the same power, there is less current flowing, it doesn't change anything for the customer. With ENRs, the voltage varies all the time.
And it was still spinning a bit even though all the plugs had been unplugged, so there were electrical leaks even though the installation was new.
VMC, DHW, heating (circulator), infrared detectors ... there are still consumers not connected to sockets.
1 x