Will Google (the search engine) go crazy? Drop in relevance!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Re: Does Google (the search engine) go crazy? Drop in relevance!

by Christophe » 02/11/16, 10:16

So here's the conclusion: Gogole 1er is really kidding and it does not seem to worry many people (except us ...)!

It seems global ... and ... I've never seen a press article talk about it in the geek press (Wtf ???? !!! ??? it's still their hunt) or anywhere else. ..

For Booleans there is a "new" one: the fact of putting only one word between "" will give it more importance - a little complicated to explain, to make tests to understand ...

Freindly use you say? I would say rather: Feindly User !!! !!

(Word game with Feind in German ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/16, 10:32

Terremoto wrote:New and scary!

And in English that gives what to the fact? Could you do some testing please? As you are in a "google which can be English speaking" ...

Also as you say: the regionalization of results is .... pfff of big anything!

Why are there differences on generic and scientific French research (without any geographical connotation therefore) between Wallonia, French-speaking Switzerland and France ???

Is a Belgian equation different from a Swiss ??? : Shock:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/16, 11:55

I just wrote a short story about this: https://www.econologie.com/referencement ... r-feindly/

To relay if you agree!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/16, 12:33

In fact if we think a little: the user of 2016 uses less and less the search engines to surf, he becomes more and more "passive", it is the information which comes to him!

This via the news (targeted most of the time ... compared to previous interests) and social networks (the internal search engine in facebook is a monstrous shit) or the news "scroll" automatically ...

Targeting (if it becomes omnipresent and systematic) can lead to a certain form of stupefaction and closed-mindedness: also valid in VOD (video on demand: we no longer zap something that could teach us new things. ... we stay "in our world of interest")
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/11/16, 14:19

gogol is only presenting what is available on the net without judging the quality ... the number of site saying anything anyhow increases the number of response anything can only increase too

to do better than google we should consider the quality ... but who will judge? any judgment is subjective

so to use google it must be tricky! add words to research to specify the style of what you are looking for

you must also look for a computer without cookie and without history, not to be confined to what we usually find
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/11/16, 21:29

Without judging the quality? Do you really think what you're saying?

Because judging the quality in the ranking of pages is precisely the foundation of a good "intelligent" search engine !! What Google seems to have been and it is less and less ... See the examples above!

It is this loss of quality that is evoked here ... and criticized!

When we hit Cz K8 Wing and we get a bank ... I think it's lamentable ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/11/16, 12:58

you did not understand what I think!

what is the main quality of a web page? to bring interesting scientific content? or make money making money with advertising?

when gogol needed to make his place he favored the interresting content, he was trying to be a good search engine ... now that he has the dominant position he can do what he wants

the one who is not happy has only to do another search engine but the task is so huge that gogol will keep his monople long
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 03/11/16, 13:47

Christophe wrote:When we hit Cz K8 Wing and we get a bank ... I think it's lamentable ...
Google estimates (given the number of results :?: ) that you may have made a mistake in your query and it also searches for "Cz Ile K8".

It clearly indicates this at the start of the results page and you just have to click on the "Search only" link. Cz Wing K8"to get the answers you're looking for first.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 03/11/16, 15:23

Christophe wrote:In fact if we think a little: the user of 2016 uses less and less the search engines to surf, he becomes more and more "passive", it is the information which comes to him!
Targeting (if it becomes omnipresent and systematic) can lead to a certain form of stupefaction and closed-mindedness: also valid in VOD (video on demand: we no longer zap something that could teach us new things. ... we stay "in our world of interest")

Google has recently changed its operation and has also posted a new "contract to accept" by the user (I had this page on my google account a few weeks ago).

Basically, he asks to accept the fact that Google captures and analyzes more personal data, especially browsing habits to offer more targeted ads. All of this is presented in the "interest of the Internet user", namely that Google offers him information adapted to his profile and his browsing habits ... But don't be fooled, it is more a question of finer and more in-depth commercial targeting to better sell advertising space to advertisers.

It's not exactly, as you say Christophe, L 'Internet user who is becoming more and more "passive", but rather that Google tries to make it PASSIVE and permeable to ads; in the end the result is the same, but there is a nuance!

It is close to the statement of the CEO of a large French TV channel (P.Lelay) who said: "The viewer's brain must be available. Our programs are intended (...) to entertain them, to relax it to prepare it between two messages ... from a business perspective. What we sell at Coca-Cola is free human brain time. "

In short, we are still out of this commodification of everything and everything!

Edit: Example of analysis of Google request and its response adapted to my profile: I typed in the input window "Angling", and the first search engine results are fishing games for children ! ... Yes, I have young children and my specific research on children's topics has had a positive impact on my profile in Google's targeted files!
angling.jpg
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 03/11/16, 16:45

Hello
Google it's been awhile since it's become a horror
I advise you other browsers who do the job without having a wire to the paw : Twisted:
The list of these engines really without influence of the Google engine
Or you have the choice to choose by themes: Photos, Music, News, etc .....
To your good heart
another example
My darling
the list for curious Not all are
HTTPS is an objective for Google if not HTTPS> soon ignore
0 x
Without Exhausting draw