Google Scholar, google certified ... or almost

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Google Scholar, google certified ... or almost

by Christophe » 14/11/07, 00:12

As you probably all know, Google is a fully robotic engine. This is what makes its power ... but also a fairly serious design gap: very bad pages can appear in the 1st results (we had the recent case with the word "pantone" ...) .

To remedy this, Google is developing a Google Scholar whose pages are "certified" ... but I do not yet know by what exact method ...

Test it here: http://scholar.google.fr/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/07, 10:15

Finally I don't know if this thing is very relevant ...

Indeed; with the word "pantone engine" the only doc that appears (other than Chinese) is the pantone patent ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/11/07, 13:00

I just tried, it is not convincing indeed.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 14/11/07, 14:02

Google Scholar is dedicated (and fucked up) to the publication of scientific articles (hence scholar), I don't think it is well suited to research in general.

On the other hand I have spas noticed that it puts certified, actually certify to what? I doubt that the entries are manual even if only to classify and correctly extract the names of the different authors. Or even search for articles with similar concepts, even if the vocabulary is different.
0 x