Full of electronic fixtures / energy savings

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Full of electronic fixtures / energy savings

by davidex » 15/01/08, 23:11

Hello,
FYI, the January 2008 issue of Elektor offers lots of easy and cheap electronic montages and articles on topics related to econology:

- 2,8 liters per 100 km on Toyota Prius: Explanations to design an assembly allowing to descend to 2,8l / 100 using E-blocks and Flowcode on a Toyota Prius !!!

- Economic lamp ballast (low consumption bulbs)

- CO² meter

- Practical tests of energy meters.

- Wireless energy transmission: Myth or reality?

- Anti-standby switch: Very interesting installation! This switch detects if consumption falls below an adjustable threshold, and the internal (bistable) relay cuts off the mains output (except for supplying said system).
All the devices connected to this system therefore actually turn off, and turn on by infrared detection.
On the other hand, it reacts to a press of an infrared remote control button and - without the user's knowledge - powers the devices to be monitored and the monitoring circuit at the same time.
The consumption of this device varies between 150 and 480 milliWatts, transformer included. (indeed, the transformers show no-load losses of 100 to 400mW).

If there are electronics engineers in the forum who want to get down to it, it could be nice to get together, because there are components to manufacture (the transformer) and to program (the ATTiny25-10V).

David.
0 x
- Audacious Fortuna Juvat -
Supertux
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Supertux » 17/01/08, 08:31

Yes, the Elektor from January 2008 is pretty good, besides I usually read it in the library, whereas this one I bought it : Lol:

Some details :

- 2,8 liters per 100 km on Toyota Prius: Explanations to design an assembly allowing to descend to 2,8l / 100 using E-blocks and Flowcode on a Toyota Prius !!!

But by cheating: the batteries added in the trunk are loaded on sector ...

- Wireless energy transmission: Myth or reality?

With induction transfer, the yield is poor. In their article they say their 400W cliff to light a 10W bulb whose two copper coils are spaced less than 5cm.

By cons in Instantaneous Technique this quarter (with lots of briefs on sustainable development, read also), they talk about another technique with good performance (ask me not to explain the principle!) And which could be used on trains.

- Anti-standby switch: Very interesting installation!

Excellent editing, I confirm. I am actually trying to make a simplified version that would be cheaper.

and to program (the ATTiny25-10V)

AVR can be programmed very easily with a dongle on parallel port which costs less than 5 euros to build.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/08, 10:12

The CO2 electronic meter?

What is it?
0 x
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davidex » 17/01/08, 15:39

Christophe wrote:The CO2 electronic meter?
What is it?

The characteristics of the assembly:
- Measures the concentration of CO² in the air for monitoring the environment of a room.
- Insensitive to other gases and to variations in temperature and humidity.
- CO² measurement ranges: approximately 400 ppm (Fresh air) to 4.000 ppm (CO² concentration of 0,04 to 4%).
- Switching output 230V / 10A for ventilation control with 4 configurable limit CO² values.
- Switching output 230V / 10A for alarm in case of error or emergency ventilation.
- Digital and analog display of the measured value on the LCD display
- Trend indication.
- No adjustment, automatic calibration.
- Easy power supply by AC adapter.

David.
0 x
- Audacious Fortuna Juvat -

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"