End of free internet for all? Towards access to the map?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 22/07/11, 21:00

Beautymist wrote:super disturbing, that ... I'm surprised that there are no more reactions than that to your post, christophe, it may come ...

I re-tweet!

BM

Must still be simple to confuse net neutrality free internet.

Because transbahutter a film of several GigaOctest it still costs energy in servers and routers .....

When we think that Google had evaluated the energy consumption of a simple request, then a film of a few GB, I dare not imagine.
The business model with advertising, my eye.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/11, 22:23

moinsdewatt wrote:When we think that Google had evaluated the energy consumption of a simple request, then a film of a few GB, I dare not imagine.

You can't compare on bandwidth only !!

What costs Google is storage, according to the latest news, Google has more than 500 servers ...

In comparison, Facebook is "barely" at 50 - 60 if the server / member ratio is constant: http://www.itespresso.fr/facebook-a-tri ... 31962.html

According to the vice president in charge of technologies at Facebook, the company must manage 30 servers for 000 million members.

moinsdewatt wrote:The business model with advertising, my eye.

Don't agree, do you have any web projects under your belt to decide this?

Advertising self-financing can work ... Free paper newspapers self-financed by 20-minute advertising style (website included, the 20-minute one often includes interesting articles), does that ring a bell?

And TF1 and M6 (and all the other private channels in the world without subscriptions), how do they work?

Who confuses neutrality and gratuitousness? Obviously it's linked !!
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 23/07/11, 12:18

Christophe wrote: ...
Advertising self-financing can work ... Free paper newspapers, self-financed by advertising style 20 minutes (website included, that of 20 minutes often includes interesting articles), does that ring a bell? ...

Well!

Free paper newspapers are very poor. I don't take them anymore.

20 minutes.fr I never go there again. A lead so that it loads km of useless pages.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/07/11, 21:08

a) disagree, the content of some articles of 20 min (internet version) are particularly interesting and the analysis fine (nothing to do with the copy / paste of the dispatches made without any analysis in some other newspapers). It suprised me...

b) Because you find that the news from TF1 or FR2 is not empty?

Example: the opening on various facts (1 disappearance, 1 murder ...) is frequent, yesterday the Tour de France passes before the attacks of Oslo on FR2 ... : Shock:
0 x