Electricity: reliability of EDF consumption meters?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/09/08, 23:08

Christopher said:

In terms of figures: in 17 months, we consumed 3960 kWh or 232 kWh per month or 7,8 kWh per day. It is ultimately not bad considering the fact that we work at home on the net (so 2 ​​PCs to power) ...

It is quite average.

Having said that, I am surprised by your debate; I published on the front page of the debate a list of the usual drinks and you did not take it into account: it was nevertheless quite complete. What good is it for Ducros to do his best there ??? : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/08, 23:11

Well simply because ... I don't know damn anything !! Nah actually I was lazy ... sorry :)

But you will quickly forgive me: we have three PM230 in "production" for months: 1 on the freezer, 1 on my pc and 1 on Christine's pc (+ a fourth on the solar pump)

It's time to move them around and give a little debriefing!

Tomorrow I hope if I find the time!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/09/08, 23:17

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:There is just one point that I do not know, it is the distribution of the VAT at 5.5 and at 19.6 on the TLE ... But in short, it works roughly taking 20/80.

Image[...]
As explained by recuperation, we pay local taxes on electricity (TLE), on which the state recovers VAT.
The problem is that part of this VAT on TLE is at 5.5% and another part at 19.6% and I don't know the exact ratio, so it bothered me a bit for my spreadsheet.

What I wanted to show is that the purely "energy" part of the bill only represents 60% of the bill ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/09/08, 22:47

you are absolutely right: transport and local taxes represent around 50%. I invite you to see a Belgian example (Charleroi region - it varies from one corner to another), you will quickly understand everything:

http://quality-air.be/prixkilowatt.htm

(That said, it is normal that these people are paid, but that explains in particular why the resale of Kw in large quantities is apparently poorly paid.)

When you change your electricity "supplier", the base price per Kw changes, but not the rest.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 07/09/08, 06:45

Hello

In terms of figures: in 17 months, we consumed 3960 kWh or 232 kWh per month or 7,8 kWh per day. It is ultimately not bad considering the fact that we work at home on the net (so 2 ​​PCs to power) ...

Nobody would believe you in Quebec 3960 kw in 17 months ?? and you complain?
this is the normal consumption of a house in 1 winter month
We have a long way to go to adjust ...
I try to follow the thread of the discussion, a world separates us on the electricity consumption and I wonder how is it possible to operate the electric devices with such low consumption, only the hot water tank 200 liters, the stove , electric and if we add electric heating in winter? the clothes dryer.

My bill
for 55 days in autumn 3370kw = $ 262
for 65 days in winter 7480 kw
for the year 25850kw = 1995 $
the 4 winter months are 50% of the bill
It is considered as a rational consumption I work with a geothermal heat pump and I heat my garage with oil, some house consumes twice that.

Standard 200amp meter for bungalow houses
Certain larger houses are 400 amperes
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 07/09/08, 11:24

André,

We understand why you have the largest hydroelectric production in the world (perhaps the Chinese also produce a lot with the famous 3 gorges dam).

No need for nuclear power plants in your home 8)

In France, it is a question of demolishing certain dams which would become dangerous (cracks and problems of resistance of the rock): dams which are more than 30 years old. particularly the Chambon dam near Bourg d'Oisans in Isère. I was there recently and the water level was very low compared to other years.

With the 2 upcoming EPRs, no worries !!! and too bad for the radioactive "leaks" like this summer at the Tricastin power station in the Rhone valley.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 08/09/08, 10:41

Andre wrote:I try to follow the thread of the discussion, a world separates us on the electricity consumption and I wonder how is it possible to operate the electric devices with such low consumption, only the hot water tank 200 liters, the stove , electric and if we add electric heating in winter? the clothes dryer.

It's quite possible, I make about 4200KW a year with electric stove, washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer in winter because the house is very humid, the laundry does not dry, 2 fridge, a freezer, an over-equipped pc which consumes a lot and runs a lot of hours a day, a small electric boiler just for the kitchen, the rest of the hot water is gas, and an electric heater in the bathroom.
I still specify that it is not my house so the energy choices for certain points are not mine : Cheesy:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/09/08, 11:04

elephant wrote:you are absolutely right: transport and local taxes represent about 50%. [...]
At EDF, transport is not (not yet?) Separately counted. But on the invoices, EDF mentions for the price per kWh: "(1) including the cost of transporting electricity for 47% (average% for the Blue Tariff)". So when I spoke of consumption, it is more correct to say" consumption + transport "...

Andre wrote:[...] I try to follow the thread of the discussion, a world separates us on the electric consumption and I wonder how is it possible to make work the electric devices with such low consumption, only the hot water tank 200 liters, the stove, electric and if we add the electric heating in winter? the clothes dryer. [...]

For me, the consumption represents all the household appliances: hotplate, ovens, kitchen appliances, washing machine, PC's and TV, Box, lamps, hot water tank 100 liters et heater.

But the apartment is small ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/08, 11:15

elephant wrote:you are absolutely right: transport and local taxes represent around 50%. I invite you to see a Belgian example (Charleroi region - it varies from one corner to another), you will quickly understand everything.

Precisely it varies from one corner to another and we in the Ardennes "interlux" we are the 2nd most "bad" lot in Belgium, we pay 11,15 c € HT / kWh just for transport and distribution !!

This will undoubtedly surprise some (look at the disparities!). By the way, which Elephant line is Charleroi?

For energy prices, example with Essent Vert:

All these prices are HT and excluding contribution or I do not know that it is tax on the tax! In the end, with us we arrive at around 0.25 € / kWh.

It doesn't bother me to pay 0.25 € / kWh but for nuclear power a bit anyway ... and above all it's more than double the feed-in tariffs for wind power in France (for example) ...

Anyway as soon as we have the regularization invoice I'll look for a green contract (at Essent probably ... elephant you know?). According to their simulation the price will be the same between nuclear and green ... so pkoi go without?

I guess this is due to the (relatively compared to the rest of Belgium) low population density of the province of luxembourg ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 08/09/08, 11:42

I am with the IEH and Electrabel (basic fixed price subscription) and I arrive at a little less than 20 cent per kWh if I remember correctly, including tax of course.
0 x