Electricity: reliability of EDF consumption meters?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Electricity: reliability of EDF consumption meters

by Woodcutter » 03/09/08, 23:11

Christophe wrote:[...] I ask myself the question because I noticed that we had a rather important consumption (5kWh per 24h when we are not there while we have no electric heating ... I find it a bit big for 1 fridge and 1 freezer and 2 or 3 small household appliances such as an alarm clock of 0.75W) and with our PM230 I cannot find the station which "on" consumes ... [...]
I have a very small fridge (130 l) and its consumption is around 1 kwh per 24h. So it doesn't really surprise me that you find 5 kWh with a large fridge + freezer ...

Don't you have the Box too? And a server?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 04/09/08, 00:08

Christophe wrote:I ask myself the question because I noticed that we had a fairly high consumption (5kWh per 24 hours when we are not there when we have no electric heating ... I find it a bit big for 1 fridge and 1 freezer and 2 or 3 small household appliances like an alarm clock of 0.75W) and with our PM230 I cannot find the station which "on" consumes ...

So I wonder if it could simply be that the meter has a blow in the wing?

As recup said, have you thought about your pump which sends water into the solar collectors. Try to disconnect the power supply from your pump ??

I seem to remember that you talked about a fairly large power (high speed)?

Is that perhaps the answer to your question?

Try unplugging your fridge by putting blocks of previously frozen ice in it. Can you control the freezer consumption with your PM230?

If it is really your EDF meter (EDB rather !!) that shit your Belgian EDF must be able to make checks of correct operation or replace the device if it is defective?
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

edf counters

by bobono » 04/09/08, 10:21

But it is of course, the famous phrase of Commissioner Bourel (police soap opera which appeared on French television in 1970.

Christophe did not think about VMC, which works 24 hours a day.

The main circuit breaker cut there must be no flow. For this an ammeter in series or better the clamp easily indicates it.

The main circuit breaker in operation and all feeders open must have no flow. If this is the case, the installation is not standard. All electrical lines must be protected by a circuit breaker.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/08, 10:27

Woodcutter wrote:Don't you have the Box too? And a server?

No server and our modem router which actually operates 24/24 consumes 15W.

Martien, do you really think I didn't think about the solar pump?

It can consume 5 to 6kWh alone per day but the day in question, it was obviously OFF ... (voluntarily for the test).

I have a PM on the freezer.

Yes before contacting the supplier I have to be sure that he shits and for the moment it is far from being the case ...

Bobono: we have NO CMV or I have not yet found it yet I have been around the house ... and even if we had one, it is in the 50W ...

I continue my investigations ...

ps: it's Electrabel in Belgium: a subsidiary of Suez in fact ... so it's French electricity if you want ...
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

counter

by tigrou_838 » 04/09/08, 11:29

hello christophe,

just a question by the way, did you think of the small lamp charger (emergency lamp), mobile phone or other that remains connected.

otherwise you don't have two solutions.

1st disconnect the meter.
2nd disconnect each fuse or similar.
3rd reconnect the check consumer counter.
4em reconnect each fuse or similar and check consumption each time, either one by one, or one behind the other or both.

maybe you already did that.

that's how I did it at home, and after having had a lot of surprises, I redid all the electricity in the house.

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

conso

by tigrou_838 » 04/09/08, 11:31

rhaaa of electricity coming directly from cattenom
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/08, 12:24

We don't have much as a small charger, you know, here is a quick listing, no mobile charger (and for the past 15 days I've been charging mine ONLY WITH SOLAR: https://www.econologie.com/shop/solaire-photovoltaique-c-35 ), no emergency lamp ... a modem router and a clock radio + microwave (with integrated clock which is useless).

Other than that I don't really see ...
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

electricity

by tigrou_838 » 04/09/08, 13:23

hi tof, another quick question,

do you have lamps with automatic detection for the exterior, projector style.

I have one like that, and each time a cat, mine passes in front, it lights for 30 seconds, 150w.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/09/08, 13:24

Nothing of that ! But let's not look any further until I have made more diagnosis.
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

electricity

by tigrou_838 » 04/09/08, 13:28

yes, you have to check in each room, each outlet or connection, from the attic to the cellar, see outside, and then maybe with luck you will find.

A + + +

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x