The Tempo EDF tariff: good or bad?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The Tempo EDF tariff: good or bad?

by phil59 » 20/12/22, 18:06

With about 10 kWh per year of electricity consumption, with prices constantly rising, I decided to switch to the tempo rate from EDF, which I had at my old house.

What is this beast?

First, I specify that I am not in electric heating, because, otherwise, without alternative heating, that can be in complicated and very cold!

It's an off-peak tariff every day, from 22 p.m. to 6 a.m., with 3 types of day, more or less expensive to very expensive.

The blue tariff, inexpensive, 300 days a year.
The white tariff, not too expensive, 43 days per year.
The red tariff, obviously, very expensive, but only 22 days a year.

On the EDF site, from around 11am in the morning, you know the next day what color it will be, to organize yourself.

The price:

tempo.JPG
tempo.JPG (36.04 KiB) Viewed 4378 times

And the subscription, is in 9 kWh, at 15€/month, approximately, therefore a little more expensive than the 6 kVA in blue tariff.

Before getting into it, I went through my linky statements, and simulated what I would have paid, if I had been in tempo, over an entire year, even though I didn't pay attention to the colors of the days , since I did not know at the time, and I put the HC rate from 22 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Result, without taking into account the subscription price, I saved almost 400€.

When I phoned EDF, they tried to "disgust" me with this tariff, but, in the end, I was told that, given my consumption and my way of consuming, it was easy 300€ to win per year.

So, it's up to you to see if it can do it for you, but for me, yes.

It's a commitment of a minimum of one year, to have the whole range of the different days.

As I drive a lot in VE, this year, with the kona, we will be at a little over 35 km, and that we charge mainly at night, in HC, it is impeccable for us.

So much for the bulk of the price, and the option.
So, on red days, in HP, no hair dryer, no oven dish, no raclette, no bath for those who have an electric cumulus, just a quick shower, etc....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Tempo tariff of "EDF".

by sicetaitsimple » 20/12/22, 18:22

Additional clarification, which you did not mention: to my knowledge, there is no "red" day on the weekend. We can therefore postpone washing machine style stuff to this period, falling back into a blue or white day, if 5 working days of the week have been "red" (which is rare, but can theoretically happen in the event of a wave of sustained cold).
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/12/22, 18:57

Hello, as I have a heat pump at the HC 9 KVA rate, I told myself that it was not for me, because I suppose that the red days correspond to the coldest days.

I have just seen that even on red days, the HC tariff is more favorable than for a classic off-peak subscription. This means that I could heat at night with the heat pump and during the day with wood (I have a stove in the room).

So I'll look into it, thanks Phil.

We know how many days before for the red days?
Attachments
EDF tariffs.gif
tariffs EDF.gif (51.91 KiB) Consulted 4356 times
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/12/22, 19:29

izentrop wrote:Hello, as I have a heat pump at the HC 9 KVA rate, I told myself that it was not for me, because I suppose that the red days correspond to the coldest days.

I have just seen that even on red days, the HC tariff is more favorable than for a classic off-peak subscription. This means that I could heat at night with the heat pump and during the day with wood (I have a stove in the room).

So I'll look into it, thanks Phil.

We know how many days before for the red days?

Just a more or less related question: does your heat pump work properly during cold weather, for example last week?

PS: for the notice, it's a day. Now, if the 3-day weather forecast predicts a sharp drop in temperatures, it can give you an idea to anticipate.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Tempo EDF tariff: good or bad?

by phil59 » 20/12/22, 19:32

You can have red days at worst for 5 consecutive days, but, at worst, weekends and holidays, never red.

You are notified the day before, at 11 a.m.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/12/22, 22:24

phil59 wrote:You can have red days at worst for 5 consecutive days, but, at worst, weekends and holidays, never red.
You are notified the day before, at 11 a.m.
OK, thanks
sicetaitsimple wrote:Just a more or less related question: does your heat pump work properly during cold weather, for example last week?
Yes, no worries, the boiler flow temperature has risen to a maximum of 35°, by -7 outside, for a constant temperature of 19-20° in the dining room - kitchen.

One downside, we had our first breakdown on Sunday, in 4 years without maintenance. Fortunately, on Monday I found a local repairman who unblocked a gas solenoid valve and it started again.

Couldn't get the installer on the phone, who seems to only answer on a maintenance contract to which I have not subscribed.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/01/23, 01:38

Hello,
I made a comparison for the year 2022 at the current blue rate compared to the tempo:
Winning even without changing habits.

As I have a wood stove in addition to the heat pump, it will be beneficial to cut the heat pump on red days.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 15/01/23, 20:50

izentrop wrote:Hello,
I made a comparison for the year 2022 at the current blue rate compared to the tempo:
Winning even without changing habits.

As I have a wood stove in addition to the heat pump, it will be beneficial to cut the heat pump on red days.

That's what everyone generally sees, if you don't just warm up at the Elec.

We take it for a year, and the following year, we can see if the prices are as cool, or not, and by being careful, if it can remain good.
0 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/01/23, 21:38

phil59 wrote:That's what everyone generally sees, if you don't just warm up at the Elec.

I also think that if we have a fairly significant electricity consumption over the year (PAC, VE) but we have a way to heat ourselves properly otherwise during the 22 red days, there is no comparison, Tempo is interesting .
With the Phil 59 reserve, annual price changes to watch. The HP/HC tariff, for example, has become less and less attractive over time, for a host of reasons not necessarily all related to EDF, in particular the vertiginous increase in the CSPE in a few years, applying as much to HP as at HC.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 15/01/23, 23:10

For many, depending on consumption, self-forced less consumed on days of national needs, if you have a big drink, it's good.

The kona generally consumes 15 kWh per 100 km, so with .0862 Cts per kWh, it costs less than €1.50 per 100 km. (0.0862*15/100= 1.3€).

Everyone & their terms of use, and it's not profitable for everyone.
0 x