Accumulate EDF in off-peak hours and return in full time

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Accumulate EDF in off-peak hours and return in full time

by fabio.gel » 07/04/08, 15:21

Hello
Is there an econologist who tried to store electricity in off-peak hours (on battery) and return it to one of these devices in full time (hence a financial gain)?

Recall
0,1085 in HP
0,0661 in HC

I have an idea with an inverter and batteries (solar type) what do you think?

Fabio
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/08, 16:14

Uh if it were feasible, EdF would have done it and there simply would not be the principle of bi-hourly which is precisely to offset the decline of industrial activity during the night ...

In other words: by hedging the investment, the maintenance and the lifetime of a system (whatever it is) of storage of the electrical energy) it is not interesting ... that it is with batteries or something else ... but with batteries it can be the worst ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/04/08, 16:16

The idea is interesting but, in my opinion, may run up against the price of the necessary materials. You risk having a very long payback period unless you recover OCCAZ gear.

In addition, I'm not really sure that this subject has its place on econology: there is no real ecological idea in there.
It's just about storing nuclear electricity to pay it cheaper :|

If, at the limit, you proposed a project that used electricity in off-peak hours to then create free energy during peak hours, you would be more in the idea of forum, but the...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/04/08, 17:48

Your storage / retrieval efficiency via inverter + batteries is at best 70%, which saves practically the price gain ... 0.06 / 0.10 = 60%

In other words caricature, you will resell 30% less electricity for 30% pplus expensive kWh ... : Mrgreen:

The installation is also very expensive to earn 50 Euros per month (very little kWh for a house ...) and annoyances (EDF connections + battery maintenance ...)

@+
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 07/04/08, 21:31

the only existing application that I know and that is a bit interesting, it is the electric heaters accumulation with refractory bricks inside. there is 200 at 300 kg, which accumulates a lot of energy: 20 to 50KWh.
and the only econological point of the system is that as it smooths the conso peaks by not consuming in peak hours, it avoids starting fuel oil or coal.
the overall efficiency of the system is very good because the heat it allows to escape during accumulation is not lost since it is still in the air of housing.
0 x
Click my signature
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/04/08, 01:48

charge a battery at night to resell the day is really small wins: impossible to amortize the price of the battery

in addition it works only for old meters that can turn upside down, and provided consume later not to have negative on the bill

which is more reasonable: for the one who wants a wind turbine and a battery, and as the wind turbine is not sufficient, one can complete the charge of the battery the night rather than the days

in this case the battery and the UPS can allow to choose a lower subscribing
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Clarification

by fabio.gel » 08/04/08, 07:50

Hello

In fact my question was just to know if it was feasible.

In most cases, I read that the small wind (I do not have too much space at home and co-ownership problem) does not produce large amounts of electricity so I would have thought that in of this green production, I could have finished recharging batteries during off-peak hours.

For information :
I do not try to sell the energy produced.

Thank you for your answers
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 08/04/08, 08:56

The only means of storage whose efficiency is good, EDF uses it largely: it is the system of communicating lakes: at off-peak hours, water is pumped into the upper lake, when there is a high demand , this water is turbine: 90% yield ... The batteries are impossible to make profitable ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 08/04/08, 09:53

Fortunately, lead-acid batteries can be regenerated!

http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/elec/regenacu.html

that's recycling ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/04/08, 10:25

Chatham wrote:The only means of storage whose efficiency is good, EDF uses it largely: it is the system of communicating lakes: at off-peak hours, water is pumped into the upper lake, when there is a high demand , this water is turbine: 90% yield ... The batteries are impossible to make profitable ...

Exact, but it's profitable only for EdF :) because globally it is to lose the energy of pumping either 20 to 30%.

I wanted to talk about it in my 1er answer but I deleted it to not confuse the subject too much.

The practice is made between Black Lake and White Lake in the Vosges (well it was practiced I do not know if it is still ...)

ps: the storage of electrical energy in thermal form is a bit of cheating because we can not convert back into electricity (without heavy losses) :)
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"