Economy light bulbs B22, change the base!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Economy light bulbs B22, change the base!

by Christophe » 23/10/09, 16:21

Here is an excerpt from my response to an email from one of our customers who was wondering about the fact that they could not easily find energy-saving bulbs in B22 (bayonet):

Some manufacturers, including Megaman, offer B22 bulbs (this is the name of the bayonet base). Unfortunately those of Megaman (2 or 3 models with tubes I believe) are expensive (low production because it was only in France that it was used) and not Ingenium.

I think the best solution is to just try replace the B22 sockets with E27 sockets (or E14 if there is not enough space) by keeping the "design" luminaire, in most cases this is possible. Thus in E27 or E14, you will have much more choice in the type of possible bulbs.

An E27 or E14 socket costs between 0.5 and 1€ in all DIY stores.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/10/09, 18:31

+1, but change the title! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be