e-Germinal: Foxconn and Apple, the other side of the iPhone ...

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

e-Germinal: Foxconn and Apple, the other side of the iPhone ...

by Christophe » 20/12/12, 16:46

the iShit will never have lived up to its name ... those who make me laugh the most (and who are also the main culprits in this case) are the pov gogols caught in the spiral of apple marketing ... good now nothing says that Nokia or Samsung are doing so much better ...

Special Envoy report of December 13, 2012
"E-Germinal: In the hell of Chinese factories"
Complete with interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwzitQZ0fs8
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/12, 17:10

Apple shares hit a historic record on the stock market: http://www.lemonde.fr/technologies/arti ... 51865.html A few weeks after the firm's anti-repair practices were denounced: http://www.journaldugeek.com/2012/06/14 ... on-ifixit/
Or that users complain about the accelerated software obsolescence of their products: http://www.competencemac.com/Quelle-dur ... a2085.html
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

All the bad I think of the new iPad III the Apple scam

by Obamot » 20/12/12, 21:37

It doesn't surprise me, and it can be explained!

Well I am SCANDALIZED, I mean SCANDALIZED by Apple, which in a certain way make worse than Microchiottes.

When I opted for an iPad (out of spite ... what else except the crappy Android and the dark side ...).

Why? Because with them you just have the design, the rest you have in the back
- about twenty years ago, everyone promised us a bright IT future with the "real time editing".... It never happened with traditional computing. The pipeline to the processor is expressly designed to slow everything down as the operating system and programs "evolve" as your PC configuration changes. And it is not possible to miss it, except to no longer be able to read the documents made by third parties due to the planned obsolescence of your previous version, however still operational;
- everyone also dreamed of easy-to-use machines;
- then suddenly appeared the iPad, which seemed a breeze to use, fast with scrolling and zoom all in real time. It finally seemed like the dream. What denial;
- So I cracked, but with regret because it was there that I realized that I was dealing with a completely restricted machine, with no connections except a USB port restricted by Apple, condemned again to follow a whole host of of successions of machines, always on the basis of perpetual promises of the nec-plus-ultra machine;
- you realize? You are connected exclusively by the network and you do not have access to the most basic of networks ... Because no ethernet socket! A real scandal, because there is no virtual link between the wifi of an iPad and your home ethernet network (or else it's an infamous pain to get there, if at all possible, Apple having done well things to lock everything automatically)
- the first weeks I do a system update on the advice of my operator, and patatras, the system removes applications from me without the knowledge of my own free will (like at the time of the iTunes 4 scam which we had removed the streaming function ...), in short the galley began;
- then by doing the update, I realized that the poor owners of iPad 1 and 2 could not even do this update. So these tablets have become obsolete in just two generations! Mine will therefore be discarded in two years! And forget about 4G compatibility, it is now already impossible with certain operators, even with brand new devices!
- functions regularly present on PC, are completely absent, it is necessary to buy "app" (for applications), to implement them, like Map which was basic with the purchase of the machine, sold with great reinforcement of pub with its GPS type function ...;
- whenever you can't do something, there is always an "app" to do it, but you have to checkout;
- none of my expensive licenses under OSX is valid on iPad, basically, if I want it to work, not only do I have to buy everything, but not everything exists and the interfaces are not the same!
- and this is where the pack hurts the most ... The keyboard controls! I have indeed bought a wifi keyboard, but that rare shortcuts are compatible with OSX, worse ... there are some which are non-existent!
- and besides even if you pay you can hardly get better than the spartan Safari type iOS interface. Browser to which all the drop-down menus have been removed from the menu bar! No way to move the windows either! In short, we almost come back to OS1 in 1984. Ah no, now it's in color; : Evil:
- all access to system files is locked (we do not even see that there is one, so impossible to find the front door ...)
- to top it off, Apple now requires us to go through its online sales shop to have access to programs (app) running on its turd. On the one hand, it gives it a monopoly position, to bring developers "in line", and de facto reactive armor against those who revolt, and finally imposes us all right. cloud computing where you no longer own anything - not even your data - except for a right of use strictly limited in time: Apple is reinventing the cash cow ...! But not touch for the users: it is the total captive dependence compared to them!
- in terms of marketing, it's "awesome»On the one hand there are computers that keep on slowing down as updates are made and on the other hand a super fast iPad that reaches out to you (but with almost nothing), and which is slowing down all the same ... by ... the wireless network and which costs you bombon by forcing you to untie purse whenever you want the least standard utility in OSX ...
- I pass on the fact that networks are erotic, so most of the time it does not happen at home inside your own house, place where you have to use it the most if you put yourself in mode [ casual] ... In short you are almost obliged to install a wifi terminal to be able to use it (but why I did not take a laptop ... ??? With burner, several USB ports, a connection Ethernet, the possibility of replacing my battery myself, updating my memory or my hard drive, as well as a jack for an external screen, mini-jack for headphones and audio output ... Yes, why? The advert)
- the icing on the cake is that you are "tracked" twice: once by your telephone operator and the other by Apple who knows your identity since you cannot help but register and therefore pay with your credit card. credit....
- and of course the repressive side, since all the "apps" which are not downloaded from the apple server, make you fart your warranty and Apple refuses to provide you with any after-sales support ...
- cherry on the cake (!) You cannot either change the battery or increase your memory without destroying your graphics tablet, the tape used to close the case is destroyed and destroys everything, if it is not heated to a temperature kept secret. And even if you do manage to reassemble it, it won't close properly unless you change it. But that, only Apple has it and is not ready to deliver it to you, since interventions in the machine are not authorized by third parties ...
- obviously, as everything is installed directly from the Apple shop server, it is impossible for you, either to go to other non-iOS graphics tablets, or to migrate to OSX or another iPad to do just- what a back-up.
- also impossible, to officially connect an external hard drive! Fortunately there are third-party connectors that allow it, but it is not supported by Apple, so that in the event of an evolution of the OS, if the supplier of the connector does not follow, you have in the ba ...

In short, I now have a holy horror of the politics of this box which has become sick. Steve Jobs must have left us among other things because of the contradictions that inhabited and tortured him ...?

It is a horror! And I can hardly understand such a craze for the iPhone and the iPad, since these machines are insults for experienced users. The fact that they are smartphones or graphics tablets (with exactly the same operating system) does not excuse anything. Since as everyone knows, this is IT, and backward or backward compatibility was necessarily possible. Especially since it was precisely the hallmark of Apple. They make me stack up.

What I don't understand is why people follow almost without protest ... : Shock:
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 20/12/12, 22:10

I am skeptical. There is good and bad.
It is a marvel technically the iphone.
As soon as you put your nose in it.
The batteries are easy to change. The lcd / touch screen changes quietly.
It is so fragile that there is a big market for repair. And cheap considering the demand.
At samsung it's overpriced. But as it does not break: no worries.
The only broken Galaxy S2 that I saw was due to a fall on horseback: € 150 gross verdict for the screen. (€ 30 gross for an iPhone 4s)

If it's not the Chinese who put together how much it would cost: double or more.
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/12/12, 22:17

Uh ... Unlike the iPhone 4, the iPad has NO screws ...

So doing it yourself is very perilous and will ruin your warranty.

Apart from the possibility of sliding on the pages offered by a touch screen, zooming in, and the relative speed, what's new compared to OSX? The icons we already knew, except that the "doc" has disappeared! Nothing new except a throwback of nearly twelve years.

The great danger is also the "cloud computing" And anonymity which is never guaranteed again. I have nothing to hide but it's for the principle.

Then when you have examined all these points you begin to understand the scam.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 20/12/12, 23:23

The cloud is rotten I agree.
But it is the ultimate external storage formula. Especially in repatriation of data.
OSX I don't know. I have been anti apple from the start.
Too much for dummies who don't want to go further than use.

For the ipad the screws are under the touch which is stuck on the chassis. Around € 45 to replace and a hair dryer. It is necessary to tear off / take off the broken existing.

I never put € 1 on the store because the underground has (had, is and will have) a bright future.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/12/12, 23:42

plasmanu wrote:too much for dummies who don't want to go further than using.

Explain to us what it means : Lol: (I understand but I'm teasing you)

1) How the one who bought a computer "should go further" than the use he makes of it: since we educate customers so much (understand galore) to buy only according to their needs. .
2) "Go further", does it mean that these damn machines are not able to function for the use for which they are intended?
3) If "going further" means exploiting it to the most advanced of its functionalities, in what way would it be null? It's also good why we buy a computer, right? At the beginning! Still happy that it is required that it works without problems!
4) If you acquire a PC rather than a Mac to "go further", it is good that there is, basically, a problem with PCs which are on an unstable architecture, reason why we must get your hands dirty!
5) At the time, in the local radio of less corner, they made fun a little of my Mac, until the day when they discovered all that I could do with. At the time, the top was DD SCSI, they even nicknamed me SCSi to make fun of me in a friendly way. In fact, a few hundred subsequent crashes, all PCs were converted to Linux and the DDs were all installed in SCSI. The poor guy who did the maintenance was tired of reinstalling everything every time ... I deduce that getting your hands dirty is MUCH easier with a Mac OSX (with terminal mode you do what you want. ..and so on ...)

plasmanu wrote:For the ipad the screws are under the touch which is stuck on the chassis. Around € 45 to replace and a hair dryer. It is necessary to tear off / take off the broken existing.

Is this normal ... not to mention that there's a lot of fragile stuff that can drop, the connectors are just very light ...

plasmanu wrote:I never put € 1 on the store because the underground has (had, is and will have) a bright future.

: Mrgreen: CQFD, but if you are under warranty and you have a glitch, you seem fine.

In short, all this is to make people captive, to spy on them more easily, and that is two things that I hate in a world where we try to make people responsible. And yet I am not in paranoid mode (whatever, with these marioles we can become ...)

And do not tell me that all this does not make puber ...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 21/12/12, 00:01

Apple is simply not upgradable. Neither ameliorable.
The pc is unstable but I just like sludge.

For graphics, audio, and professional use it has proven itself especially in stability.
Power level they have always been dropped.

To get back to the iphone
An original ios and the jailbreak is gone. Return of the guarantee. You need a good software to do it and some precautions.

For connectors it is flexible. The nag technique is not recommended.
They can be dismantled 100 times.

Ho it's 21 quickly in bed : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/12, 00:30

You forget a little quickly that the best network management is done by Unix, because it is a "self-sufficient" system. This is why it is reliable, and not so much because it would target "dummies" (lol). On the contrary, in the professional world, we much prefer anything based on Linux.

Universities were also the first to take an interest!

In addition, it is preemptive multi-tasking.

plasmanu wrote:Power level they have always been dropped.

Damn ....... and say that I have to defend them : roll:

No, since they are with Intel PC processors similar to those that are running, there is no more difference. these are intel PCs that run OSX on it. As you would run any other OS ...! Bar point.

So you will put your hands in the grease but it will be the same ...

Nevertheless, I can less and less smell them, and that I stay with them because I don't want the PC nightmare (I just installed something on the neighbor's, then I helped out his problem. .. thank you enough) : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

If there was another smooth running system that worked well, I would drop them immediately.

Alas, it is not only to them that the planned obsolescence reports.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 21/12/12, 02:39

You're right Unix is ​​a great base.

And also from the powerpc which shared the processors.
They adapt the technology with a delay time.

And also for academics (not able to repair).

But at what cost ... They are thieves. It is horribly more expensive.

I remember the stepfather's powerpc G4: master of conf in physics;
impossible to launch 2 web pages at the same time without crashing it. : Cheesy:
A very beautiful shit. Good for copying photos and running expensive astronomy software. : Mrgreen:

He took it like in college. "but where is the plug to light the thing"
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"