Dirty electricity? Danger or rumor?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Dirty electricity? Danger or rumor?

by dreamer » 25/10/10, 22:28

Good evening or good morning.

First of all I wanted to say that if this subject was treated on the forum, I apologize for the duplication but my research did not yield anything.

Here, I recently received a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS5ogZxoZ2Y

They explain to us that compact fluorescent bulbs produce a fairly substantial sort of electromagnetic field, which would be harmful to health.

I did some research ... among other things I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbebpRvw ... re=related

And this site which is devoted to the subject:
http://www.dirtyelectricity.org/

I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is, or if it has a real impact on us.

Could you light my lantern? :)

Thank you in advance,
Dreamer
0 x
Marti
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Marti » 25/10/10, 23:21

The website does not give any usable figures and in the video, they do not say what they measure .... it lacks seriousness.

Here is information from the Swiss Office of Public Health, a country which, to my knowledge, makes the most restrictive recommendations.

http://www.bag.admin.ch/themen/strahlun ... ml?lang=fr

In summary, compact fluorescent lamps produce an electromagnetic field like many other common objects.

That said, it would be ridiculous to throw away your low-energy light bulbs when we all spend a good part of our time with a cell phone glued to our ears ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/10/10, 01:01

summary which should be written on each lamp box in detail:
* 1) If you are staying for a long time at rest, living or work stations lit by energy-saving lamps, keep a distance of 30 cm with these lamps to reduce your exposure to UV radiation and electric fields.

2) * Low consumption lamps contain a very small amount of mercury. If a bulb breaks and the mercury escapes, it is advisable to pick up the fragments using adhesive cloth or sticky paper and bring them all to a point of sale. Also take care to ventilate the room thoroughly. However, the small amount of mercury released poses no health risk.

3) * Energy-saving lamps should not be disposed of with household waste. Please return defective low-energy lamps to the store or send them to a specialized disposal service.

So we often do point 1 at least 30cm and in my opinion 50cm to 1m is better !!
But many do not respect points 2 and 3 sources of mercury pollution at home and elsewhere and special products and metals on the tubes !!
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 26/10/10, 01:03

I knew for the near magnetic field, but the, they test with their device at several meters ....
It does not seem to be just that
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/10/10, 02:28

It all depends on varying levels of sensitivity depending on the individual and which serve to set the standards !!

For UV, in general we resist a lot to those of the sun !!
Except hypersensitive, moon children who can only go out at night and who are prohibited from fluorescent lamp with their low UV, too strong nevertheless for these moon children, who risk cancer at the slightest UV (DNA repair system deficient in them) !!

For electromagnetic radiation, too, we don't all have the same sensitivity, with mechanisms not cleared up, which means that the standards refuse to consider that living beings can detect radio waves or weak electromagnetic fields, as does any radio or portable station !!
The standards only consider the heating of the waves, which allows high values ​​as long as one does not cook the living being !!

When we see that all other physical phenomena are used and detected by living beings at the maximum possible level of sensitivity:
sound or touch an inter-atomic distance for the movement of the eardrum
chemical odors a molecule in butterflies or dogs
light, almost the photon.
Alors it is totally illogical to believe that living things are incapable of doing what a radio does, detect electromagnetic fields millions of times weaker than those which cause annoying heating !!
The electric field is used by catfish and detected very weak by sharks !!
Bacteria, birds and even our brain have cells with magnetite Which make it possible to detect the Earth's magnetic field by aligning these bacteria !!
People become allergic or hypersensitive to weak electromagnetic fields!
It is therefore almost certain that standards out of ignorance underestimate the dangers and that it is good to protect oneself much more than what the current standards impose.
In the past, standards have almost always underestimated the danger until it is clearly visible with indisputable short-term deaths.
Pesticides, radioactivity (their discoverers like M Curie, his daughter Iréne and Joliot died from it), asbestos, and many other products, were very underestimated!
So it is certain that the dangers and effects of electromagnetic fields are underestimated !!
The problem is very complex and therefore very controversial, but believing in the validity of current standards for laptops and fluorescent lamps is the same as believing asbestos in the flocking of buildings without danger in the years 1900 to 1970 !!

So do not use your laptop far from the brain, even when not in use, and keep your eyes and head away from fluorescent lamps as much as possible !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/10, 10:46

Again this old "infox" which returns to the front of the stage ...

About electromagnetic fields it's a FAKE ... for the rest (mercury, more difficult recycling yes it's just ...) reason to buy quality compact fluorescents that last over time, bulbs at 2 € or less will not last you 1 year ...

The light on the magnetic fields was made on this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-lampes ... t4109.html

If the compact fluorescent bulbs were dangerous from the electromagnetism point of view, where are the health studies on luminescent neon tubes, which use exactly the same principle, which has been used for almost 100 years especially in schools, factories, offices where do we spend thousands of hours a year?

I really have my slap to keep repeating the same thing about this case.

Find me such studies on TL and I will come back to my position according to their conclusions ...
Last edited by Christophe the 30 / 10 / 10, 10: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/10/10, 10:53

The real scam of compact fluorescents is not their dangerousness but their ... announced longevity which is not proven!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/10, 10:57

Obamot wrote:longevity announced which is not proven!

Which models have you tested on which lifespan to be so sure of you?
Your remark is valid for models at 2 € or less, yes ...

For high-end models like Megaman or other major brands, they hold much better but nobody is immune to a lightning strike or failure on the network ... (there is insurance for this)

We still have at home in operation, fluorescent lights that date from before the year 2000 ...

Also, if more people were asserting their warranty rights, then there would be fewer of these crap smacking in 6 months on the market ... but who keeps the receipt for 3 bulbs at 2 euros?

People are being tricked but it's their fault ... because they do nothing to change it.

ps: all our megaman fluorescent lamps are guaranteed for 2 years and I can tell you that the return rate is less than 0.5% ... in mail order, the cost of a return on a bulb at 15 € means that we no longer earn nothing on it ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 30/10/10, 11:06

Well, from various brands including Philips and Sylvania, then no-names because now I have more than enough. (And with the CE standard, you should claim, as you say, for sure! But not many people do it ... Alas!).

But I haven't tried yours, I admit! I will do it during a next scheduled purchase.

By cons for dangerousness is peanut. Compared to the cathode ray tubes with which we have been happily exposed for decades ... it's frank fun!

After all, if you want to convince yourself that it's dangerous ... it could end up hurting us! But it's just a "self-belief" story, that's clear.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/10, 11:11

There was a time the philips and sylvania were only given for 5000 or 6000h ... which at the rate of 5h per day on average, represents less than 3 years ... it's not huge ...

Currently the best from philips are at 12000h.
No other manufacturer, to my knowledge, Megaman is at 15000h.

Obamot wrote:After all, if you want to convince yourself that it's dangerous ... it could end up hurting us! But it's just a "self-belief" story, that's clear.

Very well said. This will be the end word of this topic!

And those who are not happy with their fluorescent lights have only to fall back on SMD LEDs https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-essai ... 10087.html , but there too they will find something to say ... necessarily ... cf https://www.econologie.com/forums/anses-led- ... 10090.html
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"