Create an electric system for a chalet without an EDF grid

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/05/09, 22:19

Hello Alain G

Your multiplication surprises me a bit. Mowers usually do not turn very fast (say 3000 rpm). On the other hand, car alternators need to run fast enough to have a "good" performance (say 8000 to 13000 rpm). Rather, you should have multiplied instead of multiplied your transmission, right?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/05/09, 22:50

Good evening Flytox

The small gasoline engine is made to run at 3500 company rpm and the ratio is 2: 1 (2 rpm engine to 1 rpm alternator), the Plymouth Reliant K alternator gives its maximum at 1600 rpm.

I tried a 1: 1 ratio but the engine has trouble picking up when I engage a strong load all at once, reassure that I do not draw more than the wattage indicated above even with a different ratio, in fact I can run it at 3000 rpm without any problem.

:D
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/05/09, 23:21

OKAY ! It's good to know that you can find "slow" alternators on cars. :P Sooner or later it will be used again!
For sudden loadings, you solved the problem by changing the gear ratio, I suppose it is because you did not find a simple trick to apply the load more gradually by adjusting the electrical parameters?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 27/05/09, 23:35

You saw the size of this alternator : Shock:

It is huge (the size of the "beautiful American" of the sixties or the fifties from which she comes!

: Mrgreen:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 28/05/09, 00:30

Flytox

Most of the alternators on American cars have this capacity plus or minus 500 watts at this number of rpm, this alternator is an 80's Bosch installed on the K cars which saved the Chrysler company in the 80's.
I have done the tests on the maximum stress and calibrated for the best efficiency but for a newer and more powerful alternator I should surely increase the revs a little to extract the maximum number of watts.

I paid $ 25 Cdn for the scrapyard and the mower engine that I thought was unrecoverable because he spent 4 years in the snow and outside homeless, my daughter needed it for a project at school and at home. big surprise with the gas tank almost full of water a good cleaning and 4 hours of ethanol test made the muffler blush it survived without any aftereffect, note that it was used very little as a mower (3 years) because that I quickly replaced it with a tractor to have some free time on weekends.

Lietseu

The answer given to Flytox will surely suit you.
:D
0 x