Create an electric system for a chalet without an EDF grid

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
crackmi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Create an electric system for a chalet without an EDF grid

by crackmi » 23/05/09, 15:29

Hello, I have a cottage that is not connected to the EDF network. I use it to spend the weekend out of the city but I would like at least install a small screen tv, can you tell me how to do it cheaply! I thought to install a battrie with a converter, is it possible? thank you for your answer
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 23/05/09, 15:40

Hello crackmi,

nice cottage, this is one of my projects for later also : Wink: !
In which area is your cottage? If you have a stream nearby, you can think of making a hydraulic generator (see Christophe's post), with batteries.
Otherwise, some photovoltaic panels might be enough to charge a set of battery?
Another track, a small biomass generator, if it exists. Maybe with a little recup and patience it would be playable 8) !
0 x
crackmi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by crackmi » 23/05/09, 15:45

thank you for the answer, the field is located near Cherbourg, I do not have a stream, I already think of the solar panel but I do not really know which kit to choose!
0 x
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 23/05/09, 16:00

Ok it can be said that it is not the best place level sun for solar :D but it is still possible to find some panels and batteries for a reasonable price.
That said, given the more limited interest of this solution, I thought something else: how do you heat in your cottage? Do you have an insert, a chimney, or a boiler? In this case, perhaps a system recovering the calories from your home, and making the generation of electricity could be possible? Look at the side of the Stirlings etc ... in this case.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/05/09, 22:20

No heating, I guess, it only goes in summer!
The most worrying is the fridge.
TV: spend the evenings watching bat flying with madam, for the rest, no need for light! Otherwise, learn to play the guitar: my wife and my daughter can not travel without.

The rest, eco lamps, a converter to 60 euros on a battery 70 A / h, and it's happiness :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
crackmi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by crackmi » 24/05/09, 09:15

I also thought about the fight but which one to choose, and how
recharge?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 24/05/09, 16:32

crackmi

Buy an inverter 600 watts and a marine deep cycle battery that you can get for less than 200 euros for both.

You will be able to illuminate the fluorescent and use several devices.

For charging you do it at home, and in case of emergency you recharge it on your car with cables booster, you can also buy a small solar panel 15 watts and leave your battery to the cottage to recharge when you are there not.
:D
0 x
crackmi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by crackmi » 24/05/09, 21:49

thank you bcp for your answer, have you by chance reference or site on which I can buy all this, when the solar panel to recharge, can you tell me in detail what I have to buy? thanks again
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/05/09, 22:00

: Arrow: Cherbourg (I did my classes in Querqueville) and one of the most windy places ...
: Mrgreen:
Unless you are safe at the bottom of a hole, I would definitely opt for a wind turbine.

A friend lives in the Dordogne in his cottage is not connected to the network and produces mainly its electricity with a wind Rutland 700 € bought by correspondence.
He wanted to add a 55W solar panel 2 years ago with a real deep cycle battery but for several years he was content with the wind turbine.
It has a dual 12V continuous electrical network for lighting and visual audio. As well as a few 220 plugs via a small inverter that he hardly ever uses.
A generator sets him 1 hours per week to do his laundry is 0.8 € gasoline.
Its water heater is powered by a gas bottle.
His fridge (I wonder if he uses it) can work in 12V / 220V / gas.
I connected its 12V network to a case-recovered auto fusible box. : Lol:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 25/05/09, 01:24

crackmi

I am from Canada, but surely a French member of forum will be able to direct you towards a French supplier.

I had to build a generator with an 2.5 HP mower motor (free) and a car alternator (20 euros in case) that gives me 500 watts, I just add a pulley on the little Briggs engine ansi a strap, all installed on a metal support.

The engine rotates the alternator that charges 2 batteries with which I use 2 inverters one of 250 watts and one of 750 watts with which I can operate the refrigerator in case of failure or the satellite dish and TV and some light bulbs low consumption.

The wind turbine such as Citro mentioned it to you is another alternative if you have good wind but you must have one or 2 storage batteries, the investment is still higher (about 500 euros), but can be will be an alternative for a future project when you increase your consumption by adding devices when you have tasted the pleasure of being autonomous of EDF.

But a Photovoltaic panel of 15 watts on the roof is enough to recharge 2 batteries during the week and requires very little investment.

Good luck in your project!
:D
0 x