freaks counter

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/01/11, 13:46

But OK my table needs to be redone. It's DIY.
I just thought imay be a trendy power strip hanging out in the garden .... [

Enough to break out !!!
Be very careful, because some have set fire to their house as well, for lack of minimum care, with no luck !!!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 07/01/11, 14:03

moby25 wrote:I just thought I may be a trendy power strip hanging around in the garden ....

It's not nice for garden gnomes who risk electrocution when snow white melts.

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 08/01/11, 18:37

Well I think that it was indeed this extension cord connected but which ... was soaking in water (!). With the snow that has melted, the pond is at an unprecedented level.

The plug was very hot. Besides, how can we explain this phenomenon? How come it didn't go off
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/01/11, 18:50

The plug was very hot. Besides, how can we explain this phenomenon? How come it didn't go off

Pure rainwater is not a good short juice especially over a good length and metals which oxidize (the plug is oxidized to disassemble and deoxidize !!!! black) and the current if a little salt , makes bleach !!
This has tripped in differential to earth 350mA or 16mA and not in very large current of tens of amperes which does not pass through pure water easily with small surfaces of electrodes. !!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/01/11, 19:04

moby25 wrote:Well I think that it was indeed this extension cord connected but which ... was soaking in water (!). With the snow that has melted, the pond is at an unprecedented level.

bin so rightly it breaks because it's what you complain about!

but the main current which passes between the 2 wires of neutral and phase does not necessarily cause tripping because it does not reach the 15A or more of your circuit breaker ... it only heats

what makes the circuit breaker is the current between phase and earth, which blows the differential ... you wrote 300mA ...

distilled water does not conduct current at all ... this is how I recognize real distilled water or demineralized with ordinary water: I dip in 2 wires connected to 220v: it does not make the slightest bubble ... if it is tap water, or even distilled water which has been put in a not perfectly clean bottle, it electrolyses and bubbles on the wires

when an outlet lying around in the ground is necessarily dirty enough water to blow up the differential!

I often have plugs lying outside in the ground, before using them I dip them squarely in water to clean them: clean water dries faster than mud!
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 08/01/11, 20:34

Yes actually when I said that it did not break it was to say that it was not systematic.

The water the plug was in was rain water + some mud.

When you say to clean your catch in water, is it in distilled water?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/01/11, 20:42

distilled water ? to clean it would be luxury ... it is rather soak in a bucket of water then spin the plug like a slingshot to dry it ... and good to plug
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/01/11, 21:12

And, disassemble the plugs to see the oxidation level of the contacts which must have darkened strongly (a small volt is enough to oxidize the wet copper, then 220V ... !!) and clean them by scraping with friction in the recesses as on a pan!

Otherwise after several weeks in water and humid air, the plugs are shriveled, with bad dangerous contacts, because they will heat to 10A, oxidize more and have a small risk of fire !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! not to be underestimated !!!!!
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Trip counter

by PVresistif » 02/01/21, 10:35

Linky before being a meter, it is a circuit breaker ... therefore a circuit breaker which trips, what could be more normal ...
The old circuit breakers operated with a margin of around 30 to 40% so with 30 A subscribed had the right to a very significant overrun (up to 40 A in my case, see link below, function n ° 4); the linky circuit breaker is extremely precise, 1 to 2%; with 30A subscribed over 40 A, at 30,5 it breaks, to stop that, it's simple: you subscribe to a higher power and you pay more ..... See the article of the Individual of January 2020, included in one of my posts .....
Perhaps we have talked too much about the "false" linky problems (waves?) And not the real one which is linked to the monopoly of electricity distribution in France, ie of the subscription .... controlled by the circuit breaker ......
Paying more than before for the same use is also digital
It would have been possible to set the breaker to make it break with the same margin as the old breakers, I guess? maybe start a petition? or pay, pay for us good people.

http://osenon.free.fr/6%20Wattmetre/ose ... tmetre.htm
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Trip counter

by izentrop » 03/01/21, 02:45

According to the measurements of Deux Ex Silicium, it would be less sensitive than the old ones heating-insulation / linky-is-it-more-precise-t15610-10.html # p353603
0 x