Less consume electricity

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Consume less electricity

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/01/19, 18:30

So there is really no no no hope that nuclear energy will one day be secure energy and that it will solve a good part of the planet's energy needs?

I do not know the comparative figures of deaths but it seems to me that a lot of "progress" does not kill (or have killed) or rot everything?

From coal to petroleum passing through the dams, the plane, train, car, boat passing by a whole lot of other things tobacco, alcohol and co ... etc

In short, reduce, consume less which avenues?
- turn off all the cities at night, I would rather be and I don't understand why this has not been done for a long time
- LED lamps are gradually replacing the old bulbs
- turn off all unnecessary night lights
- what is the relationship between mass actions of individuals and industrial consumers?

Can we cut it even more? especially for individuals who only heat with wood?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 21/01/19, 23:52

Nico239, you are the first on this thread to talk about reducing energy consumption.
There are other solutions. Jancovici, who is not, however, a bohemian ecologist, recommends for example favoring small displacements rather than favoring the electric. He is right the smaller the car the less it consumes and pollutes. An old small car uses less energy than a large new one. Not to mention the waste of scrapping cars that still work.
He also recommends less favoring air transport by specifying that this type of transport benefits the richest 20%.
There are plenty of other avenues, but that's against the interest of the industry, of growth. Not to mention that it would not be done without pain, without frustration of the voters.
2 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 22/01/19, 02:15

lgboss wrote:We are moving towards a world where virtuality and robotics will take over the way we live, what makes us human beings. Phone connected, fridge connected, connected, everything is connected but we are actually disconnected, disconnected from ourselves, disconnected from nature.
Well done, it starts strong for a first message! The question is obviously of importance. Too bad that many participations have a little disintegrated the subject but to tell the truth is it a surprise? We look around, it's a forum !

Some ideas I can think of:

- as a rule, consume less because the production of things requires electricity, in particular not or less buying electrical devices and replacing some with mechanical devices (eg the manual juice mill versus the juice extractor, the saw versus the jigsaw, ...).

- better maintain the batteries of devices with rechargeable battery (PC, mobile ...)

- better insulate your home and heat better.

The difficulty remains for computers and the internet. By writing on this forum I use electricity. So treat your addiction to screens and connection! It is not won !

The basic problem is that in order to stay in this society I cannot really extract myself completely from consumption and even at the bottom of the waste of electricity which drives it forward. I don't have to be a cantor, I can at least put the brakes on it. But then do not feel guilty either permanently, otherwise you will miss out on life as a martyr.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 22/01/19, 19:19

phil53 wrote:He also recommends less favoring air transport by specifying that this type of transport benefits the richest 20%.

For the benefit of something else?
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 26/01/19, 10:52

Hello !
I would like to come back to the main subject : Oops:

Electricity savings also concern me, I replaced all my lights with LEDs and I am delighted, the heating: reversible air conditioning. I still have the water heater, alas cumulus still. We are only 2 adults at home, the children having made their lives, and therefore I would like to replace this energy-efficient with more economical. I had thought of an instant wall-mounted gas water heater powered by a bottle of LPG, but since I am not making a theory, would I save money, or are there other more suitable installations in my case without having to invest heavily in a house that we will keep for 10 to 15 years (PS, heat pump, etc.)?
However, I would point out that when we leave for a few days, I turn off the current water heater.
Thank you for your opinions :?
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 26/01/19, 10:59

Intersiderally, the advisers are not the payers.
I allow myself to issue an opinion, even if it means paying a fee, study the solution of the solar water heater.
It is the most profitable rating of solar.
It depends on the regions but generally the amortization is very fast.
Even in overcast weather it gets hot. When I had one in Mayenne until October no extra energy. Sometimes even in winter it gets quite warm and in spring from March onwards it is often good.
0 x
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 26/01/19, 10:59

Bonjour,

You are in Nîmes> CESI
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/01/19, 15:06

phil53 wrote:Jancovici, who is not, however, a bohemian ecologist, recommends for example favoring small displacements rather than favoring the electric. He is right the smaller the car the less it consumes and pollutes. An old small car uses less energy than a large new one.
Yes, well mine, which consumed an average of 5 liters of diesel / 100 km, went to scrap yards because of a rocker perforation and the new CT requirements. Previously, I had successfully repaired with zinc, rivets and silicone gasket, but more authorized if not original part.

Too bad I did not wait for the yellow vests crisis, because even at 500 E nobody wanted it, while the engine had less than 200 km and could still do as much.
bleusideral wrote:I still have the water heater, alas cumulus still. We are only 2 adults left at home
Ben generally 2 without teenagers, the normal consumption is about 2 kWH / day. In off-peak hours it's € 3 / month.
The best thing to do is to insulate it if it is more than 150 l http://www.apper-solaire.org/Pages/Fich ... /index.pdf
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 27/01/19, 15:20

Hello and thank you for your opinions!

Phil 12, I didn't understand your answer, CESI is an engineering school? I am actually near Nîmes

Izentrop; thanks for this calculation, I am not good at calculating, rather on the practice of realization. My 200L boiler is in a cupboard, so at room temperature of the house, it is difficult to achieve over-insulation, I have no room, and it is not worth it in my opinion!
By cons, can we connect a sensor on the roof connected to the heater with a valve? maybe you need a water-water glycol exchanger?
Good Sunday, warm : Cheesy:
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/01/19, 17:54

Nico239, the savings in electricity achievable in the field of domestic lighting are low, due to a modest impact on the total electricity consumption of a dwelling.
As for energy efficiency, this is a vast subject; experience shows that progress in this direction (which has never stopped) does not prevent a constant increase in consumption by a rebound effect ...

@ Blue: CESI = Individual Solar Water Heater ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."