Compliance Table Electrical Three Phase Not Balanced! Linky jumping!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
vieuxclou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Compliance Table Electrical Three Phase Not Balanced! Linky jumping!

by vieuxclou » 06/11/19, 12:06

Hello,
I am an Electrician by training and a Technician for a big company.
Having made the purchase of an old house (1940) This one has an installation
Electric three-phase (small engine sump in cellar, serving only very rarely)

The secondary tables ground floor, 1er and second have been redone about 8ans. (Not cut neutral)
I intend to restore the main table (wood) cellar which is really collector ds at first.

Also when I use machine washed, tumble dryer and electric oven my limky counter cut me the installation.
So I realized that I had to balance my three-phase installation. (I noticed the imbalance with the limky counter
which allows me to have the power in real time)
Written: 12 KW, hence 4000VA per phase.

Being a little lost, To know if I have to go back in Single phase with EDF (500 euros connection fee) and replacement of the table.
Or balance my three-phase installation by replacing the main board anyway (higher cost for a three-phase switchboard)

Thank you in advance for your advice. :P
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Compliance Three Phase Electrical Panel!

by sicetaitsimple » 06/11/19, 12:24

oldclou wrote:Being a little lost, To know if I have to go back in Single phase with EDF (500 euros connection fee) and replacement of the table.
Or balance my three-phase installation by replacing the main board anyway (higher cost for a three-phase switchboard)

Personally I would not hesitate a second, even if it must cost 500 €! Rebalancing, in addition to the very old, it can be quickly a galley, or even be impossible (except to break everything).
And with a little luck and a little personal "discipline" on using large consumers at the same time, you might be able to upgrade to 9kVA instead of 12, which is about $ 20 / year in savings. Little consolation, certainly, but consolation all the same!
Good luck.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/19, 12:48

sicetaitsimple wrote:Personally I would not hesitate a second, even if it must cost 500 €! Rebalancing, in addition to the very old, it can be quickly a galley, or even be impossible (except to break everything).

If the cables leave a meter (or even several) it is necessary to act, provided they have a sufficient section there will be nothing to break ...

Otherwise you can also move if possible some energy-consuming devices on another circuit ... which to make a derivation between 2 taken ... must break a little but not everything!

oldclou wrote:Also when I use machine washed, tumble dryer and electric oven my limky counter cut me the installation.

Roughly speaking it is 7-8 kW of cumulated power if it is on a phase is 30-35 A ... it exceeds largely 4000 VA per phase ...

You have to see the tolerances of disequilibrium tolerated by Linky, I deduce that you have a three-phase linky?

The price of three-phase subscriptions is probably higher than in mono ...

Switching from three-phase to single-phase is just to remove 2 phases and change meters (although a three-phase can count only one of the 3 phases ...)!
The opposite is much more complicated (EDF will certainly ask rather 5000 € than 500 € in this case).

You are in sorting with neutral regime so 3 phases of 230 V + N? That's it?

I'm asking because in Belgium, for example, there are 3 phases of 127 V without N ... so 230 V between phases.

In short the interest of switching to mono would be just to avoid the linky jumps to see if the imbalance is configurable by software and make a simulation with subscriptions and different costs ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Compliance Table Electrical Three Phase Not Balanced! Linky jumping!

by GuyGadebois » 06/11/19, 13:07

At home, I had sort and mono. The breaker was very sensitive. An electrician told me that the three-phase requires an electrical installation and an impeccable earth, which was obviously not the case. I deleted the three phase and since then no more problems.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/11/19, 13:08

Did you have three-phase linky too?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 06/11/19, 13:40

Christophe wrote:Did you have three-phase linky too?

No no. But Linky is coming soon, I got the notice. No way to escape.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
vieuxclou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by vieuxclou » 06/11/19, 13:45

Thank you all for the advice.

Yes I'm good sorting with neutral system so 3 phases of 230 V + Neutral.
(230V between a phase and neutral and 400V between phases)
during my new contract with EDF the subscription tri has the same price when mono.

I thought also increased the P. counter to 18KVA with a monthly cost of 12 € per month?
I would switch to 6000VA per phase against 4000 VA currently, so more comfort for
to balance my three-phase installation?

When do you think ?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 06/11/19, 13:48

oldclou wrote:When do you think ?

Never, it gives me migraines. : Cheesy:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/11/19, 13:51

Christophe wrote:In short the interest of switching to mono would be just to prevent the linky jumps ....

What seems to be the first goal, right?

PS: by the way and from my own experience twenty years ago in a house of the same age, the transition to mono, related to a complete overhaul of the electrical system in the street by EDF (air passage underground) , allowed me to go from 12 to 9 kVA without any worries.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 06/11/19, 13:55

Hello,
when i use machine washed, tumble dryer and electric oven my limky counter cut me the installation.
Apparently it's the oven that has nothing to do on the same phase. It must be separate on an 32 A circuit?
I am surprised that a table redone 8 years ago have no break of neutral ... not by a professional I guess?

If the tables are well marked, allocating large consumers should not be difficult. : Wink:

Electric heating ? equipotential earth?
0 x