Clouds Computing = Obsolescence programmée

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Clouds Computing = Obsolescence programmée

by Obamot » 27/05/13, 20:59

As announced for a long time in this forum (many saw this thing coming ...)

Here is how the situation rent gear behind the:

'Cloud Computing'

Which is none other than the paid online storage industry of "farm farms", which seeks to convince us that there lies the only possible future in the world of computing ...

Extensive organized and planned trickery
The goal being to bring consumers, supposedly free from any tie with "mobile computing", to find themselves in fact constantly with a thread to the paw!

Since - under the pretext of dangling
- access to your information anytime and anywhere;
- whatever the connected device (smartphone, graphics tablet or computer)
- the mirage of the total pseudo-security of your data!
- unlimited storage capacity;
- synchronization between versions of your documents allowing you to always work only on the last version;

...this "service package" which was offered almost free at the start to some, will see step by step, its implementation become widespread and:
has the sole purpose of making you spit out as much money as possible upon arrival (and to everyone, without exception ...

What we do not tell you, in fact, is that behind this still marginal system which tends to impose itself almost everywhere insidiously and without the knowledge of yours voluntarily - there is a whole strategy called "addictive marketing "- and will eventually lead to the generalization of its use leading to:
- a real income from situation, because the service will become essential, paying, and without possibility of turning back;
- as many have already noticed, this is currently the case with "app" (a sympatoche term a priori, but which means "applications" or "programs" without permanent right of use, thus renamed for you to swallow the pill and confuse the issue, making it become a "fashion object", therefore out of fashion);
- the rental (and not the sale) of computer programs with imposed updates, via automatic obsolescence excluding the possibility of refusal by the "user".
- the end of the possibility of buying program licenses from third parties or of transmitting them;
- the end of the possibility of buying a license once and for all (for a specific application and as long as you do not decide to change your computer);
- the end of discounts or sales on any computer program (since it is exclusively available by download);
- and if you are not careful, the end of the possibility of migrating your own licenses to a new computer (except payment for regular or occasional updates);
- the obligation of continual updates (as is already the case with "app" via Apple's "App-store", and which signals your updates with a red mark "late", without the possibility of deactivating this function, except to "crack" your operating system)
- the virtual end of any warranty, as soon as you make the slightest update, as with the case of Samsung, which uses this pretext to invoice you for any repair (even during the contractual warranty) arguing that "you have intervened and have modified the machine software ", which constitutes a disgraceful exclusion of warranty;
- the end of all ownership of the programs (this is already the case with the licensing system, but this will extend to computer support, since any application can only be downloaded and installed automatically, it will no longer be available on physical medium: like a DVD ...)
- and ultimately, the end of all property on all or part of the computer peripherals, since all or part may (and is already) made obsolete by the updates.

All this to arrive at forcing all users around the world to the appearance and imposition of monthly fees for the use of any equipment containing computers (smartphones, tablets, laptops or desktops, up to to living room TVs, including fridges or all household appliances or "connected" equipment);

Et Last but not least, you will be constantly monitored, to know if you have regularly paid for your licenses, with a regulatory operating system (or not), with real blackmail on access to your own data, with the end of all confidentiality ...

Those who will have your personal data (already exchanged without your knowledge and against your will) will be able to know your user profile to know in advance, if you are a docile consumer or what do I know ...

Some firms, such as banks and insurance companies, are already speculating on the life expectancy of their victim clients.

As an example, here is already where we are:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/5/8/A ... otoshop-cc?

Other source:
http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/c ... 2jzmi.html
Last edited by Obamot the 27 / 05 / 13, 21: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/13, 21:05

Uh ... for me, it's not planned obsolescence but well-honed marketing :)

Hey how many people store their private / intimate life on FB?

The notion of Could does not stop with remote file hosting ...

It is the networking of several servers (to manage load balacing for example).

Tell me if I like it but the 1st Coulds are the super calculators ... right?

ps: moved in forum hi tech
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/13, 21:11

Well of course ...

If you read everything, you'll see that's what I wrote, by and large.

Except that the marketing strategy results from a GLOBAL AGREEMENT ...

The services offered are designed to make users "addicts", as revealed by one of Microsoft's marketing managers for France (in one of its many training seminars for resellers and professional users who make a living from it. .).

Buy an iPad and you will see if all this does not lead to the planned obsolescence of the equipment ... (I say that, I do not wish you to come, rather take a laptop, but I think you do already have one ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/13, 21:18

No thanks for the ishit !!! You can keep it :)

I read everything ... but the fact remains that your title is poorly chosen ... because the could not become obsolete, quite the contrary ...
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 27/05/13, 21:31

Uh there we approach a purely virtual subject.

You lost your login. No more cloud.
We steal your high-tech gadget. No more cloud.

You put bogus info. Cloud of shit.

But it lets you know what your daughter is installing on her tablet.
Recovering contacts ...
Save your emails. His mms. Sms. App or apk.

It's like facebook after all.
Good and bad.

Me on facebook I have 23years old married and still military.
After will deduce who I am today.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/13, 21:33

Christophe: I put it like this, because it leads to several axes:

'Clouds Computing' which leads to
- addiction programmed around services (mobile or not);
- planned obsolescence;
- programmed leasing of users as "cash cows";

The worst being: the end of the private sphere;

I hesitated with the title: "Clouds Computing, the cash cow of the computer world ',

But since there is a notion of obsolescence in all of this ... Since the de facto idea of ​​farming produces a permanent programmed obsolescence ...

In fine - if you want to modify - I would say:

Clouds Computing: continual planned obsolescence!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/13, 21:37

= programmed addiction would have been a better title actually ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/13, 21:40

Clouds Computing = Planned obsolescence & addiction

Yes, there it starts to please me. ^^

Since addiction results from "self-frustration / s ..."

Diabolic!

plasmanu wrote:Uh there we approach a purely virtual subject.

You lost your login. No more cloud.
We steal your high-tech gadget. No more cloud.

You put bogus info. Cloud of shit.

But it lets you know what your daughter is installing on her tablet.
Recovering contacts ...
Save your emails. His mms. Sms. App or apk.

It's like facebook after all.
Good and bad.

Me on facebook I have 23years old married and still military.
After will deduce who I am today.

Yes, but that's okay, because statistically you have to represent x% of the people who do that, and that's taken into account!

So in the end, the number of people doing this is not significant.

If you do not want this to happen (and in part it is already there), you should not put your finger in the wheel! Fighting it will be very hard, since it is imposed on us!

Impossible to buy an application without going through the "App-Store" from now on, and as you can only pay via your credit card, you are clearly identified, whereas FB, you can still put what you want .. So that makes a BIG difference!

Because it goes a long way if you look at the CC of Adobe (Photoshop):
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/5/8/A ... otoshop-cc?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/13, 22:04

Well edit and put the 2 ...

Take in the genre "abuse of technology" another example that also uses "could" !!! Crazy the "couldé" calculation of video games that happens there!

http://www.ecrans.fr/Xbox-One-Microsoft ... 16420.html

Xbox One: Microsoft is watching you

(...)

Numerama specifies today that the games will be less beautiful if they are played offline. Or rather, they will be more beautiful if the Xbox is connected. Which comes to the same thing, ultimately. The fault of the 300 servers in the clouds which will not only host online games or downloadable content, but will also serve as remote computing servers. Suddenly, no Internet equals less power, it's as simple as that. Even if delegating part of its graphical calculations can be a good idea, Microsoft clearly seems to be directing its console towards a highly recommended permanent connection. A transition before the first console games fully calculated on the cloud and streamed to your TV?

The second problem, and not the least, is the presence of Kinect. Inseparable from the sale, necessary for lighting the console, the Kinect has done everything to make itself essential. Behind the desire “to address a wider audience [...] to offer enhanced and more precise experiences” that puts forward Chris Lewis, vice president for Europe of Xbox, much less sympathetic reasons have been discovered. Incredibly precise, Microsoft's new camera films in 1080p, records with four microphones, distinguishes up to six people in the same room, especially thanks to facial and voice recognition. We already hear the "If it is, Microsoft will observe us". No no. No "if it is".

01net tells us that Microsoft has already admitted thata part of the images filmed by Kinect was going to be recovered - via the famous Internet connection of this dear Xbox One - in its datacenters to be stored there for three months. All this for "analysis" purposes, to "understand how customers use Kinect" and to be able to "improve performance". In the interest of users, therefore ... Even if other companies may also have access to this data under certain conditions.
(...)

Finally no you can put "Could Computing, 1984 is coming!" : Cheesy: :|
0 x
anigel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by anigel » 12/06/13, 20:01

Hi,

Christophe wrote:Tell me if I like it but the 1st Coulds are the super calculators ... right?

There are several different concepts discussed here. Facebook is a "is the international treasure ": the users themselves provide (and very abundantly ...) details about their private life, which the network operator then tries to monetize (advertising, targeted services, etc.). in the form of a virtual "connection", the tool which absorbs data on the private life of these users. The platform is not very expensive to operate, because the data hosted is mainly in the form of text At worst a few photos, but it's still not very large at the moment.

Google added the cloud to it: remote storage of personal data (with their Google Drive, where you can put anything and everything). They even added operating tools (Google Documents, which brings together simplified "Word" and "Excel"), in the hope that the populace will not even bother to store it at home. In return, exploitation of the content of your documents (and there, it already costs much more). At the same time, Google has developed in mobile platforms, with the avowed objective of exploiting the principle of "leboncoin": targeting ads not only according to the user and his areas of interest, but adding to them. the geographic component: your phone knows where you are, so does Google. So he sends you the ads that are going to get you to the nearby store. There we exploit your privacy, until we know your location in real time. With your tacit consent, that goes without saying (it's so practical to know that the Mac Truc is at minus 50% at 100m: we can afford a bonus ice cream!). Under the guise of making your life easier, we give you information to get you to pay.

Regarding supercomputers, there are relatively few in the world, and dedicated to things that have nothing to do: mostly to scientific research. Google, in comparison, operates computer "farms" quite similar, technically speaking, to what you find in any computer or video game fanatic. It is the multiplication of these machines that provides the power, not the sizing of its computing "nodes".

For the rest, I don't have much to say: most of the people themselves have lost all critical sense: no one seems to be able to do without facebook anymore, we have lots of "friends". We buy a lot of bullshit that we don't need, and we complain about the decline in purchasing power. Who still realizes the price of an apple cell phone? For this price I buy a car ... Note that I have a particular outlook on all this: I am a computer scientist. I don't have a facebook account, nor google stuff nor linkedin. In short, I am not in the matrix. Very few of us have remained outside ...
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"