Select econological printer?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Select econological printer?

by elephant » 28/04/13, 17:58

Although I avoid printing as much as possible, there are times when it is essential: invoices, quotes, accounting listings, work database for my wife's students, etc.

If you had to choose a recent printer, which one would you choose, taking into account the "ink price" criterion?

(because with bobonne who prints photos in A3 for his nursery class, it feels good!)

Basically, the specifications should be:

cartridges that accept to be refilled
not too small, otherwise it's razor sharp
original ink not too expensive anyway
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/04/13, 18:25

it is on that we should only look at the price of the ink ... the price of the printer and derisory 25 euro the S22!

a long time ago I liked the inkjet hewlet packard, at the time of the deskjet 500 and 550, then the 610, there were cartridges easy to refill ... but disaster with the following model ... traps complicating recharging

my current solution: low-end epson style stylus S22 or SX125: separate cartridge for each color, containing only the ink: piezo print head in the machine sufficiently reliable to not have to change with the cartridges, quantity of sufficient ink so as not to appear to be rolled up
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/04/13, 19:38

I just did a google search on the 2 models:

The epson.fr site arrives first, with testimonials.

It's worth it: they are being shot! : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 28/04/13, 19:46

Let's face it, inkjet is shit for the poor.

It's shit because:

- it is slow to start
- it doesn't print quickly
- it prints the text badly (except with solid gold cartridges)
- it prints photos badly (except with cartridges AND solid gold paper)
- the dry ink in the cartridges
- the ink does not dry quickly on the paper and stays on the fingers
- etc

It’s for the poor because:

- It's cheap
- But in fact it's really expensive (like revolving credit) with ink at 1 billion euros per liter ...
- You become a fucking cash cow

So of course I have a laser. Black and white Canon MF4330d.

Disadvantages:

- it's big
- It's in black and white

Advantage:

- It's cheap (150 € the beast, includes the scanner that eats bundles of sheets and outputs a multipage PDF all by itself).
- This one prints quickly and well and starts in 3 seconds
- It is convenient
- The ink does not dry
- The cost per page is much lower than inkjet

Yes, but what about the economic benefits?

Well, it's true that since it prints super fast, we can consume more if we have the easy trigger. But :

- There is the automatic two-sided mode which divides the paper consumption by 2, without the need to be pissed to put the package in the right direction, it is automatic.

- As it prints well and not runny, you can also activate the "2 pages per sheet" mode to divide the paper consumption again by 2 ...

- The multi-page scanner replaced many photocopier letters with emails.

- Paper printed with toner is easily recyclable, unlike paper printed with inkjet:

Even in small amounts, inkjet printed papers can spoil a load of recovered paper dedicated to be recycled for new newsprint or office papers. The current inkjet inks dissolve in the process water and dye it like a red sock (or here black sock) in the white wash. There it is the underwear that turns pink, here the fibers that turn so dark that the paper screened out of this broth will not meet any brightness specification any more.

(http://www.treehugger.com/gadgets/why-p ... rowth.html)

etc.

Otherwise, I tested a color laser at 300 €. The quality for photos is poor, but for documents, that's fine. By cons we really feel that it is the first price in terms of speed, it is very slow. But to print little, it's better than an inkjet: the cartridges do not dry ...

And to print the photos, frankly, there is internet, there are good quality for not expensive at all.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/04/13, 20:10

at home I print very little so the price of the ink is not a problem

with the old packard hewlet it was necessary to print quite often if not clogged cartridge ... I had to refill the cartridges I wasted ink and paper to unclog them ... the quality was good for documents, but a little limited for photo

the more modern hewlet packard with cartridge 27 28 exelente photo quality, but too expensive cartridge too quickly empty, and trap has con to fill them, to fill them anyway you need 3 set of cartridge, after 3 replacement the printer agrees to review the first ... but even by recovering dead cartridges in recycling boxes, it's bad, the cartridges waiting sechent

since I moved to the epson more problem, even if it is not used for several months the first printed sheet is good
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/04/13, 22:57

I have an Epson Aculaser C1100

I am very satisfied with it. B / W and colors very good, even in photos.

On the other hand, it is a little expensive to buy ... and the toners, although economical per sheet, are expensive to replace.
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 28/04/13, 23:21

Remundo / Can you do B&W with your B&W cartridge, and without the mandatory presence of the 3 other color cartridges?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/04/13, 23:56

I do not think that the printer accepts to operate without the presence of CMY toners ...

On the other hand, you can print in monochrome, in the "advanced configuration" printer driver, you can check "automatic monochrome mode".

In fact, I never asked myself the question. I do either black text or color, I don't really like gray levels.

Here is the technical data sheet 01net of the Aculaser C1100
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/13, 09:43

Didn't we already have a similar subject?

I found this but I am not sure that it is the most complete: https://www.econologie.com/forums/exit-le-co ... 10310.html

Otherwise before buying a hi tech product I look at comparisons on the net, 2 links that I like:

1) Digital: http://www.lesnumeriques.com/imprimante ... -a474.html
2) Testfreaks: http://www.testfreaks.fr/imprimante-multifonctions/

I just bought the best of this test: Canon Pixma MG5350

For the moment, it is tip top but obviously too early to have an idea of ​​the price of consumption ...

Anyway, don't dream, if you want to print photos, a personal printer will always be more expensive to use than a photo lab ... (price from 0.15 € / photos ... and less online but I prefers to work with local independent photographers ... where you can also check the quality ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/13, 10:24

BobFuck wrote:So of course I have a laser. Black and white Canon MF4330d.

Please note, laser printing is not that cheap ...

I had a hp laserjet 2840 and the change of all the toners and drum cost several hundred euros ... (close to 300 € jcrois ...)

With the drum, I never managed to print as much as what is given by the "theory"! At best half (8000 to 10 pages instead of the 000 to 15 promised)!

The black toners did not exceed 5000 pages ...

However, it was only "administrative" papers (invoice from the shop, photocopies of the delivery slip ...) never a photo and printing in minimum quality ...
0 x