Battery chargers or USB chargers

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Battery chargers or USB chargers

by futuranat » 16/06/09, 15:39

Hello, I have friends who told me about chargers for usb batteries ... does it work well ?? Does it really save energy? Indeed, if you plug it into your computer then it does not consume more electricity than the computer alone? Or did I understand nothing ?!

:)

Thank you in advance for your answers
0 x
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 16/06/09, 16:22

Hello,

You didn't understand much !!
Whether you plug your battery charger into your computer or directly into the mains, it will consume the power necessary to charge your W1 batteries.
If you plug it into the sector it will consume in addition its yield W2
If you plug it into your USB it will consume more W3 to go from USB to your batteries (efficiency) and in addition to power your USB the power supply of the computer W4.

Still to compare:
W1 + W2 on the one hand
W1 + W3 + W4 on the other hand.
Since we do not know how to make 100% returns all the time, this is the first solution that will win.
In addition attention the current on the USB is limited, so we can not recharge everything by USB !!

Obelix
0 x
In medio stat virtus !!
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 16/06/09, 17:24

+1 obelix

Clearly, it is a scam, everything that consumes current needs current, for any energy expenditure you will have to provide compensation ...

I understand that econology (the store) sells small 12V 5W solar panels that would do your job well, and mine too ...

Meow and welcome to econology.
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

charger

by futuranat » 23/06/09, 15:10

OK, thanks!! I suspected a little that I did not understand much c why I asked :)
so g understood ... I'm going to go to a normal charger, no need to look for an accomplice.
I also said to myself that it was strange that these magazines were not more publicized than that.

see you soon
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/07/09, 10:04

I do not know if you are talking about battery charger or downright this battery that plugged directly into USB.

It was an FBI (false good idea) in my opinion:
- reduced battery capacity
- reduced battery life (no control of the charging current or even of the charge) and the batteries do not charge on 5V (standard USB voltage)

If you want a high performance charger, here is one: https://www.econologie.com/shop/chargeur ... p-186.html
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 07/07/09, 12:44

Hello

I've been eyeing solar chargers for a while, or better, a tri-source of energy, that you sell on the store.

The problem is that I have the impression that none of the three offers recharging batteries in battery format. And it's still a shame, because I use these batteries a lot (coming from the shop elsewhere : Mrgreen: ) for my mp3 and especially my bike lights.

Something that charges the phone, gps, mp3 and batteries, with a solar panel and the possibility of using the sector or the cigarette lighter, it will be the best !!

Is there a solution from the stuff you offer in the Christophe shop?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/07/09, 14:14

Rulian, I tested 2 of this style:

# perfect for use on the campsite or in a place without a power outlet
# the ideal charger for your mobile phone, MP3 player, music player, etc.
# battery charger for 5 batteries type R03 (batteries not incl.)
# LED indication green (charge) and red (battery charged)

In fact it is not too reliable or efficient and as for USB charging: the charging voltage / current is not controlled.

So in the end, I think there are risks of reducing the life of the batteries (these are LR03, small AAA type batteries)

I would say it's good for "off home" use but all year round I don't know ... it makes me want to try a few more tests ... by testing the batteries with the LCD battery charger before /after...

If you want I give you one of the 2 models that I tested, the next time you come to see us. : Idea:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 07/07/09, 14:47

Put the Rocheforts in the fridge : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"