Universal mobile phone charger in Europe

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Universal mobile phone charger in Europe

by Christophe » 30/06/09, 13:51

Frankly if this measure can pretend to be eco-friendly, I am skeptical about this measure which consists in wanting to impose a "universal" charger for all cell phones from 2010.

Reflexions:

a) Laptop manufacturers are unlikely to change their own standards and their tips simply for the European market.

b) And if that was the case: which end to hold?

Hold the micro or mini usb would be maybe not bad (there are already some on some "high end" phone)! In addition, it would make it possible to democratize solar phone chargers.

Ex: https://www.econologie.com/shop/chargeur ... p-282.html

To see the links?

c) the universal phone chargers already exist and are sold cheaper than the unique chargers of the big manufacturers!

d) The margins and therefore the market of the charger sector is extremely juicy for the actors of the telephony, and they know it.

e) The charger is what impact / econological cost in a mobile phone? Maybe we should start using less ... mobile phones ...

In short, a scoop pseudo eco: we are probably taken for hams ... : Cheesy:

New correspondent: https://www.econologie.com/telephonie-mo ... -4094.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/06/09, 14:43

It is a fact that it would sell cheaper phones and facilitate the lives of some families: how many times one of my children forgot his charger in his kot!
And for the holidays, it would be so easy.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/06/09, 14:49

Cheaper? Not so sure...

A charger that is worth no more than 5 € (but sold individually 15 20 €) on a mobile phone 200 € ...

Yes for the "most practical" but for that solutions already exist ... see my previous message!

The problem is that we consume too much GSM!

For my part I'm at 2ieme since 2003 ... and I would not have changed end 2007 if the charger had not just dropped ... and as it was an NEC, it was not found except on ybaiz .. .

In short I am at my 2ieme mobile phone soon 6 years while the average life on the market is 18 months ...

On this point at least, I am impeccable : Cheesy:
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 30/06/09, 15:04

Me too, I'm doing mine..3 ° in 15 years ...

But I think I read somewhere that it was the mini usb that had been selected (some brand already uses it seems to me t it) ...

Meow
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/06/09, 15:07

Waw 5 years by GSM, congratulations!

Micro or mini?

I indicated MICRO in the news that I just wrote: https://www.econologie.com/telephonie-mo ... -4094.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/06/09, 16:06

Each one his philosophy: I have a highly professional use of GSM, attainable 24h / 24 (by contract and legal obligation), except in the shower.
When, after 3 years, the battery flanks, I buy a new, cheap, like that, I leave with 2 years warranty.
Let's not forget that I need the full battery life.

I would really like the charger to be universal, especially it would avoid me to pay 20 euros for the car charger when I change the brand of GSM (essential in my case)

(I think I must be at my 8e since 1995: before I had the phone in the car and a beeper)

Now, if GSM is so cheap now, it's because we sell a lot, it's like computer printers.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/06/09, 16:07

And a simple change of battery is not possible?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/06/09, 16:57

1) it's a question of price ratio

2) What guarantees me that a spare battery has not dragged months into a stock and will last as long as the old one?

So in my highly professional perspective (I also pay to be able to moan :D ), I change. At the extreme, I would not be the opponent of the rental.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 30/06/09, 17:12

Well, I will not give the mark of my last two, by look at the fact that I do not want to do free ads, but the battery usually want as long as the machine ....

and a battery of this brand if you do not use it loses only a few percent on 6 months ... 3 or 4 at my last try!

my previous gsm, it's my brother who still uses it, and he has not changed device, but the battery yes :P

like what to put the price, it's worth the shots sometimes (very often)
As the Baroness interviewed by a journalist said: "my friends, my mother always told me that we could not afford to buy cheap, because it costs too much"

The mobile phone of my brother, is still alive after 7 years of good and very loyal services ...

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/11, 14:35

Ayé left and it will be a MICRO USB:

Soon a single charger for all phones

The first mobiles compatible with the universal charger wanted by Europe are about to be marketed. The European Commission has just presented a prototype of this charger intended to become widespread within two years.

After a year and a half of work, the universal charger for mobile phones is about to become a reality. The European Commissioner for Industry and Business, Antonio Tajani, has just presented a prototype to the public, announcing the imminent marketing of this accessory to become a standard in mobile telephony. It strongly encourages manufacturers to accelerate its adoption in 2011.
This unique charger should work with future compatible mobile phones, regardless of brand. The end of a puzzle for consumers forced to juggle multiple adapters sector, and a measure beneficial to the environment. By changing mobile, users will be able to keep their old charger.

The specifications of this standard initiated by Europe were published in December 2010. Fourteen manufacturers (1), representing around 90% of the market, have committed to respect and to generalize it in certain ranges of mobile phones data. This therefore excludes, at this stage, basic models only for voice communications.
The specifications of this standard were published in December 2010. Fourteen manufacturers, accounting for almost 90% of the market, have committed to respect and extend it in certain ranges of Data mobile phones. This excludes, at this stage, basic models intended for voice communications only.

A standard: the micro-USB

The first compatible mobiles will be marketed in the coming weeks or months, says the European Commission, without further details. They will be equipped with a micro-USB port, according to the European standard, and can be recharged from the USB port of a computer, or the sector through the universal adapter.
The micro-USB connector is already widely present in mobile phones and accessories (music players, cameras, etc.). But these products do not comply with the new European standard, says the Commission, which does not guarantee that they will work safely with the future universal charger.

Brussels estimates, however, that the universal charger will be generalized within two or three years, corresponding to the average renewal period of a telephone for European consumers. In the longer term, the goal is to extend the standard to other product categories, music players, cameras and even laptops. This will however require new developments, these products do not have the same electrical characteristics as phones. In any case, the industry would be ready to play the game. Good news for consumers, and for the environment.

(1) Motorola, LG, Samsung, RIM, Nokia, SonyEricsson, NEC, Apple, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, Emblaze Mobile, Huawei, TCT Mobile, Atmel.

http://www.01net.com/editorial/528044/b ... elephones/
0 x