Charger and recharging for battery type LR6 AA Lithium 3.7V?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

Charger and recharging for battery type LR6 AA Lithium 3.7V?

by Christophe » 11/11/10, 11:41

We bought a mini pocket camera (guess why :D ):

The fact is that it is powered by 2 round 3.7V lithium batteries (connected in parallel for info) type LR6 (same size and format as nimh nicd batteries therefore).

power supply: 5VDC from USB cable and 2 lithium batteries (3.7V) (incl.)

I can only recharge recharging by plugging a USB cable into it (I have an AC adapter so no computer needed but still annoying ...)

I would just have liked to know if there existed, apart from a hyper specialized product (therefore expensive), model makers, round lithium battery chargers and if possible who would do nimh too?

Also, silly question: how to differentiate a non-rechargeable lithium battery from a rechargeable lithium battery? : Lol:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/10, 13:37

how to differentiate a non-rechargeable lithium battery from a rechargeable lithium battery?

If in principle non-rechargeable, but if it is nevertheless recharged (even the alkalines are recharged) gently by force (low current), there is a partial recharge, of unsatisfactory capacity, and if we charge free, it explodes much earlier than a rechargeable !!!

I detonated alkaline batteries as well R20 as well (it is better to be elsewhere) !!!

The watch batteries are recharged a bit to work for a while again.

Otherwise, the difference is hardly visible, and I suspect Chinese for cheap to pass on non-rechargeable for sometimes rechargeable, as cheap lamps with manual dynamo !!
Their number of refills and their tumbling capacity is ridiculous sometimes !!

To recharge there are special integrated circuits and on the data sheet full of information (microcheap, linear, national semicondutor, etc.)

Otherwise on USB I have the impression to check that there is not much fixed 5V and resistance limiting the current (or transistor debitant constant current weak to measure).
type USB on google or USB pile or USB NiMH to see info !!
http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/usb_charger.html
constant current category with thermistor to limit if heating which ends in explosion !!
An ordinary diode well mounted is as well a T sensor with an additional amplifier !!
This assembly looks very serious and usable for other voltages and currents by changing the resistances !!
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/lit ... /14940.pdf
http://www.powerdesignindia.co.in/STATI ... S=DOWNLOAD
QED.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 11/11/10, 16:26

Sorry, but alkaline batteries are not recharging ...
The chemical reaction inside is not reversible (no need to develop it here).
If we try to do it, they heat up ... and even explode.
Hence the impression of a temporary recharge, same result if they are placed on a central heating radiator (hot).

The question was how to recognize two types of batteries ... without exploding them!

: Cheesy:

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 11/11/10, 17:25

Hi tophe :D

I do not have an answer to this question, but I put my grain of salt, to say that it is of the greatest interest.
On this subject, has anyone already done an in-depth study of the question of rechargeable or non-rechargeable "batteries"?
It would be an interesting subject ...

Greetings from the waking cat :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/10, 17:50

alkaline batteries do not charge.

having had concrete experience in the past, they recharge a little (low current for low use but not zero.
The reaction has a certain reversibility, more than for manganese carbon zinc.
And to make them explode, big quality R20, you really have to insist on forgetting them under recharging days with heat waves !!
So the safest way to know is to see the capacity level after long recharging at low current (by measuring the voltages and the temperature) !! (protecting yourself from the explosion in a metal box or safe if large capacity).
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/10, 17:52

I add that I recharged on watch batteries and car keys not so bad, troubleshoots well (more than 1 / 10th) while waiting to find the right battery !!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/11/10, 18:03

the problem with lithium batteries is that it is necessary to precisely limit the charging voltage:
voltage too low = never fully charged
voltage too high = boil the battery

problem the voltage is not exactly the same depending on the model: impossible to make a good universal charger for lithium

when you charge with the USB socket I hope there is a good charging circuit in the device suitable for your lithium batteries

another important point, lithium batteries do not support a full charge, and the destruction of the low voltage battery is even more serious than for lead: hence the disaster of lithium batteries in dynamo lamps which have neither load limiter or discharge limiter
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/10, 18:11

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/10, 18:16

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/10, 18:22

The miraculous craft:
http://www.toutallantvert.com/batboosto ... p-572.html
Big doubts, no better than max fixed voltage and high recharging resistance at low current ?????? !!
0 x