ROI calculation of a CFL or LED

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 17:05

Additions of the day:

a) CO2 equivalence according to your Country (main countries of the EU)
b) equivalence in liters of petroleum fuel NOT burned, that is, saved for something else by bulb

I reminded the link:
profitability calculator of a neon bulb
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 17:14

A small example with our data:

Your turn now! :)
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 13/03/08, 18:27

Congratulations Christophe :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/09, 16:32

Here is a flash version in beta version of this calculator: https://www.econologie.com/calculateur-ampoules.html

Any comments are welcome. Thank you.

Other calculators will follow! Thank you PP !!
0 x
e-conologue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by e-conologue » 22/01/09, 14:46

Idea interesting to take stock but, as is often the case with these tools on the internet, it seems to me that you forget to explain the basics of your calculations.

In any case I have a doubt about this validity because it does not seem to take into account the duration of each lighting period.

When we say "up to 80% savings", what exactly does that mean? I always get overly suspicious when I see the "to" and "from" clauses. It always hides a more expensive truth.

Specifically, fluocompacts consume 80% less when they are permanently lit. Like all fluorescent lamps, they take a lot of energy to light up, it is once illuminated that they become more interesting.

So, if we have to replace all the incandescent ampules with fluos, it's much less interesting than we can believe with your calculator.

Escallier lighting remains on for less than a minute in general. Of which much higher consumption than the famous 80%. What must be kept in our computations of ecomonies.

I have no reference to propose but I have learned that fluos are more economical in electricity from min 20 lighting. So more energivorous if you turn them on for short intervals.

Secondary arguement, knows very well the fuzz is long to light. So what is the point of putting them in a stairway or corridor? We risk falling on the stairs or we end up letting all the evening light or when we need them. Where does the economy come from?

In short, it is an unavoidable factor to make the calculations that you propose here, if it must have a validity in the life and the real consumptions.

Could you explain the percentage of economy presumed in your calculator? Is it a fixed percentage?

Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/09, 15:13

1) There is however a link on the calculator that points to some explanations: https://www.econologie.com/rentabilite-e ... -3639.html

The lighting periods have nothing to do with this calculation (well not directly), what matters is the actual life of use, that is to say the capacity of the economic bulb to be reliable and there I confess that it is the only parameter which is subject to caution!

When we see that 1er price (2 or 3 € coin) bulbs do not make 2h month to 1h per day while they are given for 6000h it is the limit (pkoi limit?) Of the fraud!

That's what this calculator also wants to show: buying money is the worst profitability ... and quality is like everywhere, it pays ...

That's why we work almost exclusively with Megaman bulbs Ingenium: These are the 1ere bulbs of the market to have passed the 15 000h bar and are insensitive to ON / OFF ...

2)
Like all fluorescent lamps, they take a lot of energy to light up, it is once illuminated that they become more interesting.

: Shock: : Shock: False truth or intox? Where does this false claim come from? Of measurements that you carried out or of "one says" which are spread on the net?

A fluo does not consume more at startup, it consumes even less during the warm-up period ...

So for the 20 minutes it's really but then really pipo ... except with the fluorescent bulb 1ere generation responsive to ON / OFF repeated dividing their life. This is always the case for 1er bulbs price quoted above ...

3) For stairwells, there are now bulbs quality LED, measure in image here and in a staircase precisely: https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-compa ... t6649.html
0 x
e-conologue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by e-conologue » 22/01/09, 17:00

thank you for these explanations.

it is true that the LEDs might be more suitable than fluo to the passage areas but they are their own disadvienient to have a very reduced stream.

As I said that I have no reference on the conso that you say "intox", I will research the subject. Do you have a reference that deals with the energy needed for cold ignition?

I studied fluorescent physics and it takes a very high voltage to make the initial arc. This is the function of the "flashing" box in classic fluo. It is surely done by electronics in the compact but the physics remains the same.

The comparison is very useful. It is true that the cheap, like the useful electric cheap, do not make economy.

Even some good brands are not over. Two years ago I invested 15euros (!) In a compact of good brand (Philips memory) because she wore a warranty 5ans. It lasted 15 months! I brought him back to Leyrois Merlin who reimbursed me without difficulty.

15e / 15m = 2e / 2m : Evil:

I went back to the shelves but there is more with a guarantor than any other. I took an incandescent.

I am afraid that the dictatorship of the EC on the removal of incandescent rather aims to revive the economy than save the planet.

A pair of 100W incandescent makes me mean 2x3mois for 0.80euros. If the lighting must cost 1euros / month for ampules we have already emerged from the crisis! Consumption is restarted!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/09, 17:28

econologue wrote:As I said that I have no reference on the conso that you say "intox", I will research the subject. Do you have a reference that deals with the energy needed for cold ignition?

Yes, the measures we did together on this forum... never found that cold consumption was higher! All these topics are here: electricity-electronics-IT /

So overconsumption at startup is a legend like the one on neon lights! I was already pissed off against a forumscientist who said it was better to let neon lights during a pause of 15 minutes rather than cut them: if it was really the case a neon of 36 W would consume on ignition, say during 2 seconds a power of: 36 * 60 * 5 / 2 = 5400 W (and all the fuses that crament) !!! Ridiculous...

econologue wrote:I studied fluorescent physics and it takes a very high voltage to make the initial arc. This is the function of the "flashing" box in classic fluo. It is surely done by electronics in the compact but the physics remains the same.

Yes and? High voltage does not mean high energy ...

You can take 20 000 Volt without any damage if you have no amperage ... you can die with 200 Volt if you have a strong amperage ...

econologue wrote:Even some good brands are not over. Two years ago I invested 15euros (!) In a compact of good brand (Philips memory) because she wore a warranty 5ans. It lasted 15 months! I brought him back to Leyrois Merlin who reimbursed me without difficulty.

The same for us: the Megaman are guaranteed 2 years, I'm not sure that LM will have refunded after 2 years (especially if you have not kept the box: long-term warranties are often managed by the manufacturer itself ) ... but we have already found that, coincidentally, during the stormy summer period there was more return ... it should be EdF to repay ... not Megaman ...

econologue wrote:15e / 15m = 2e / 2m : Evil:

Sorry?

econologue wrote:I am afraid that the dictatorship of the EC on the removal of incandescent rather aims to revive the economy than save the planet.

Me I fear that it arrives bcp of Chinese MERDES on the market by some opportunist importers ... with recycling problem (the Chinese shit it is with us that it pollutes) ...

econologue wrote:A pair of 100W incandescent makes me mean 2x3mois for 0.80euros. If the lighting must cost 1euros / month for ampules we have already emerged from the crisis! Consumption is restarted!

Ben is simple: the more your fluorescent bulb is powerful, the more it is profitable (and the better is its lighting output but that's another story).
0 x
e-conologue
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by e-conologue » 22/01/09, 18:51

Yes, the measures we did together on this forum... never found that cold consumption was higher! All these topics are here: electricity-electronics-IT /

c) measurements taken after 2 minutes of "warm-up time" (but the consumptions ultimately vary when the bulb is hot, 10 to 15% maximum)

therefore your test protocol will specifically exclude that you will notice such an effect. It is true that "we have never noticed that when cold the consumption is higher", you will not see. This is far from saying that this effect does not exist.

I do not go to polemate the top, I find your test not bad, I simply note that you would not have seen with these tests.

It would be interesting to do a cold start is to note the energy all 10s, eg. A graphic of the first minutes could be something to lift.

Make the voltage / current phase more likely to vary in the first phase.

15e / 15m = 2e / 2m
Good brand has 15 euros which lasts 15 month equals shit of chiois that lasts 2 months. kif-kif.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/09, 19:02

1) This is what we do but not noted because not significant! That's all...It's BIG pipo this overconsumption !! Only the cos phi is actually lower cold but it is NOT overconsumption ...

Now free to you to buy a wattmeter powermeter231 and to do the tests by you even if ours do not like you !! :frown:

2) kif-kif you say? : Shock: And the environment (recycling) does not count for you?

I think you do not deserve your nickname actually ... because I think you is not a éconologue ... :|
0 x