LED Bulbs: actual consumption and trials

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by izentrop » 20/06/16, 13:11

Christophe wrote:
Targol wrote:But how far will your altruism go, Christophe? : Lol:

Uh to my grave ... must have some martyrs and vigilantes (not masked) to put a little order in this world of shit no? : Mrgreen: Jrigole of course ... (though) ...

ps for Delnoram (if you pass here) : did you start measuring your LED bulbs with your pm230? I hate to see if it's mine that are really nil or if this overcon is general on leds bulbs ...

Hello,
I would like to quote this message from the first page of this topic started in 2006, because I also have this energy meter PM230 and I just bought this one on sale to test http://shaddack.twibright.com/projects/ ... meterhack/

The PM230 does not give the right power rating when it comes to capacitive power devices like most low power 230 V ~ leds.
I have not read all the pages of this topic, so I think you already knew

Comparative measurements in Watts:
Measured circuit - PM230 - Fh9999
Led 6W - 10.8 - 6
led 7.5 W - 10.7 - 7 (varies between 7 and 8, normal no digits after the decimal point)
Electronic programmable socket - 8.4 - 0 (normal, consumes only a few milliwatts)

I can finally trust an energy meter : Wink:

Too bad the characteristics of these products do not mention their ability to capacitive power circuits, but it must be assumed that current products are compatible.
0 x
Christophe

Re: LED bulbs: actual consumption and tests

by Christophe » 20/06/16, 13:19

The PM230 does not exist any more since a moment (2010 or 2011) ... yes below 5W it inflated the measures that had been noticed above.

The one you are testing is a Chinese model that was proposed by Velleman a moment, in my opinion it is less precise than the PM231 ... at least in its initial configuration ... hacking is good but it's not is not accessible to everyone.

I have a model of each if you want to compare?

Otherwise yes it is time to close this subject which is too old (the LEDs have evolved since ... much more than counters)
0 x