LED Bulbs: actual consumption and trials

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 31/03/10, 00:05

Christophe wrote:Well ... You know what you have to do ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
: Arrow: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90 : arrowl
:? You know my point of view ... I'm looking real INNOVATIVE lighting
that would allow me to enjoy ALL the ADVANTAGES of LED technology:
    - Instant start
    - Long life
    - Low power consumption
    - Congestion, particularly at depth reduced 10 or maxi 15mm...
I regret that the current production strives to produce poor LED lighting, but especially to integrate
in bases with outdated standards because they belong to the previous technology, in the name of "COMPATIBILITY". : Evil:

The only consistency I want is to have operating lights 240V AC, for failing to equip me for bulky transformers, expensive and polluting light points on each ...
: Idea: : Idea:
Again, not touver relevant offers ... : Cry:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/03/10, 01:04

LED lights on the website econology have very large heat sinks and developed radiators that have no other lights in supermarkets. This is enough to improve their reliability.
But their aesthetics are different from incandescent lamps!
Moreover, they have one or 3 LEDs and thus 220V they have a switching power supply unlike those in 21 LEDs in series with a capacity and a diode as feed !!
Serial LEDs have a fragility that the voltage variations of these LEDs can lead to some LED undergoing a bit too high tension reducing lifetime?

Moreover econolgie returns to the site Luxeon, but it is not clearly referenced the econology lamps with the impression that new models are recommended !!

Luxeon provides the basic LEDs and the manufacturers mount the systems with, so it is impossible to know the Luxeon references of LED lamps sold by econology.
Finally take the LED accelerated aging overvoltage as in lightning, even very short.
I also think it is good to put a hold on lightning-varistor, which limits any overvoltage.
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 31/03/10, 02:28

Congestion, particularly at depth reduced 10 or 15mm maxi ...

So a little patience, OLEDs are expected to come on the market end of the year
http://www.tsr.ch/tsr/index.html?siteSect=311201&storyId=11753347
For the hurry, see the last topic in the scrolling banner.
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/03/10, 15:15

citro wrote:in bases with outdated standards because they belong to the previous technology, in the name of "COMPATIBILITY". : Evil:

The only consistency I want is to have operating lights 240V AC, for failing to equip me for bulky transformers, expensive and polluting light points on each ...
: Idea: : Idea:
Again, not touver relevant offers ... : Cry:

: Cry: ???? You do not talk too fast just to criticize ???? : Cry:

A) Open your eyes ... stp are plenty of models GU10 therefore 240V AC directly ... and 2 models E14 or E27 ...
https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90

And the GU10 is still very sold ...

B) Dimensions: mm = 50 100% identical to GU10 or halogen MR16

C) All have an aluminum body which makes heatsink as well deldelco precise ...

D) They are Luxeon assembly under license, it is normal that the official website of Luxeon can present all Luxeon-based products in the market are so many ...

ps: no offense to Citro, the 12V remains essential in bathrooms in the "red zone" ... even in new!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 31/03/10, 22:18

220v or 12 volt does not change the problem: the LEDs can not work at constant voltage: a LED that works well at 3.2v will be completely extinguished at 3.1v and will consume a huge current at 3.3v and will burn very quickly

the LEDs must be supplied with constant current

it is necessary therefore a trick to convert the constant voltage available in constant current adapted to the led

the decoupage feeds are good in yield, and can be good in life if the quality is sufficient: it can be catastrophic if the quality does not follow

a method alas current reguler for the current series is the capacitor: it looks like the principle choke in series with the fluorescent tube (sweep): it is very well 50hz, but alas there is often a parasitic upper frequency the self stops while the capacitor instead passes the higher frequency more easily than 50hz: put an anti surge limiter is useless: the parasite frequency elevé low voltage even spend too much in the capacitor and pain the led: I think this is the main problem which sometimes lasted very bad life has led 220v lamps

the current regulation by self is much more about: ca stopped elevé any frequency, and low frequency disturbance does not exist

has put a self tans, as do a self transformer has integrated for a regulation both current and insulation to run the low voltage LED without insulation and safety precaution

some say the self (sweep) fluorescent tube heat: it's true when it's bad, but by causing a much bigger ca can be very good

so you need current regulator Tranfo, separated from the LED lighting: the LED lighting to have a minimum space, the transformer will be a thing lasted almost eternal life and a very good performance
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 01/04/10, 00:00

Christophe wrote:: Cry: ???? You do not talk too fast just to criticize ???? : Cry:

A) Open your eyes ... stp are plenty of models GU10 therefore 240V AC directly ... and 2 models E14 or E27 ...
https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90
:? Yeah, I wonder if I should not start a withdrawal cure at forums, I can't stop pecking me. (and it leads to nothing) :?

For GU10 and others, they are deep, this is what I regret where my research on rare yet pellets: the GX53.
:?

However, LED, a cap is no longer justified in the light, as the light source in a lifetime equivalent to the light ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/10, 14:37

citro wrote:: arrow: I am always looking for "flat" led light sources to replace incandescent bulbs in luminaires that cannot accommodate compact fluorescents (length and diameter too large).

I do not find the sockets and bulbs GX53 at satisfactory rates.

Citro Hi, I unearths about this because we just go to the store (finally!) A flat bulb GX53 within 10 €

Is satisfactory after your criteria?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 31/12/10, 01:10

My problem is a modification of lumiaires equipped with incandescent bulbs E14.
For reasons of space and common sense ("window" type luminaires), the GX53 standard seems the most logical to me.
To equip myself, I need lamps and sockets.
I have so far found that socket over € 5 correspondence.

So I need the "package" if the overall price is correct.
Given the criticisms of Mrs. and children, I would start with one set + bulb socket.
I'm a little scared, they think the power of 40W low compared to the current incandescent 40W. On the other hand, you propose a model with quick ignition, INDISPENSABLE (use in parts of passage) if it does not alter longevity ...

In short, I tate me because I feel like LED and starts talking about LED 10 to 50W ...
Last edited by I Citro the 23 / 01 / 11, 00: 06, 2 edited once.
0 x
carb0ne14
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by carb0ne14 » 22/01/11, 03:30

Hello to you,

you are going to make fun of the old architect's house that I am! : Oops: :?

I just bought at bed wingA ceiling lighting fixture on foot 56 12 power LED reading light with LEDs next generation or 68 LEDs for € 80 well I can tell you that the ceiling lighting is ample for the atmosphere and the reading light is widely illuminating.
All for less than 10 w .... and a tiny external process of 240V output 24 0.65 VDC and A ... : Lol:
That is the demand of the people ! more? ... I chose this lamp for its aesthetic is very design. : Lol:
If we do this little calculation which is not even learned to Marseille (while noting that at full speed - test 4 hours - the transformer is cold so the intensity (at random but rest assured I'll check. scientifriquement ..!) must not exceed 400mA / h, LED s slightly warm (this is especially not good for them boil an egg!) it gives x 0.4 24 9,6 Vcc = W / h ... must qd same not make any cheese! .. no?
Besides, believe me, it was to replace a halogen 500 W up to drive without reading light and my eyes in p.ne hole because I paid very low drive for not spending too much 'energy.: Cheesy:

All that has been said is just ... it depends on where you put the bulbs, how much, in what we put them and the lighting is desired, both in atmosphere and direction to ... times, this is art. : Lol:
The technical details? (Although I have a powerful light meter that allows me to do forensic examinations especially in the tertiary and industrial) and well! I leave that to the experts nitpicking 1 / 4 wadding, pignoleurs to the conso miliwatesque!

I'm doing calculations at random and I speculate a max!

historical small:

1) incandescence was 40 60 W to W or 80 / 100 W farting all to 1 2 years max.
2) halogens vary from 20 W / 12V for desktop lamps 500 W / V 220 for pedestal washbasins through the 150 250 W and W which get cooked every year (if not less)
3) low conso (fluo = toxic and ozone layer grinder ... to shorten) 7.5 W to 36 W that last 3 years max.
4) LED bulbs 4 8 W (instead of 1,5 3 to W announced) not enough perspective .. but 2 years and not one of flinguée.

I do not speak of the optical fiber which is a real dust mrede .. crappy lighting, heating generator, prohibitively expensive ... Anyway! everything is there for you in disgust.

My multi-decennial experience (pifométrique measures but measures still with voltmeter / ammeter / light meter and everything):

Well, compared to incandescence by installing low conso in my house made me earn half (this is a minimum) of my bill lighting.

Now I put LEDs everywhere (almost) since 2 years and ... it works (very few LED bullshit .. in fact one ... upon receipt of among Chinese who have not hesitated to me change it), well there? .. I still divides the notes 2!
Good! ... Not quite ... because I took the opportunity to add some ... history liven the atmosphere, rather than keeping the POV of 18 W fluorescent loupiote alone in the middle of the ceiling and the 2 7.5 to apply sickly W swaying after them over!

Y still no picture for the LED! No ? : Lol:

In addition, I "speculate" on the fact that not only will these products improve technically each year that comes (just see when this tutorial was initiated!), But above all that they will drop in price.
As a replacement (if something goes wrong or not) does not scare me at all! Sorry!
Hold ! is it in Hâle10
http://www.aldi.fr/OFFER_F_MI/OFFER_03/OFF13.SHTML

Small precision profile: 35 years ago I had with my exterior lighting and garden with toroidal transformers and 120 w jalopy lights (I was young penniless ... that forge the individual and .. I even was recovering grilled stop flashing bulbs with integrated filament, like I change very little I do not remember if the pilot .. me finally!) ...
Incredible longevity compared to halogen 500w PER 150 w of the time ... well ... let 3 or 4 years Min! It still works perfectly.

Conso? .. do the math yourself, the transformers cashing blithely 140 W without moufeter since 35 years!
Warning: although some oversights or teufs the meter was rotated for one or more nights I had to change some more inevitable rapidement..c'est. Uh ... € 1,30 2 in the Carrouf ? .. It does! .. No?. Good! it is not reasonable ... 2 or 3 hours / day ç'est well enough.

I also installed some halogen 220v of 250W ... CATA! .. It should be changed every 8 months, even before when it was badly made! They went in the trash.

Also, LED luminions with solar charging ... the Mrede! 2 with NiMh batteries of 600mA I replaced with 2,5 A ... it allowed me to add a LED power thing ... but hey! .. it's not that! It's good to mark a path but no more.

Precisely at the moment (that's what made me fall on this excellent Tuto), I take care of an illuminated entry / hallway and staircase in an old cage immmeuble of 5 floors (60w lamps that let go all the time because of the timer) and the electricity is not consistent at all. Well, I can tell you we will replace them with LEDs.
Yes! ... I push open doors. : Oops:

Now ! Sorry to have shocked you but, to be honest with you, I recognize that you ask the right questions and that thanks to people like you, who do serious and well explained tests, I really enjoyed myself during 3 h to read the posts.
Well .. thanks to you, I say, manufacturers will undeniably great progress.

So THANK 1000 time to you for this tutorial very helpful to the responsible consumer (at least of his own pocket HiHi: lol:) I am.
And especially a big thank you for sharing your thoughts and anxieties of enlightened scientists (mrede j'voulais ... not ... do that!)! ... : Oops:

Continue !: lol:

PS. sorry to have been so talkative ... but I think I have given a point of view that maybe some people share.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/01/11, 16:32

Thank you also for sharing this very long original experience and we are interested in more useful details, even old experiences.

Strongly agree LEDs without the mercury in each fluorescent 4mg, which will end up being too much in the environment, and we need the LEDs are resistant to 50000 80000h announced with more controls and information from manufacturers about their characteristics, airy, good light, etc .. !!
0 x