LED bulbs: tests and tests, pay attention to the results!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Jack 74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jack 74 » 28/04/09, 17:17

Christophe wrote:a) Osram has relocated everything to China or almost ... but it is sure that the design is of better quality than Sino-Chinese

b) Shipping costs bother you, ok! But then how are you going to buy from your local store? By bus? By car?

Do you count the hours saved to order on the net? In 5 minutes your order can be paid.

And home delivery ... that also counts as a "plus" ...

Incidentally it also brings this site and the forums, instead of supporting mass distribution ...

And finally, the shipping costs are offered from 120 € of purchase: do you know many real stores that reimburse you for your travel costs?

In short, lots of aspects that should perhaps be taken into account before saying basically "to save shipping costs" ...

Uh memory Luxéon it is a brand (Philips if I'm not mistaken) according to you it manufactures or? : Shock:

Hey vi in ​​China too !!
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 28/04/09, 19:01

jack 74 wrote: Uh memory Luxéon it is a brand (Philips if I'm not mistaken) according to you it manufactures or? : Shock:

Hey vi in ​​China too !!

I admit that I do not understand the relationship between the remark and the quote, unless you are a stakeholder in osram and you want to rebalance with the competition? :D
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Jack 74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jack 74 » 29/04/09, 09:39

No i'm not at osram

I am indeed a pro. of LEDs, it is simply to indicate that even the largest French distributor has them manufactured in Asia despite all the claims found on the forums : Cheesy:

In addition they are far from being the most efficient ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 09:47

I never said the opposite, but you should not confuse a Sino-Chinese product (rather crappy production on "average" and at all levels but it is improving quickly!) And a product from a European brand whose manufacturing is outsourced to China ... or Asia if you prefer ...

In the 2nd case a "quality specification" is ensured ... not in the 1st ...

In 2006, I bought Chinese Sino LEDs that kept me there for 10 hours !!! : Evil:

I simply answered those who still believed that a majority of Osram products (or Philips for that matter) were still produced in Europe ...
0 x
Jack 74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jack 74 » 29/04/09, 10:41

I totally agree with you for having tested dozens

When we see that some announces lifespans of 50 to 000 hours : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: what's left in% of illumination ????
All of this should be normalized quickly

cordially

Jacks
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 10:45

Yes for the standard ... it could not pass a "moralization of commercial techniques" but I dream a little I think ...

Are the LEDs losing their light intensity? I knew it for the fluorescent lights but not for the LEDs ... :?:

Do you have a doc on it?
0 x
Jack 74
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jack 74 » 29/04/09, 11:04

Ah ah a doc on the lifespan of LEDs : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

not to my knowledge ...

but to spread yourself :D I work with Cree and Edison life expectancy 10 000 h. it is an internal value at our company.
at 10 h. we have lost 000 to 5% of lighting power
the whole thing is to know how much we put the threshold !!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 11:25

Well I think we have to distinguish 2 things:

a) the lifetime of the led (the component)
b) the lifetime of the bulb (ie the led + the current transformation circuit) necessarily less than a)

From this, I think that the led bulbs in low voltage MR16, MR11 ... thus have a longer lifespan because the current transformation is less "heavy".

10h AC is still low for electronic components (if well cooled ...) ... An AC TV has what lifespan?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/04/09, 11:48

Most electronic components live 50 to 100.000 hours. I know alarm systems, continuously powered, 24 hours a day that have been operating since 24, that is to say more than 1980 hours of service.
Of course, they start to break down. ( finally ! : Mrgreen: )
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/04/09, 21:14

elephant wrote:I know alarm systems, continuously powered, 24 hours a day that have been operating since 24, that is to say more than 1980 hours of service.
Of course, they start to break down. ( finally ! : Mrgreen: )

Yes, you could tell us what actually breaks down. :?:
- Relay.
- Transformers.
- Condos
- Transistors.
- THIS
:?: :?: :?: :?:
0 x