Automatic power off of LED ramps:

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 21/10/14, 18:18

Obamot wrote:Because to my knowledge, if you have a power supply that allows a current consumption of up to 105 watts / h., I don't see what would prevent it from going down to 10 watts / h.? If you have a 10 watt LED, it will give you less amperage.

It's also what I thought when I bought the LEDs. But I had a bad surprise to see that it did not work like that. It is also to try to understand that I opened the thread.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 21/10/14, 18:31

Obamot wrote:Because to my knowledge, if you have a power supply that allows power consumption up to 105 watts / h., I do not see what would prevent it from going down to 10 watts / h.?
This would be true for a power supply with a transformer, but most power supplies are now switched and to stabilize the output voltage, they need a minimum current, otherwise the output voltage increases and, if the power is good done, it is safe (if it is poorly done, it burns the load).
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/10/14, 21:50

Ah yes, the power supply that I had yet listed, what a donkey.

Thanks for the reply Gaston. At least now I understand why.
0 x