Information request on illumination

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Information request on illumination

by gilgamesh » 27/09/07, 19:10

I would love to receive some indications or advice on lighting. It must be said that I hate fluorescent light and also most of the economical bulbs because they have a very ugly and unpleasant light flow and fluorescent it tires me enormously and I do not know why but I have found it many times. I use normal 100 watt transparent bulbs and I really like this light precisely because it is a warm and pleasant light even if it is not eco-friendly. Are there any econo alternatives that have a suportable light? How can we find out about the light spectrum of a certain model of lamp?
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 28/09/07, 00:40

What bothers you with fluorescent lights is the fact that their light "oscillates" at the frequency of the network?

With an incandescent bulb this is less the case because of the thermal inertia of the filament.
0 x
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 28/09/07, 01:30

Hello,

indeed when I speak of fluorescent I am referring to neon - the tubes. I tried the E 27 warm / white 23 W from philips and the light is good, but after all the discussion on the subject I no longer understand if they are really economical. In reality the lamp heats a lot and I do not quite understand where all this heat comes from with 23Watt only. Is there any information on the actual consumption of E 27?
0 x

gilgamesh
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 28/09/07, 10:12

I do not know the lamp that you name, but I am convinced that it heats much less than your incandescent lamp of 100W ...

Otherwise you can also try the LED lamps (those recommended by econology have had their consumption verified).

Personally I tested the warm light in my toilet and on a desk lamp (https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule-a-led-edison-sirius-2-en-e27-couleur-chaude-p-62.html) and I find it very good.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 28/09/07, 17:17

gilgamesh wrote:Hello,

indeed when I speak of fluorescent I am referring to neon - the tubes. I tried the E 27 warm / white 23 W from philips and the light is good, but after all the discussion on the subject I no longer understand if they are really economical. In reality the lamp heats a lot and I do not quite understand where all this heat comes from with 23Watt only. Is there any information on the actual consumption of E 27?

A fluorescent lamp heats up, but little compared to a filament lamp, even when lit for a long time, you can touch them without risk of burning yourself.
23 Watt is roughly the consumption of a soldering iron for electronics and there we must avoid touching the tip.

Yes they are economical from the point of view of consumption and the values ​​given rather good, except as regards the comparison with the filament bulbs where it is necessary to multiply by 3 instead of 5 to be sure not to under light.

The more the bulb has a low consumption value, the less its “consumption / light produced” ratio will be good.

For warm color, prefer bulbs given at 2700 ° k

Finally, the fluorescent bulbs take a few minutes to reach their maximum speed, so avoid in places that are lighted only a short time.
Last edited by delnoram the 28 / 09 / 07, 20: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/09/07, 18:10

There are also "natural color" fluorescent bulbs which have a spectrum close to that of the sun, ie very white.

In terms of effect, putting a bulb of this type in a corridor without a window is a bit like putting a skylight ... obviously lit by the Sun.

For work it's the best (less tiring white light) but for living rooms like the living room it's a little "too" white (6500 ° K anyway)

Here is a model:
https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule- ... -p-89.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/09/07, 19:22

"luxury" tubes are much more pleasant: try for example Philips 833 or 834, there is a world compared to "white 33". It's more expensive, but it's worth it. Buy if possible from an electrician wholesaler, pcq the "bricos" take advantage of the misery of the poor people.

To illuminate a large space, for example a desk, a commercial area or a workshop, a very good solution is to rewire multiple devices in three-phase, which considerably reduces the blinking effect. Do not forget about the phi cosine correction capacitors. (individual or in battery)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 28/09/07, 20:35

Good evening,

thank you for your kind answers - i think i will find solutions with your directions! 8)
0 x

gilgamesh