What E14 Energy Saving Lamp for a Corridor?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/07, 22:59

Christopher said:

Elephant I really do not see how your solutions are "ecological".

Of two things:

or the lighting of the corridor of our friend is arch zero in terms of consumption and I am making an improvement while maintaining a suitable luminous flux unless he particularly appreciates the glaucous ambiences a la Marcel Carné, 50s

or the lighting was already satisfactory, in which case I invite him to concentrate his efforts and his money on other more profitable positions.

I am sorry, but the field of application of the "eco" lamps is limited and they do not reach the output of a good old fluorescent with armature, ballast and all and all ..., in particular pcq part of the flow is loses in the lamp. With a tube, you can put a reflector (which can be the ceiling itself) to make the most of the flow of the lamp.

(it is the son of the guy who developed the TL street lighting tube that lights up at -20 ° C in 1948 who tells you)

as for led's lamps, I think the debate on their real performance is still open, you are well placed to know.

energy savings: yes
flow reduction: no!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/07, 23:14

elephant wrote:I am sorry, but the field of application of the "eco" lamps is limited and they do not reach the output of a good old fluorescent with armature, ballast and all and all ..., in particular pcq part of the flow is loses in the lamp. With a tube, you can put a reflector (which can be the ceiling itself) to make the most of the flow of the lamp.

1) I do not agree with you at all ... a neon consumes exactly the same thing as a fluorescent (all inclusive ...) Besides a tube sold for 36 W consumes more than 40 ( see 45) in operation ... Delnoram even showed that by changing the original condo we could reduce this overconsumption ...

2) neon lights are always white (or so super expensive)

3) flexibility and shapes are very limited ...

4) the installation is still bcp more painful than a simple E14 or E27 ...
0 x
Mettero
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mettero » 25/01/07, 23:34

Anyway, neon lights is not possible, it's a beautiful corridor with madura lamps, lampshades, in short nothing that makes anything other than an E14 or E27 possible
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/01/07, 23:35

E27? Did I think it was possible? : Shock:
0 x
Mettero
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mettero » 25/01/07, 23:41

Christophe wrote:E27? Did I think it was possible? : Shock:

Well you are right because here it is E14 :D
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/01/07, 08:08

christophe wrote:

1) I do not agree with you at all ... a neon consumes exactly the same thing as a fluorescent (all inclusive ...) Besides a tube sold for 36 W consumes more than 40 ( see 45) in operation ... Delnoram even showed that by changing the original condo we could reduce this overconsumption ...

2) neon lights are always white (or so super expensive)

3) flexibility and shapes are very limited ...

4) the installation is still bcp more painful than a simple E14 or E27 ...

Elephant answers:

1) I talked about yield, the goal is to make light, not to radinate

2) the spectrum of a Philips 833 or 834 is very pleasant, the whole thing being knowing how to choose its supplier: finally going from 2,50 euros to 5 euros for 6000 hours very acceptable

3) there okay

4) there are installers ... :D

that said, I totally agree that eco lamps are a back-up solution for using old devices where long periods of lighting are required, although personally I prefer either to place fluorescent tubes or detectors timers mounted on incandescent or timers
Switching from general lighting to concentrated lighting also allows some savings by maintaining a sufficiently intense luminous flux where activities are concentrated. That said, my credo is still: before spending money to change your lighting, which represents 5 to 10% of your consumption, act first in heating savings, 30% pcq of 90%, (= 27% ) it's still more than 70% of 10% (= 7%)
Then act on long-term lighting (office, living room, kitchen, dining room)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/01/07, 23:04

Beuh ....
Have you often seen "neon lights" in a house, you? : Shock:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/07, 23:36

Except in the garage ... no : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/07, 23:38

Mettero wrote:Well you are right because here it is E14 :D

Uh but pkoi just does not change the base of the lights? In my opinion it is more economical than taking an E27-E14 adapter ... personally I have never seen more ...
0 x
Mettero
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mettero » 27/01/07, 08:39

Christophe wrote:
Mettero wrote:Well you are right because here it is E14 :D

Uh but pkoi just does not change the base of the lights? In my opinion it is more economical than taking an E27-E14 adapter ... personally I have never seen more ...

not sure that it is easily feasible, the lights come from family counters.
0 x