A "laboratory" power supply from a PC ATX power supply ...

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: A "laboratory" power supply from a PC ATX power supply ...

by RV-P » 07/10/17, 14:48

- NEW !
- After testing my galvanically isolated power supply to power my two volt / ammeters Chinese, there was a problem: the power is "fout short-juice" as soon as I feed both volt / ammeters (red wires and black) by the little transformer ... Grrr!
- But, trying to feed ONLY ONE of these volt / ammeters, I realize that it works "nickel"! After careful reflection, I came up with an idea: to feed the positive volt / ammeter with the small transformer and the negative by + 5VSB, to take the mass on the -0 / 24V and to mount a stabilized power supply (6V will be perfect)!
- Here is the diagram:
Chinese symmetric VA adaptation3.jpg
Symmetrical Chinese VA Adaptation3.jpg (99.85 KIO) Accessed 4682 times

- You will notice :
* the power supply of the positive volt / ammeter with the small transformer galvanically isolated,
* the power supply of the negative volt / ammeter by + 5VSB, so that even 0V, we see the display, and its mass on the -0 / 24V! By the small stabilized power supply, the voltage does not exceed 6V, even when the voltage is maximum (-24V)!
- Here is a photo of the tests:
Symmetrical average intensity.jpg

- And there, it works "nickel"! All that remains is to "tweak" the optocoupler setting to indicate the same voltage as the negative voltmeter. For the intensity, nothing to say!
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A "laboratory" power supply from a PC ATX power supply ...

by izentrop » 09/10/17, 20:17

Hello,
Clever voltage inversion via an opto-coupler.

The video edit is not bad either:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCBz2eTzww8
0 x