Wiring machine motor speeds washing 2

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/09, 11:37

chatelot16 wrote:to read your curves well it would be necessary to put the tension of exitation on a linear scale: you will see that beyond a certain exitation the tension of exit does not increase in proportion: it is sign that the magnetic circuit saturates , so that the yield becomes bad

Good point is what it seemed to me (there was a maximum / optimum) because 30W excitation (for a given engine for 225W) seems really huge!

chatelot16 wrote:at random without tracing the curve I would say not to exceed 5v

Ok I guess there is an optimum to be determined case by case (depending on the RPM and type of windings)

Question: Does the load count? That is to say ideally should a variable excitation depending on the load?

chatelot16 wrote:to increase the tension it is necessary to increase the speed

it is not a type of engine adapted to low speed

Ben I'm still surprised by the results because a screwdriver turns quite weakly (I have more doc but I do not think it exceeds the 400-500 rpm) it is not a drill!

Ah my humble opinion it will suffice for what I want to do.

Today I will try to excite with 12V AC to see if it's better? And I will connect the oscilloscope!

ps: this subject has advanced faster than expected and the subject of the generator no longer corresponds to the title, so I will make a new subject with a summary of what has been said! There it's done: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moteur-uni ... t6819.html

So for all that concerns the current generator mode, please continue the discussion on this new topic, I have already copied / pasted the most interesting information about the generator mode: Tranformet or modify a universal engine in generator mode. THANK YOU!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/09, 20:19

boubka wrote:
chatelot16 wrote:to have the alternative it is really necessary to exite in alternative, for example with a transformer 220v has secondary 5v or 12v ...

no you cannot have an alternative on a carbon collector motor (the collector is a rectifier)
it is not a ring wound rotor motor (alternator)
moreover the excitation of an alternator this fact continuously

the universal motor is a direct current motor which suffices to reverse at 50hz its excitation: it is true in motor: each time the 50hz reverses the motor always turns in the same direction since it reverses both excitation and rotor

in dynamo it's the same: every time we invert the excitation it reverses the output voltage: so it's an output frequency completely independent of the speed of rotation: I've never seen any industrial application but it works
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/01/09, 20:22

chatelot16 wrote:I have never seen an industrial application but it works

As soon as possible I test and believe me that you will "see" an application, but more agricultural than industrial : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

For the rest of the discussion on the generators, we continue here separately: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moteur-uni ... t6819.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/09, 21:25

I understood correctly or is the continuation but here it was to answer boubka which is not copied in the continuation
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 05/01/09, 21:55

ok if you have tried it ..
but I admit that I have a lot of trouble understanding this operation!
when empty it should behave like a transformer? it should heat up?
in rotation there must be a large resistant torque?
if we exceed the speed of the rotating field, it should flash at the collector? no ? you have to modify the frequency at the collector? you have to turn in the right direction?
in the reversibility of elec machines I have never heard of a DC motor that can generate AC
it is beyond me
I'm testing this weekend
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/09, 22:19

no there are no rotating fields there is only one field sometimes positive sometimes negative

if the universal motor accepts this repeated inversion of the field there is no reason that it does not also work in generator

do not be under any illusion: the performance of universal motors is quite bad in engines: it will not be better in generator
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 05/01/09, 22:31

thank you chatelot for your explanations
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/01/09, 02:14

Hello

small differences from universal motors to that of DC motors are minimal

first the excitation poles must be in laminated sheet for the universals while in Continuous it can be in mild steel
the excitation winding is slightly less of a turn on the universal (series) than on the continuous current, but they work in the same way and are all reversible as a generator.

Andre
0 x