Wiring machine motor speeds washing 2

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/09, 21:55

I have just tested the "Chatelot" method with the 2nd motor, a small screwdriver (fully) and a direct current DC excitation on a stabilized laboratory power supply! Well...

IT WORKS!!

Thank you chatelot (he should find this topic sooner or later) !! I'm giving you a nice Excitation Voltage / Power curve (it eats a lot), don't move!

We all have a potential generator at home and we don't know it !!
Last edited by Christophe the 04 / 01 / 09, 22: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/09, 22:21

And here are the curves 2, how did I do it?

a) Adjustable DC excitation (9 measurement points from 0.48V to 10.30 V). Made by a laboratory 12V 3A stabilized power supply ... I do not exceed the 10.30 because the amperage reaches its maximum for the power supply!

b) Excitation on the stator, output on the rotor as indicated by Chatelot (the reverse can not be too?)

c) I activate the rotor with a small screwdriver (fully). Hoping that the speed of rotation is constant ...

d) I made a DC and AC measurement with an ultrabasic voltmeter. How much difference do you think? We must be far from the sine of 50Hz AC side ... surely for that ... Tomorrow I put the oscillo on it that I received for Christmas !!

Results:

a) Output voltage / excitation voltage

b) Output voltage / excitation power

Is there a "shady" point at 9.02 Volts in DC? I have trouble reading?

What do the experts think about electric motors / generators? In any case, a big thank you lv13r and Chatelot in absentia (if it says in this context) :D

Well we're off topic finally ... Here I am excited! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/09, 22:30

lv13r wrote:it is the engine of his induction motor single phase (no sweeping or controller and knob) and need to boot condo
WITH THOSE IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A GENERATOR
lv13R

Ah? So the one I just tested is already a "recent" one? Yet it dates from 1989 !! Indeed I have not found a (power) capacitor and there is indeed an electronic part which manages the motor (see diagram 1st post): we are therefore in the case at the bottom left crossed out: electronically managed brush motor.

Otherwise I read on this doc: https://www.econologie.com/transformer-u ... -4294.html

that by putting a simple capacitor in // of the motor one could transform into generator any asynchronous motor!

The capacitance in µF of this capacitor is calculated as follows: 2% of the motor power in W
Last edited by Christophe the 04 / 05 / 11, 20: 29, 2 edited once.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 04/01/09, 22:31

Hello
lv13r wrote:for Shema that had heaps c applies to the old generation of washing machine yes there were only two speeds a slower washing and fastest spin
it is the engine of his induction motor single phase (no sweeping or controller and knob) and need to boot condo
WITH THOSE IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A GENERATOR
lv13R

On my test bench small panton engine it is a 1/2 hp single-phase 110volt engine which acts as a generator, it is enough to place in parallel a capacitor of 8 to 16 microfarad type paper (from ballast mercury lamp) a load of 3 lamps 100watt lamps and it is very stable there is just the frequency and voltage which adapts to the RPM, but if it drives around the speed indicated by the motor it is good
I used this assembly for a long time to do my load tests

Andre
the engine is used to start then it becomes generator for the load
Last edited by Other the 04 / 01 / 09, 22: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/09, 22:34

Thank you André! You confirm what I read on the .pdf cited above!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/09, 00:55

hello Christophe happy new year

it's always nice to see old topics come back

to read your curves well it would be necessary to put the tension of exitation on a linear scale: you will see that beyond a certain exitation the tension of exit does not increase in proportion: it is sign that the magnetic circuit saturates , so that the yield becomes bad

at random without tracing the curve I would say not to exceed 5v

to increase the tension it is necessary to increase the speed

it is not a type of engine adapted to low speed
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/01/09, 01:26

I just read a little better: you still exite in cc: the output is always in cc

and you have fallen into the trap of the little multimeter who only measures an alternace on 2 by multiplying by 2 to make good average with the other alternation which is not measured: if you put your voltmetre AC in the other meaning you will always have 0

to have the alternative it is really necessary to exite in alternative, for example with a transformer 220v has secondary 5v or 12v ...
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 05/01/09, 01:35

it is a universal motor
if you want to use it as a motor you have to put a variator because if you plug it in series it turns very quickly (at least 10 rpm) and the coals do not "last long"
if you run in generator you should know that you have a straightening current and not continuous it distorts the measurements with a digital multimeter (you can smooth this current with a large polarized condo)
here is some diagram for the use in engine
on the diagrams the variator is a dimmer (not terible for the couple) but the best is to use the variator of origin
and for those who want to make the variator
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 05/01/09, 01:42

chatelot16 wrote:to have the alternative it is really necessary to exite in alternative, for example with a transformer 220v has secondary 5v or 12v ...

no you cannot have an alternative on a carbon collector motor (the collector is a rectifier)
it is not a ring wound rotor motor (alternator)
moreover the excitation of an alternator this fact continuously
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 05/01/09, 02:45

Christophe wrote:a simple capacitor in // of the motor one could transform into generator any asynchronous motor!

The capacitance in µF of this capacitor is calculated as follows: 2% of the motor power in W

it is an approach, here is an exel calculation table which gives you the exact value
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... A7FBhN.xls
0 x