What transformer for LED bulb?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
imagi-led
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by imagi-led » 21/03/07, 18:19

thank you for the info : Cheesy:

I will try 60 leds tomorrow and then I also consider other media ...

I also think to do a small site with the different results obtained, I think it might interest some people ... and try to put interesting information that I found ...

Thank you, see you soon
0 x
All is relative!
imagi-led
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by imagi-led » 22/03/07, 17:41

here is a little test of the day

I tried to add a fixed 12 volt with a small mount lm7812
(exact diagram will follow) as well as the site with useful info

result not for today, I climb my 7812 upside down (if, if I managed to fool myself by welding : Shock: , and I made a short circuit - by welding two legs too close :frown: ....) Finally it's never a test card ...
the test 60 led is reported ...

I also had a colleague of 20leds led bulbs 12V ac / dc to try, GU5.3

see you later for more info
0 x
All is relative!
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/03/07, 18:18

you said

it's luxury!

in my opinion you tickle to make you laugh and you will spend energy also in the 7812 is an analog component
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obelix
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Obelix » 22/03/07, 19:01

imagi-led wrote:here is a little test of the day

see you later for more info

Hello,

Not only do you tickle, but you also lose power in heat.
Led diodes do not require a great precision on the supply voltages nor on the currents.
A voltage of 12 Volts at +/- 0.5 Volts is largely sufficient for the calculations of the series resistance to be set to have the necessary 20mA.
Look rather at the DC voltage at the transformer output for consumption 0.4 A and calculate the resistance accordingly.
The simpler it is the less you will have problems !!

Good tests!

Obelix
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 23/03/07, 00:32

I quite agree on the interest of the RIT (Voltage Regulator) ... In general, it is used only to make the quality of your signal straightened so that it is of much better quality. So, utility for lighting ?! (I did not check if in the previous link that I posted you, it was in AC or DC !!! It was just for the principle on the connection of the diodes ...)
http://www.southwest.com.au/~jfuller/el ... lators.htm

However, a protection diode on the voltage peaks can be useful: it seems to me that it is a zener diode connected in parallel and before your power: your LEDs. A zener diode for example 15V would do the trick. I think it can be mounted alone or with resistance to limit anyway its dissipation. It is also to mount with a fuse imperatively. Look closer because it protects up to a certain limit ...
http://www.stielec.ac-aix-marseille.fr/ ... /zener.htm
http://etronics.free.fr/dossiers/analog/analog11.htm
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diode_Zener
http://inforadio.free.fr/protecalim.htm

For over-currents, you have to calibrate a fuse to put directly at the output of your transformer and in series, before the zener diode.

To resume a little the principle, since I can not find adequate documents ... In fact, you put a fuse to limit 500ma or a little above, since this is the limit that can provide your converter AC / DC. Or, otherwise, you can size your fuse to only the intensity needed to power your LEDs, which is preferable.
Then, you can add a zener diode of 15V for example, in parallel between your mass and your +. This will allow you to protect yourself against possible temporary surges, if your converter is simple or unreliable.
However, if you find yourself in sustained surge, your current will cross the branch of your zener diode, which will short circuit your converter. In this case, the intensity will increase until your power goes off. But since you have a fuse between your power supply and your zener diode, either your fuse blows, or it's your zener diode (only if the energy it can dissipate is less than the energy needed to blow the fuse), and in the latter case, your LEDs are no longer protected against a possible overvoltage. Again, in the latter case, you can add in series a resistance that will allow you to dissipate this energy rather than in the zener alone ...

You can also do some tests to check these points before putting your LEDs after your editing! : Wink:
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 23/03/07, 00:37

I checked the assembly of the link I had filed, and it is a montage with DC power supply.
Info: the 1N4001 diode that it uses is there to protect the assembly when connecting the battery. If the guy is wrong when connecting the battery, nothing happens. If he's good, the LEDs work !! : Wink:

USEFUL!!
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 23/03/07, 16:27

imagi-led wrote:
the test 60 led is reported ...

I also had a colleague of 20leds led bulbs 12V ac / dc to try, GU5.3

60 leds well, try with 80 leds and only a diode bridge or as I did 4 X (20 leds + diode bridge) like that no more need of transformer or resistances :D .
On the other hand to be very careful because there is the 220 on the lamp.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
imagi-led
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by imagi-led » 24/03/07, 17:33

the monatge with a 7812 it was to try with a transformer that released 24 volt, and also to try a small electronic assembly, but I move away from my main subject: eclairge led

thank you all for the comments
0 x
All is relative!
imagi-led
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by imagi-led » 24/04/07, 13:51

here I received my leds from 140.000Mcd.

I will cable 20 and put them in a carcass of a halogen.

I know about the results
0 x
All is relative!
imagi-led
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by imagi-led » 25/04/07, 07:51

here, I mounted 12 leds of 140.000mcd ,.
I placed them in a carcass of a halogen of 150watts (price: 2,95 €). price of return: 2,95 + 12leds (12 * 0.2 €) + a transformer that I found: 0 € who said that we could not do the lighting leds not expensive ... and it gives something other than the spots leds that we sell at BriKo for crazy sums ....
(I even saw garden spots with only one led => but what a scam !!!!! at 20 € for two garden spots, it's shameful ...)

The result is good enough, I am very happy, I knew that the light would be quite concentrated.
I try this one in the course behind my home or it is quite dark, it gives really well I will try to put pictures of the week ...

next ideas: mount leds on one by 16
try with blue leds to light a house that is facade white with the sfenetres in blue, I think it should be correct (although I know that blue will give less than white ...
On the spot I finished I will try to add 55.000 LEDs by tilting slightly hsitoire to have a lighting a little wider ...

here is a good week, if qqun has any ideas of application I am a taker ... :P
0 x
All is relative!