Tips choices change bulbs (bathroom and kitchen)

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
slowrage
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Tips choices change bulbs (bathroom and kitchen)

by slowrage » 29/01/11, 20:08

Hello,

I would like to get some advice on the choice of lighting / bulbs because with everything that exists today I feel a little lost.

So here are 2 situations on which I would like your help:

first of all in the kitchen, we have triple spots (see photo) with light bulbs say classic. (see photo) We would like to replace this lighting with something that is economical in terms of consumption but which still lights up well, because it is important when we cook to see well ^^
Of course we could change the ceiling light as needed.

Then for the Bathroom, would it be possible to replace the small spot (hallogenic I think) by something more economical and which lasts a little longer than a few months ^^

Thank you in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Severin
0 x
spanish
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by spanish » 29/01/11, 21:46

I had already asked an almost similar question here:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/conseil-am ... 10383.html

For the kitchen and the bathroom, I would see cool white.

The bulbs SMD triple hearts, are really not bad for a consumption of less than 4W, a rendering equivalent to 50W (for those that I tested, the others on paper light even better in 24 LEDs but I have not tested ) and an angle of about 150 °

edit: for my part it is GU10. But you should find an equivalent if necessary.

exple in E27:

Number of LEDs: 28 SMD
LEDs with three hearts (3 chips)
Bulb diameter: 63 mm
Power supply: 220 volts AC
Light output: 80 watts
Brightness: 633 Lm white / 610 Lm warm white
Color: white 5200 K ° - warm white 3300 K ° [info]
Diffusion angle: 150 °
Lifespan: 50 hours
Consumption: 5,1 watts
Base type: E27
Bulb with glass protection
No UV or infrared radiation
Security insurance: CE ROHS
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/01/11, 09:36

Hi slow,

Solution without changing the ceiling light:

For the kitchen, I assume it's GU10 base, you need powerful lighting, especially since you cannot see other light sources: I therefore recommend gu10 LEDs of at least 3W: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90 in cool or neutral white: https://www.econologie.com/shop/pack-3- ... p-577.html

you can mix with other models: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoules-led-c-90

For the bathroom, what is the base? I presume an MR16?
In this case the SMD could suffice: https://www.econologie.com/shop/ampoule ... p-644.html

In the kitchen, some prefer cold white for work (but the bulbs you currently have, if halogen, are also warm white). Nothing prevents adding a neon fluorescent tube in cold white at the worktop.

You can also read:
electricity-electronics-informatics / power-d-lighting-and-a-kitchen-and-bath-tub-t10070.html
where he has the detailed calculation method according to the lumens and lux and the size of the rooms (m²)

and also:
electricity-electronics-informatics / ceiling-led-on-planes-de-work-kitchen-t9375.html
https://www.econologie.com/choisir-l-ecl ... -4309.html

ps: other possibilities here https://www.econologie.com/shop/eclaira ... ique-c-100 (like slabs or led strips)
0 x
oby
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oby » 30/01/11, 10:16

Hello,

for my part I can only advise you a "classic" neon lighting.
Indeed, LED bulbs or low consumption, it's rubbish. Indeed it consumes less, but all the on-board electronics are very expensive (in CO²) to recycle.

Sincerely,
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/11, 10:13

obi76 wrote:but all on-board electronics are very expensive (in CO²) to recycle.

Lost!!! A "neon" (already it is Fluorescent Tube that must be said, neon is the store signs) it is just as problematic to recycle as a fluorescent bulb ... and since their lifespan is equivalent (with quality fluorescent). Well that's kif kif ....

There is a ballast (electronic or ferric + starter) to recycle also for TF ... the difference is that it is external so the tube can be changed without the ballast and vice versa.

Professional fluorescent bulbs from a certain power (80W) or a certain format (GX23 see electricite-electronique-informatique/consommation-lampes-avec-ampoules-g23-g24-gx24-et-2g-t2125.html ) also have an external ballast ...

Otherwise a TF is indeed good for cooking.
0 x
slowrage
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

please

by slowrage » 31/01/11, 11:55

Thank you for all your very complete and precise answers.
It's not that easy to have good lighting ^ _ ^

I would like to ask another question:
we also have hallogenic floor lamps in the bedrooms / living room, I suppose, without taking a lot of risk, that it is not very economical ^^

What can we do there? are there eco bulbs that fit on these lampposts, should we buy new ones? with what type of bulb?

thanks again :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/11, 12:22

Hey slowrage; would you not be a bit deliberate to find? ^^

(I know that there is better than the shop level ergonomics but all the sites can not have the conceptual simplicity of twitter or google ...)

On this page https://www.econologie.com/shop/eclaira ... ique-c-100

There will be a loss of lighting (see power equivalence) but you should know that a large part of the power (depends on the color of the ceiling) of the 500W of a halogen is "lost" in the ceiling by non-reflection. .

Attention must remove or no longer use the drive!

Otherwise switching to an E27 luminaire is another possible solution.
0 x
oby
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oby » 31/01/11, 18:21

Christophe wrote:
obi76 wrote:but all on-board electronics are very expensive (in CO²) to recycle.

Lost!!! A "neon" (already it is Fluorescent Tube that must be said, neon is the store signs) it is just as problematic to recycle as a fluorescent bulb ... and since their lifespan is equivalent (with quality fluorescent). Well that's kif kif ....

Hello,

not at all, a neon apart from a ballast you don't need much ...
an LED bulb, the conversion to 5V requires a not so small transformer, control electronics and there we attack in tantalum etc.

The neon lights to be recycled, apart from phosphorus powder (easily recoverable and recyclable), there is not much.

Sincerely,

EDIT: would it be that the fact that a neon tube has no plastic and that a compact fluorescent as well as LEDs is stuffed with it confirms me in my opinion.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 31/01/11, 20:49

obi76 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Hello,

not at all, a neon apart from a ballast you don't need much ...
an LED bulb, the conversion to 5V requires a not so small transformer, control electronics and there we attack in tantalum etc.

The neon lights to be recycled, apart from phosphorus powder (easily recoverable and recyclable), there is not much.

Sincerely,

EDIT: would it be that the fact that a neon tube has no plastic and that a compact fluorescent as well as LEDs is stuffed with it confirms me in my opinion.

Obi76

Well there you need to perfect your knowledge because there is also very polluting mercury in a fluorescent and the electronics are much more complicated than on a simple Electro-Luminescent Diode which requires only resistors and diodes for the simplest and a small chopper which is also on a "neon" for the most complicated!

Without wanting to offend you, you are particularly negative in your comments on all the subjects on which you have just posted!

Raise the pedal a little my friend! :|
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
slowrage
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by slowrage » 03/02/11, 13:52

Christophe> Thank you for the answer on the Hallogenes, yes it's true I did not look very well on the site, but I also wanted to know your expert opinion on the question. I think I'll take 1 to test and possibly continue with others if the rendering is good :)

For others, do not argue about whether the ecological impact of the components is significant or not, end consumers think above all about the economy in terms of electricity consumption and lighting rendering, so even if you have right one or the other I am not sure that it changes manners ...

Severin
0 x